Enter: Mariposa

Enter: Mariposa

A Chapter by K.S. McClure
"

I already had this chapter written, but before I could save, my internet went down...... So I must start over.

"

 

Kelsey sat at the foot of the ase of the now calm Fire Flower. It had been weeks since the attack, and they still had so little information. The other divisions were ready to give up, and Chihanna was almost to that point as well. Kelsey was upset, to say the least. Kelsey was so lost in thought that she did not notice when someone sat down beside her.

 

"Well," said a voice. Kelsey jumped. "What has you so down?"

 

Kelsey turned to face the voice. The voice belonged to a woman, seemingly in her late twenties, with pale skin, dark brown, curly hair, an hazel eyes. She looked familiar,but Kelsey couldn't place where she had seen her.

 

"It's a shame you know," said the woman, " that you don't even recognize your own sister when she comes to visit."

 

Kelsey stared, confused. "But you look nothing like her."

 

"Dearest sister," said the woman, " alot of things can change in five years."

 

Kelsey was still suspicious. Even if she was Mariposa, she was still not to be trusted. After all, Mariposa's name was the only lead they had.

 

"Fine, dont believe me." Mariposa said when she saw Kelsey's eyes. "Its your loss. You can come willigly, or I can simply make you. Either way, you are goin to come with me."

 

"And where would I be going?" Kelsey asked, finally using her voice.

 

"Why, you would be joining the ranks of us revolutionaries. You see, we are quite tired of the way the Sages have been running things. We think the Ninabi would be better off if we made the rules." Mariposa answered.

 

"And what exactly would you do differently?"

 

"We would show the world who we are. We are tired of hiding in our mountains, or living like regular people outside in the real world. We want to be able to use our abilities when we choose, not just when no one is looking. We want to come out of hiding."

 

Kelsey was shocked. They called themselves revolutionaries,  and they were going to reveal to the world what the Ninabi people were? It was unheard of. And, it was very dangerous.

 

"Mari, you can't expect the population of the world to except us. They would try to kill us all. Human kind naturally fear what they do not understand."

 

"Ah, but we could make them understand." Mariposa said with a smile. "There are many in our ranks who have very high degress of control on their mental abilities. We will use these people, as well as the technology of today. All we have to do is have a few live webcasts, and a few live interviews. We can easily bend the world to our will."

 

"How will you know that will work?"

 

"We have done...experiments. Some on a larger scale than others, but we have done many."

 

"Kelsey!" someone shouted. "Where are you at?"

 

"Well, Kels," said Mariposa. "I was hoping to get you to join on your own, but I can see it is useless. I would make you, but it also seems we are about to be interupted. You can go ahead and tell the Sages by the way, it doesnt matter any ways."

 

With that, Mariposa was gone. Kelsey didn't even wait on the person who was looking for her. She went straight to Chihanna, and told her everything.

 

 



© 2009 K.S. McClure


Author's Note

K.S. McClure
Hm... you like?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aw man I jumped when I found out it was Mariposa or Mari. Aye, I see her intentions.

I would feel so creeped out. I think I would react the same way Kelsey did.

I liked it and will read on.

Sorry, I had internet problems myself so I couldn't read anything yesterday.

Posted 14 Years Ago


interesting....mari is bak MUWAHAHA lol good chappie keep goin cant wait to read more :D

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 16, 2009


Author

K.S. McClure
K.S. McClure

Almost the smallest town ever..., AR



About
"There is always beauty in simplicity" "A butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough." Kris McClureCreate Your Badge Hey, Kristen here. I've been a member for a while now, b.. more..

Writing
*Mask* *Mask*

A Story by K.S. McClure


Awaken Awaken

A Chapter by K.S. McClure



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lockdown Lockdown

A Chapter by K.S. McClure