Yogurt is Gross

Yogurt is Gross

A Chapter by Jennifer
"

Torture method.

"

     From elementary school to high school, I have been on every medication. I cannot remember what types of anti-depressants I was on, but I think I was on everything from Prozac to Zoloft. I was not completely aware of the reason. I do not remember if I ever agreed.

     I remember that the school nurse became involved with the ordeal. I would take one medication, it would stop. I would take one medication, there would be something similar to a book review and the medication would stop again.

     What is the medication doing now? Making her wet the bed. Change the medication. What is the medication doing now? It is making it difficult for her to salivate to swallow more pills. Let's change it again, how about now? It turned her into an insomniac and she is walking in her sleep.

     After some time, I got fed up with it. Every single day, I was taking pills. Why was I taking pills? White, round, oval, pink, blue and yellow pills. A mosiac of confusion and no explanation.

     After dinner, I was taking a pill. If we changed, the pills were in the morning before going to school. The point I got tired of taking pills was when my mom was buying food to put the pills in to make it more pleasant.

     The type of food that was used was none other than yogurt. Yogurt every single time. Yogurt in every single flavor and shade. Plain, strawberry, banana, blueberries, and more yogurt than I could possbly imagine.

     I hated every moment of it. There was nothing pleasant about yogurt or taking pills. I wanted it to stop. The yogurt had a bitter taste. It tasted like cleaning products. It smelled like cleaning products. I could still taste the powder of the pills. This made it that much worse because the powder in pills is disgusting.

     Eventually, my parents stopped using yogurt. I really cannot remember when it did stop. I know the medication eventually ended by the time I was 13.

     When I was 13, my parents ended their relationship. When it comes to divorce, parents fight for the attention of their children. Your parents will give you whatever you want. The concept is easy to grasp, escpecially when there is something you really want.

     I took advantage of the situation and I desired to stop taking medication. I became the advocate against doctors and medication when I was a young teen. The only thing I believed was that they were full of it. All people did was lie to me or did not give me an answer.

     I felt like I was an experiment project. It was though I was being abused in a subtle manner. At a young age, I was in control of my life and I was not taking anymore s**t from anyone. I created these walls. I developed new bad habits from all of the drama.



© 2013 Jennifer


Author's Note

Jennifer
One chapter of the survival guide.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. my younger spawn now 17 was diagnosed with ODD and it was thought he was bipolar. We had him on Ritalin for about two years, then they suggested Depakote and we said not no but hell no. He is medication free. This is a gripping story so far

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jennifer

10 Years Ago

Sorry to hear about the medication situation. :( I can understand if a child really has issues. I ha.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 25, 2013
Last Updated on May 31, 2013
Previous Versions


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer