Fury

Fury

A Chapter by K.S. McClure

Previous Version
This is a previous version of Fury.



Kelsey stood there, staring. She couldn't believe what she was hearing...

"Reports are continuosly coming in from all over the world. If I had not seen it for myself, I would never have believed it. Such things are only heard of in the supernatural world and fairy tales.

In Tokyo, Japan, a man was sean lifting a building out of the ground and onto his shoulders.

In New York City, a woman was seen walking around in the rain with a patch of sunshine around her... she didnt even get wet.

There have been various other incidents all over the globe. Earthquakes where certain people walked, those controling the weather, and even controling fire.

Is this just the next step in our evolution process, have the aliens finally come to destroy us, or is it something else entirely? More on this later."

 

 

Kelsey was furious. How dare the rebellion expose them to the world? Didnt they know of the repercussions of this type of thing? Hadn't history proved this was a bad idea? Take the Salem Witch Trials in 1692-93 for instance. Many innocent people were hanged, while the real perpetrators were never caught. Even today, in Africa, if they suspected you of "witchcraft", as the world would call it, it is not uncommon to be killed by a mob.

 

She was supposed to be having a break. Chihanna had told her she must get some rest and had sent her to spend a week close to her old home. It had been so nice to feel the mountain air of the Ozarks, just like she had when Mairposa used to bring her here. The humidity was usually terrible in Arkansas, but it was nice today. The Ozark Mountains here had been her constant refuge as a child.

 

However, one trip into the lodge at the State Park completely changed her mood. She had caught sight of the television, and what she had seen on the news had infuriated her.

 

She turned around and went to the front desk. So much for her break. She had to get back to get back to the mountain quickly.

 

Kelsey checked out, not bothering about her stuff. She would send someone back for it. She found herslef a little niche at the back of the lodge and away she went.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After Kelsey's report, Chihanna started a different procedure. Only senior members of the retrival squad who go out of the mountain, and even then they had to sign in and out of the mountain. This way, Chihanna could keep up with who was gone and when. It also served as letting her know who the enemy had taken up as recruits if someone didnt come back. Thankfully, the senior members were strong-minded.

 

The new procedure angered some of the Fire but most were okay with it because they knew it was for their safety. However, they did not yet know, that it would be able to save their lives.



© 2009 K.S. McClure




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on October 2, 2009
Last Updated on October 4, 2009


Author

K.S. McClure
K.S. McClure

Almost the smallest town ever..., AR



About
"There is always beauty in simplicity" "A butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough." Kris McClureCreate Your Badge Hey, Kristen here. I've been a member for a while now, b.. more..

Writing
*Mask* *Mask*

A Story by K.S. McClure


Awaken Awaken

A Chapter by K.S. McClure