Four Years Later.

Four Years Later.

A Chapter by K.S. McClure

"Its been nearly four years since Derek came to the mountain. He's progressing quite nicely. When do you leave for your next retrieval?"

Kelsey sighed... Why was Chihanna asking her this when she was the one who had told her to go? The Fire Sage was so forgetful at times.

"I'm leaving as soon as I tell Derek bye. That boy wouldn't know what to think if I left without telling him." They both laughed at this. 

"Well, I guess you'd better hurry then." Chihanna said with a smile. "I'll leave you, good luck on retrieval."

Kelsey nodded at this statement and then watched as the Sage left the hall. She then turned her attention to Derek. He was in the middle of the hall working on his sword dance. She smiled. It would be a favorite at the festival. The people always loved the flashy stuff.

 

Derek stopped when he felt her watching him. "What do you think?"

"I think you are going to do very well." She watched him as he smiled. Derek was like a little brother to her. "I just stopped by to tell you I was leaving. I've got a retrieval to go on."

"Where are you going this time?"

"I'm supposed go find this guy in Venice."

"Venice? As in Venice with water all over the place?"

"Yeah," Kelesy laughed, "how ironic that someone from the City of Water would come to the Fire Division. Well, I've got to go." With that, she conjurred up her fire and was gone. Derek sighed.

 

It would be a few more years before he could go back to the outside world. You were only allowed off the mountain if you were able to control your ability. Seeing as he hadn't even developed his ability yet, he had a while to go. The Ninabi took no chances with being discovered by the ordinary people of Earth.

 

There were, of course, a few exceptions to that rule. You could go to any other Ninabi Mountain, and you could go to less populated areas if you had an escort. At any rate, he needed to finish working on his sword dance. There was no use worrying. He couldnt make himself older at will.

 

 

 

 

 

A few hours later, Kelsey returned with someone named Antonio. He was, of course, eighteen. You could tell by looking at Kelsey that she was exhausted. She had probably had to use compulsion to make him come with her. Having to persuade guys always took more out of you than if you were persuading a girl. Derek had often wondered about how that worked. No one really knew, though. But if you had the ability, you could make people do whatever you wanted them to, within reason of course. No one really had the power to make someone overcome someone else's personal morals. The only thing the ability was ever used for was to get people to come to the mountain.

 

Now that he thought about, Derek figured that was how she had got him to come with her, without any problems at all. It was no big deal to him of course, he liked it here. It was much better than being out on the streets.

He continued practicing. His dance was almost perfected. He was still practicing when Kelsey came in. She sat and watched him for a while. He was going to do very well at the festival.

"Derek!" He stopped and turned to look at her. "Its time to go. If you keep this up, you'll be so worn out you wont be able to perform at the festival. Take a break. You've still got two more days."

He sighed. Kelsey was of course right, however. It was going to be a long two days.

 



© 2010 K.S. McClure


Author's Note

K.S. McClure
If you see any grammatical errors or something I missed, please let me know!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's good. I'm still guessing. I'm loving the fantasy world you have created.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


Again, a very good chapter.
~PJ

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Yeah, who knew that someone from the City of Water would come to the Fire Division." LOL thats funny XD good job cant wait to read the rest

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

376 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 1, 2009
Last Updated on February 2, 2010
Previous Versions


Author

K.S. McClure
K.S. McClure

Almost the smallest town ever..., AR



About
"There is always beauty in simplicity" "A butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough." Kris McClureCreate Your Badge Hey, Kristen here. I've been a member for a while now, b.. more..

Writing
*Mask* *Mask*

A Story by K.S. McClure


Awaken Awaken

A Chapter by K.S. McClure



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lockdown Lockdown

A Chapter by K.S. McClure