The Messenger

The Messenger

A Chapter by K.S. McClure
"

A messenger from the Earth Division has come too late to warn Mistress Chihanna.

"

"Kelsey, I need you to go find Mace and Jo. Then, come to the assembly room. Ryan, I need you to find Erik, Cassandra, Lily and Kyle."

 

Then they were off. When Kelsey had found Mace and Jo, she went to the assembly room, where the rest of the Council was already waiting. She took her seat beside Chihanna.

 

"Dear friends, I called you here to decide what we, as the Fire Ninabi will do. Today, Mount Fire Flower erupted and our monitors could do nothing, not even warn us. I'm sure you've noticed the earthquake, and the few minor tremors afterwards."

 

"Of course we have!" said a voice to their right. "And it is an outrage that your monitors were unable to warn us in time. Its a shame really, that the people under your guidance cannot even tell when our very own Fire Flower is about to erupt."

 

Chihanna looked at the speaker cooly. "Council Member Michael, you did not permit me to finish. All of the monitors are dead, save one, and he will not be with us much longer. I have just spoken with him. Someone used their ability to make the monitors unable to warn us, while another made the Fire Flower erupt prematurely. According to this monitor, it was not supposed to erupt for another month."

 

There were many whispers of speculation across the room at Chihanna's words. "How do we know this is true? Do you have any witnesses?" asked one member.

"Yes. Kelsey and Ryan of the Lightning Division, as well as the nurse on duty."

 

"Well, I do not believe you. Why would someone attack the Fire Mountain?"

 

"Becuase they are attacking all the Ninabi Divisions." Everyone gasped, and turned toward the voice. Kelsey couldn't believe it. What was Jani-K doing here? "Mistress Chihanna, if you would permit me to speak?"

 

"Of course, Jani-K. Please continue."

 

Jani-K nodded, then turned her attention to the other council members. "Council Members of the Ninabi Fire Division, I am a messenger from the Earth Division. I was sent to warn you that all other Ninabi Mountains had been attacked by those who have a much higher degree of control on their mental abilities than most. They have been controling some and rendering them into their service. I hoped to get here before you were attacked, but it seems I was too late."

 

Once again, Council Member Michael spoke up. "Then how do we know you are indeed a messenger of the Earth Division, and are not in the enemy's control?"

 

Jani-K frowned at him. "Search my mind, if you wish. Also, here are my papers from the Earth Sage."

 

Michael looked them over, frowning. He wasn't happy for some reason. "They are authentic." He handed them back to her, then sat back down in his seat.

 

"I also have a message for Mistress Chihanna."

 

Chihanna nodded. "We will speak after you have rested, then. Kelsey, please show her to a room."

 

"Please follow me," and they left.

 

 

 

"Its been too long, Jani-K. How have things at the Earth Mountain been?"

 

Jani-K sighed."Well, they were going good until a few weeks ago. Sage Gavin fell ill right before the attack and was not able to take charge. Shortly after, he passed on. So we have had to deal with the attack, a Sage's death, and a leadership change. All within the same month."

 

Kelsey patted her friend on the back. "So things have been pretty hectic, havent they?"

 

Jani-K stretched out on her bed and mumbled something incoherent.

 

"So, whos the new Earth Sage?" Kelsey asked curiously.

 

"Me."



© 2009 K.S. McClure


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Okay when Chihannah looked cooly, you should expand on that and tell us, the readers what that looks like or when Michael is frowning, what does he look like, or maybe they might not be important as of now. I can't tell, you've given them a name, so I guess so. Jani-K seems important so when he frowned, you should tell what he looks like as well. The content is very good, however. I love the diffrences in the voices and that you can tell who's talking, kind of. The mentioning of the attacker and possibly the antagonist intruiges me, though. You didn't tell me you wrote more. I wish you would so I can read more.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Okay when Chihannah looked cooly, you should expand on that and tell us, the readers what that looks like or when Michael is frowning, what does he look like, or maybe they might not be important as of now. I can't tell, you've given them a name, so I guess so. Jani-K seems important so when he frowned, you should tell what he looks like as well. The content is very good, however. I love the diffrences in the voices and that you can tell who's talking, kind of. The mentioning of the attacker and possibly the antagonist intruiges me, though. You didn't tell me you wrote more. I wish you would so I can read more.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

whoa! that last part took me by surprise jani-k the sage?!O_O ok well i think it was good and cant wait for the nxt part....
*~MariluLUVSJo~*

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

293 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 7, 2009


Author

K.S. McClure
K.S. McClure

Almost the smallest town ever..., AR



About
"There is always beauty in simplicity" "A butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough." Kris McClureCreate Your Badge Hey, Kristen here. I've been a member for a while now, b.. more..

Writing
*Mask* *Mask*

A Story by K.S. McClure


Awaken Awaken

A Chapter by K.S. McClure



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lockdown Lockdown

A Chapter by K.S. McClure