So Much For Vacation...

So Much For Vacation...

A Chapter by K.S. McClure

Kelsey woke to the sound of wind blowing through the trees. She got out of bed and walked out the front door ofthe cabin. "What a beautiful, Arkansas morning!" she thought.

 

Chihanna had made her take a vacation. She said that Kelsey had been under a lot of stress.

 

Well, made her take a vacation wasn't exactly accurate. As soon as Chihanna had suggested she return to her home region, Kelsey had jumped at the chance to go.

 

She decided to go to the lodge and get some eggs and bacon for breakfast. She had neglected to get any food the night before.

 

She showered, dressed, and then walked to the lodge. What she saw when she caught sight of the TV stopped her in her tracks.

 

"Reports are continuosly coming in from all over the world. If I had not seen it for myself, I would never have believed it. Such things are only heard of in the supernatural world and fairy tales.

In Tokyo, Japan, a man was sean lifting a building out of the ground and onto his shoulders.

In New York City, a woman was seen walking around in the rain with a patch of sunshine around her... she didnt even get wet.

There have been various other incidents all over the globe. Earthquakes where certain people walked, those controling the weather, and even controling fire.

Is this just the next step in our evolution process, have the aliens finally come to destroy us, or is it something else entirely? More on this later."

 

 

 

Kelsey was furious. How dare the rebellion expose them to the world? Didnt they know of the repercussions of this type of thing? Hadn't history proved this was a bad idea? Take the Salem Witch Trials in 1692-93 for instance. Many innocent people were hanged, while the real perpetrators were never caught. Even today, in Africa, if they suspected you of "witchcraft", as the world would call it, it is not uncommon to be killed by a mob.

 

She was supposed to be having a break.

 

Chihanna had told her she must get some rest and had sent her to spend a week close to her old home. It had been so nice to feel the mountain air of the Ozarks, just like she had when Mariposa used to bring her here. The humidity was usually terrible in Arkansas, but it was nice today. The Ozark Mountains here had been her constant refuge as a child.

 

However, one trip to the state park's lodge completely changed her mood. She had caught sight of the television, and what she had seen on the news had infuriated her.

 

She turned around and went to the front desk. So much for her break. She had to get back to get back to the mountain quickly.

 

Kelsey checked out, not bothering about her stuff. She would send someone back for it. She found herslef a little niche at the back of the lodge and away she went.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After Kelsey's report, Chihanna started a different procedure. Only senior members of the retrieval squad could go out of the mountain, and even then they had to sign in and out of the mountain. This way, Chihanna could keep up with who was gone and when. It also served as a means of letting her know who the enemy had taken up as recruits if someone didnt come back.



© 2011 K.S. McClure


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

294 Views
Added on October 2, 2009
Last Updated on July 1, 2011
Previous Versions


Author

K.S. McClure
K.S. McClure

Almost the smallest town ever..., AR



About
"There is always beauty in simplicity" "A butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough." Kris McClureCreate Your Badge Hey, Kristen here. I've been a member for a while now, b.. more..

Writing
*Mask* *Mask*

A Story by K.S. McClure


Awaken Awaken

A Chapter by K.S. McClure