Epilogue

Epilogue

A Chapter by Jennika has a short attention span :P

Epilogue

1 and a half years later

"You don't have to do this if you're not ready" Ryan told me.
"I am ready" I told him firmly.
"Sky, you haven't changed a bit, still as stubborn as ever"
"Well, it must be inherited" I laughed as I watched our son try to crawl to his pacifier.
"I blame you" he smiled. "You got everything?"
"For the umpteenth time, yes. The flowers are in the car along with the angel"
"Just making sure, you're also a tad bit forgetful"
"Lies" I laughed.
"Want me to invite Silvia, Shawn, Rob and his new girl over?"
"Yeah, I think it's time I moved on. I'll be back in time to eat your delicious meal" I smiled.
"Good. Love you"
"Love you too" I said and kissed him goodbye.

I walked down the rows of headstones to my parents graves.

"Hey Mom. Hey Dad" I whispered. "Can you believe it? I'm married and I have a son. He's 8 months old now. He looks a lot like his daddy. It's a shame he won't get to meet his grandparents. I mean, he'll know Ryan's parents, but he won't know you two. I love you guys, and I've kept Rob and Sil safe. We're done with that life now. Drake's dead and so are his parents. Maybe Drake's up in heaven with you two? I miss you two so much" I laid a bouquet of red and white flowers on their joined headstone.

I stood up from my squatted position and moved down a couple more rows of headstones. I kneeled down in front of Drake's grave and laid a bouquet of blue flowers down. I placed an angel down with an inscription that read 'Stones' on her robe.

"I guess this is goodbye" I whispered and stood up, dusting myself off.

I looked towards the sky and thought about Ryan's promise. Sticks and stones have been my obstacle most of my life. It feels good to be rid of all that now. There's no guessing, this is goodbye.

 



© 2011 Jennika has a short attention span :P


Author's Note

Jennika has a short attention span :P
Sticks and Stones is finally finished!!!!!!!! :D
Yeah, if you're someone who read the paper version of this, you'll know I went farther ahead in Skylar's journey than I orginally planned. Oh well, I like this, and it's actually longer than my paper version. Suprisingly >.>
Oh my Jinxx, I finished my homework 2 days ago! I'm so frikken excited! >:D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

:O! Didnt exspect that! But omg great ending *applaud* haha.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
1 Review
Added on August 12, 2011
Last Updated on August 12, 2011


Author

Jennika has a short attention span :P
Jennika has a short attention span :P

Boringsville, AR



About
Blah blah blah. :P I am no one but MYSELF. var wp_user="Jennika";var wp_size=1; Facebook page!(: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1219060186#!/pages/The-Nerd-Herd-D/112234605461716 M.. more..

Writing