The Festival  Pt.1

The Festival Pt.1

A Chapter by K.S. McClure

"Once a year, the Fire Mountain holds a festival to welcome all the new members of our division..." Kelsey could hear Chihanna explaining about the festival to the new arivals from her seat in on the mountain ledge. She herself was very excited. Two of her best friends would be coming this time to help with the entertainment. She always wondered why one of them was in the Wind division and the other in Lightning seeing as they were siblings. Its just went to show that sometimes the elemental ability was in a person's blood, and sometimes it wasnt.

Kelsey sat on the ledge thinking about how beautiful the view was. She was always captivated by the view of the volcanoe they called Fire Flower in all its glory. It wouldnt be too long now until it erupted again. That was okay though. There were many Fire Ninabi monitoring it at all times.

"How did I know I would find you here?" said a voice from behind her. She smiled. Marilu was a good friend of hers from the wind division. They had met when they were just children. Kelsey smiled.

"Probably because no one else knows this place has the best view and I like to be alone. Is your brother here yet?"

Marilu laughed. "He probably won't be here until right before the festival starts knowing him. I think he's currently at his girlfriends house." They both laughed at that. "He would never, ever turn down a chance to go to her house."

The two girls sat there chatting for a while until it came time to get ready, then they went their separate ways. Since Kelsey was not part of the entertainment group, she would wear her tradional clothes. However, Marilu had to wear something entirely different.

She put on her choli dress and went to the main hall of the mountain. She couldnt wait to see what would happen tonight.

 

 

 



© 2009 K.S. McClure


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Gee, I wonder what will happen that night. I would really like to read more.

Posted 14 Years Ago


:) yay im in it lol not a suprise tho LOL since i asked to b put in lol well i love it cant wait to read more

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like this piece. Marilu oughta feel honored t be in it. and yes, the choli works with the story line.
~PJ

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

278 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 1, 2009
Last Updated on July 1, 2009


Author

K.S. McClure
K.S. McClure

Almost the smallest town ever..., AR



About
"There is always beauty in simplicity" "A butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough." Kris McClureCreate Your Badge Hey, Kristen here. I've been a member for a while now, b.. more..

Writing
*Mask* *Mask*

A Story by K.S. McClure


Awaken Awaken

A Chapter by K.S. McClure



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lockdown Lockdown

A Chapter by K.S. McClure