The Festival Pt.2

The Festival Pt.2

A Chapter by K.S. McClure

Boom! Boom! Boom!

 

Kelsey started running... She wanted to see the official start of the festival. That was always her favorite part. She got to the main hall just in time.

 

She was always in awe of the intricate dance that was made. There was a member from each division, five in total. Each had a certain degree of control on their element and used it to entertain during the festivals. Her friends Marilu and Ryan were here for this purpose.

 

The drumming stopped and the bells started. This was the signal the entertainers were waiting for. They all stepped onto the stage, each surrounded by their element. Each did an intricate series of kicks and flips.. always followed by their element creating an effect light glowsticks being twirled around on a string. Then, they stopped. This was the finally. All five were about five yards apart forming a circle. Simultaneously, they all jumped up and twirled around in the air sending their element upwards and into an arc. What was formed was a sphere made of all five elements that changed into the Ninabi symbol. Then, it was gone.

 

The crowd broke out into applause, with a few sending their own element up as a salute. Kelsey smiled. She loved festivals.

 

 

 

 

The night went on, with a few festival goers becoming a little too excited, but it was okay... Nothing was going to happen. Derek performed his sword dance, which was met with much applause at the end. Kelsey was proud of him, he had worked very hard on his dance.

 

"So what are you up to?" Kelsey turned around to face the voice, only to find that it was her friend Ryan, Marilu's brother. She smiled, it had been too long since she had seen him.

 

"Well, I was just enjoying the festival. By the way, the way your performed with your lightning was amazing tonight."

 

Ryan laughed. "Well, I try. How long is the festival supposed to last anyways?"

 

"Until everyone gets tired and goes home."

 

They talked for a while longer, but were suddenly distracted by what seemed to be an earthquake. The entire mountain was shaking. However, they were soon to find out that this was no earthquake.



© 2009 K.S. McClure


Author's Note

K.S. McClure
So what do all of you think the "earthquake" was?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I absolutely love this little world you've created. It feels so imaginative and wonderful. I could possibly picture this as an illustrated children's book.

Very fun read - I wonder what caused the trembling of the mountain. I'm curious to find out!

Lady

Posted 14 Years Ago


that was good i luv it cant wait to read the rest......the "eartquake"...hmm i think alot of ppl are tryin to attack?idk

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 6, 2009


Author

K.S. McClure
K.S. McClure

Almost the smallest town ever..., AR



About
"There is always beauty in simplicity" "A butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough." Kris McClureCreate Your Badge Hey, Kristen here. I've been a member for a while now, b.. more..

Writing
*Mask* *Mask*

A Story by K.S. McClure


Awaken Awaken

A Chapter by K.S. McClure