Dreams

Dreams

A Chapter by K.S. McClure

Kelsey awoke the next day. Another weird dream, she thought. Lately she had been having these odd dreams. She would dream about a baby being born, and then hear a name. There had only been three of these such dreams, but one of them kept repeating itself over and over. The first two dreams were about a boy and a girl, twins. The boy's name was James and the girl's was Jennifer. The one that kept repeating itself though was about a baby girl named Aurame. For some reason she couldn't quite fathom, Derek was always in this dream as well. Kelsey couldnt shake the feeling that there was something special about these dreams. So she decided to ask Chihanna.

 

However, Chihanna was still asleep in her room, and Kelsey didnt want to wake her after her exhausting trip. So, she went to find Derek. It had been a while since she had hung out with him, and he was probably feeling left out.

 

She found him in the great hall, sitting on of the rafters in the ceiling. She briefly wondered how on earth he had gotten up there seeing as they were so high up, when she saw how. He had tied a knot on to his sword, then swung it up and into the rafters. He had then climbed up, and pulled the rope up with him. She decided to go up there as well, but she had her own methods. She simply "traveled" up there using her element.

 

"Enjoying the view?" she asked him, while seating herself next to him.

 

Derek smiled. "Its amazing the things people do when they think no ones watching. They pick their noses, fix wedgies, and all sorts of funny things. Its very entertaining."

 

Kelsey laughed. "I see you've found a way to keep yourself occupied. Its no fun being cooped up inside. I feel cramped."

 

"Well, at least you have something to do. Its important to keep things running smoothly while Chihanna's away. By the way, when is she supposed to be coming back? I need to talk to her."

 

"She got back late last night. She's sleeping right now though. I needed to talk to her myself about some strange dreams I've been having."

 

Derek smiled when he heard this. "I needed to talk to her about a dream myself. Only mine is just the same one over and over. Nothing new. I supposed it must be important."

 

"You're probably right. If a dream repeats more than once, its said to be important." Kelsey sat with him for a while longer before going to find Chihanna.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chihanna opened the door just as Kelsey raised her hand to knock.

 

"Come in, I figured you'd be by again today. Anthing new in your world?" Chihanna asked Kelsey.

 

"Yeah, actually." Kelsey began. "I've been having these weird dreams."

 

Chihanna's smile faded when Kelsey said that. "Please continue."

 

The first dream was about a baby boy whos name was James Lafinten. The next was about a baby girl, Jennifer Lafinten. But the third dream has been repeating for the last few days, and it makes me feel like its important."

 

Kelsey watched Chihanna scribble the names James & Jennifer Lafinten on to a scrap of paper and stick it in her pocket. "Well, dont keep me waiting. What was the other dream about?"

 

"Its was about a baby girl named Aurame, and also Derek. Derek was in the dream to. I cant shake the feeling that there is something important about this particular dream. It just keeps repeating."

 

Kelsey watched as Chihanna's normally happy face became even sadder. "I see," she said. "Has Derek had any unusual dreams lately?"

 

"He told me earlier he had, but didnt say what about. He said he was going to ask you about them."

 

"I see. Send Derek to me immediatley."

 

Kelsey went to find Derek, wondering what had Chihanna down all of a sudden.

 



© 2009 K.S. McClure


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good!! I love this book so far!! I will get to work on mine as soon as I get some ideas.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
1 Review
Added on August 9, 2009


Author

K.S. McClure
K.S. McClure

Almost the smallest town ever..., AR



About
"There is always beauty in simplicity" "A butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough." Kris McClureCreate Your Badge Hey, Kristen here. I've been a member for a while now, b.. more..

Writing
*Mask* *Mask*

A Story by K.S. McClure


Awaken Awaken

A Chapter by K.S. McClure