Meeting at the Temple

Meeting at the Temple

A Chapter by K.S. McClure

Everything at the Fire Mountain had been rather hectic for the last few days. When Chihanna had found out the Jani-K was the new Earth Sage, she was quite shocked. Hardly ever did a Sage leave their mountain. Kelsey was still in shock as well. Jani-K was like a sister to her. Whenever they were in the outside world, they often posed as sisters. They looked somewhat alike. Both with blue eyes and dirty blonde hair. They acted the same as well. Both girls were fun-loving people and loved to socialize, but they also liked to be alone. They knew how to balance their lives.

 

Kelsey was worried though. She knew that Jani-K was having a hard time adjusting to the fact that she was indeed in charge of the Earth Division, a long with dealing with the death of her good friend, the former Earth Sage Gavin. Plus the added stress that she was comming into power, not in a peaceful time, but soon after an attack and everyone was looking to her for guidance, and she didnt know what to do!

 

However, Kelsey knew Jani-K could handle it. She was a strong, young woman. Kelsey also knew that her time would soon come when she was to be the Sage. For she, unbeknownst to the rest of the Fire Ninabi, was Chihanna's chosen succesor.

 

That morning, Kelsey, Chihanna, and Jani-K left for the Temple. The meeting place for when times were troubled. However, they usually only went there only once a year for the reports on the other mountains. This was an emergency, though.

 

When they arrived they took their places at the council table, and awaited the arrival of the other Sages and their apprentices.

 

 

 

 

 

Five hours after their arrival, Kelsey was already yawning. She hated the way most of the Sages liked to deliberate so much. Making any decisions always took forever, especially this decision. Kelsey and Sage Jani-K had already related their stories multiple times, and she had the nagging feeling that they were going to have to tell the story yet again before any decision was made, possibly more than once. Kelsey looked around the table at all the Sages. There was, of course, Sages Chihanna and Jani-K. There were also Water Sage Marquis, Wind Sage Jakeb, and then the Lightning Sage Annadryia. They all sat debating with stoic faces. Annadryia, Chihanna, and Jani-K all thought that something must be done about the attacks, but Jakeb and Marquis were under the impression that there was no need as the mountains' defensenses were enough to keep them safe.

 

She was brought back to the present conversation when someone addressed her. "Kelsey, what do you think we should do. As the upcoming Fire Sage, I'm sure you have your opinion." Kelsey looked to see who had spoken, only to find that it was Annadryia.

 

She thought about her words carefully for a moment before she spoke. "I believe that even though we can's sit idly waiting for them to attack us, we also can't go blindly attacking them. I think the best possible action would be to send a few teams out for reconnaissance and see what we can find out about the enemy first. Then, after we retrieve enough information, we can then decide our next action."

 

There were murmurs of agreement throughout the room. Chihanna leaned over and whispered in her ear, "That was very well done." Kelsey nodded, but stayed silent.

 

"Very well then." Said Sage Jakeb. "We will do as you suggested. When we find anything we should report it to each other immediatley, then when the time is right, we will decide our next move."

 

"Then I think the meeting is over," replied Marquis. "I will head back to the Water Mountain."

 

With that he was gone, and everyone else soon followed his example.



© 2009 K.S. McClure


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sweet! I get to be a sage! LoL. I love this storyline, very very interesting. I can't wait to read more.
~PJ

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like the cunning way you introduced the description of both Jani-K and Kelsey. That was pretty cool, now I know what they look like. I love their relationship. I am interested in knowing the attackers. ALso, you should've probably stated some details on the temple. You know what, that doesn't even quite matter, this is pretty darn good, and I am intrested in reading more:).

Posted 14 Years Ago


i liked this chapt.....idk tho dnt u think the meeting went by rly fast?....just a thought....neways good job cant wait for more!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

311 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 8, 2009
Last Updated on July 8, 2009


Author

K.S. McClure
K.S. McClure

Almost the smallest town ever..., AR



About
"There is always beauty in simplicity" "A butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough." Kris McClureCreate Your Badge Hey, Kristen here. I've been a member for a while now, b.. more..

Writing
*Mask* *Mask*

A Story by K.S. McClure


Awaken Awaken

A Chapter by K.S. McClure