Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

A Chapter by Jennika has a short attention span :P

Chapter Thirteen

"Skylar, you have got to stay still" Robert said pushing me back down onto the little cot.

"But Drake-"

"Drake is dead. There's nothing you could've done, and it won't help anyone if you go and waste blood"

"He's my best friend." I argued.

"Shh, it'll be okay" Ryan said holding my hand.

"How will it be okay? He's gone forever"

"You've got your brother, your sister, your team, and you've got me"

"But he wasn't even at fault. Why'd he have to die?"

"Well, his family's reunited with each other, might as well be happy for him" Silvia said awkwardly. I knew she didn't like him, but even she admitted that she didn't want him dead.

"His family's caused us nothing but heart break anyways. They took our family away from us. Everyone we ever loved and cared about" Robert said.

"But if you think about it, Drake never actually did anything. Sure, he recruited our only living relative, but still, he had a choice in the matter, it's not like he was forced or anything, and the whole school thing was an accident" I defended.

"She's right, you know" Silvia murmured in agreement.

"Dang it Sky, stay still" Robert griped.

"I'm trying, that stuff is cold" I whined.

"You'll be okay, won't you Sky?" Silvia asked.

"Of course I will" I assured her. Despite how nerve racking having yet another person I cared for yanked out of my life, I have to be strong, if not for me, then for the three people I care about most. Robert, Silvia, and Ry..I mean two people. The only two people who'll never be taken out of this world by an untimely death.

"Can I talk to her alone?" Ryan asked.

"Hold on, let me wrap her arm up" Robert said, then departed the room with Silvia.

"You really going to be okay?" he asked rubbing circles on the back of my hand.

"Yeah, I am" I said with certainty.

"I just want to help-"

"Well I don't need your help" I snapped. I saw his injured face, "I'm sorry. It's just, I'm a little shaken up"

"A little? Your enemy gone best friend is frightening enough, then you witness his murder? That would tear me up inside"

"I've seen murder, and have committed them for awhile now, you kind of get used to it"

He chuckled, "Mm, I bet"

"What's so funny?" I asked curiously.

"This is probably the most civil conversation we've had"

I blushed, "Don't get used to it"

"Are you blushing?" he teased.

"No!"

"I think you are" he smiled. "What are you so afraid of?"

"Afraid? Me, afraid? Pfft, I think you've got me confused with Robert"

"You know you can tell me anything, right?"

"Yeah, but seriously, I'm not afraid"

"Are you scared for Rob and Silvia?"

I nodded my head. How the crap does he do that? "I don't want them taken from me too"

"Well, as far as I'm concerned, they won't be taken from you anytime soon, if I have anything to say about it"

"Well, as far as I'm concerned, I think I'd miss you if you were taken from me too" I said.

He looked shocked, "Oh, so we like my constant annoyingness now?"

"I have to admit, you are one of my best students"

"You know, I won't let anything happen to them, or me, I promise"

"Don't make promises you can't keep"

"Ah, but this is a promise I can keep"

I looked at him with curiosity, "Oh? How so? You can predict the future?"

"No, but we're getting out of this life, you, me, Robert, and Silvia"

"What about the rest of the recruits?"

"They live their lives. Certainly they can find something to do"

"It can't be this easy"

"Trust me, it isn't easy. It's going to be tough adjusting to the rest of the world, settling in, and going through a routine scheduele"

"Wow, you make it seem so unappealing"

"Well, would it be more appealing if you had someone by yourside the whole time?"

I narrowed my eyes, "Someone? Isn't that supposed to be plural?"

"I was referring to me, dense much?" he stook out his tongue.

"Oh, well, I guess it could be"

"You guess?"

"If you're not taken from me abruptly, then yes"

"Listen, Skylar, I promised I wouldn't let anything happen. Sticks and Stones may bruise your skin, but I promise I won't let anyone be taken from you again"

"What are you a poet?" I laughed.

"Girl, you know it" he winked. "So whataya say? You and me against the world?"

"Well, since your so good at rhyming" I teased, "Yes. I say yes"

"Would you also say yes to a marriage proposal?" he asked.



© 2011 Jennika has a short attention span :P


Author's Note

Jennika has a short attention span :P
Sorry if it's short >.>
I completely re-wrote it from scratch, though just for you! It's actually longer than my first version, so yeah :D
Hmm, I wonder what her answer is, oh wait, I do know >:D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

DUN. . . DUN. . DUN. . Cant wait to read more chickidee so write more!! P.s.- Love the poem!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
1 Review
Added on August 4, 2011
Last Updated on August 4, 2011


Author

Jennika has a short attention span :P
Jennika has a short attention span :P

Boringsville, AR



About
Blah blah blah. :P I am no one but MYSELF. var wp_user="Jennika";var wp_size=1; Facebook page!(: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1219060186#!/pages/The-Nerd-Herd-D/112234605461716 M.. more..

Writing