Fire Flower

Fire Flower

A Chapter by K.S. McClure

 

Kelsey sighed. You'd think that since everyone was trained in the art of self-control, they would be able to contain their screams. Apparently not. She made her way through the crowd looking for Chihanna. She saw her running out of the hall towards her lookout ledge. She ran after her.

 

When she finally caught up with her, she asked "What the heck is going on?"

 

Chihanna didnt answer at first, but just kept running. "Mount Fire Flower is erupting."

 

"What? I thought we had people monitoring the mountain so we would know in time to evacuate."

 

"I thought that, too. Either they were preoccupied with the festival, or something happened to them. Lets hope it was the former."

 

They reached Kelsey's ledge, and the sight that before them made them gasp. Mount Fire Flower was erupting, and they could see all of the monitors' bodies lying about. However, they could see that the eruption wasn't what killed them.

 

"Mistress Chihanna!!" Kelsey and Chihanna both looked to see who was calling. It was one of the monitors. "Please, help me!"

 

"I've got it, Chihanna." said a voice behind them. They both watched as Ryan jumped off of the ledge and ran to where the monitor was and picked him. They sighed in relief when he made it to safety.

 

Chihanna suddenly turned around and stormed back into the Fire Mountain.

"Everyone! Listen! I need you all to calm down. Mace, Keenon, and Jo I need you to go and make sure all the doors facing Mount Fire Flower are shut, and also to make sure the iron gates on the inside are shut as well." She watched as all three ran off into separate directions, each one to one of the doors. "Now," she said, "Please go on with the festival, there is nothing to worry with." She turned and started walking into the hallway. "Kelsey, please come with me."

 

Kelsey followed Chihanna further into the mountain. They were going to see how the monitor was doing. When they got to the clinic, they found Ryan waiting outside.

 

"How is he?" asked Chihanna.

 

"On the way here, he kept mumbling something about how 'it wasnt time' and 'Mariposa, why is Mariposa here?'. He wasn't making any sense."

 

Kelsey was startled. Mariposa? Surely its not the same one? Chihanna looked at her with sympathy in her eyes. Mariposa was her sister, but she had deserted the mountains in search of something else. Before she left, something had changed. She wasnt the same person she had been. She sighed. It probably wasn't her anyways. Why would Mariposa come back to the mountain after so many years?

 

The door to the clinic opened. "Mistress Chihanna, he's awake," said the nurse. "If you want to talk to him, you better do it now. Its highly unlikely that he will live much longer."

 

"What happened to him?"

 

"We aren't sure. Its like he's gone completely crazy and his mind is shutting all of his vital organs down."

 

Chihanna, Kelsey, and Ryan all walked into the room that the monitor was in.

 

"Mistress.." He said. It was unclear whether he recognized her or was just calling for her. "I must tell the mistress something."

 

"Speak then, for I am here."

 

For one second, the monitors eyes focused on Chihanna, but in just the same amount of time, they were unfocused.

 

"Mariposa is back.... She came and told us all to be silent, and we were unable to disobey. I dont know but she must've been using her ability.... Someone was with her. A man. He made the Fire Flower erupt. It wasnt supposed to... for another month..." He was suddenly mumbling incoherent things again. It wasn't long before the nurse had to come back and sedate him.

 

Chihanna looked at him in sadness. "Notify me immediately when he passes on."

 

Chihanna walked out, followed by Ryan and Kelsey.



© 2009 K.S. McClure


Author's Note

K.S. McClure
Mariposa?? hehehe.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hey, it's a unique name. I'm interested to see more of Kesley's reaction. I'm loving the plot. I still can't determine it right away though. That's cool for me.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

omg luved it lol u had a guy named jo in there thats awsum lol

*~MariluLUVSJo~*

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 7, 2009


Author

K.S. McClure
K.S. McClure

Almost the smallest town ever..., AR



About
"There is always beauty in simplicity" "A butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough." Kris McClureCreate Your Badge Hey, Kristen here. I've been a member for a while now, b.. more..

Writing
*Mask* *Mask*

A Story by K.S. McClure


Awaken Awaken

A Chapter by K.S. McClure



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lockdown Lockdown

A Chapter by K.S. McClure