(*chapter one*)

(*chapter one*)

A Chapter by LynLee

Chapter 1

The day started out normal. Just like every other day. I would go to my locker, grab my books and anything else I needed and go meet my best friend. I would always meet him at our tree, where we first met. It was ninth grade orientation and I was new to everything, after all I'd just moved there. I went for some shade, because it was like the hottest day of summer and I needed to cool down. That was where I met him. Sitting on the other side of the tree. We talked all day and I missed the tour, so he gave me a personal one because his mom worked there. It was really cool being able to play with the trap-door in the play auditorium. But this day, everything felt different. It felt like I was being watched. Like something is going to jump out and grab me. When I got to the tree I felt a lot more secure. Mostly becuase Jet, My best friend, was HUGE. I don't mean like fat, I mean muscular. He doesn't play any sports, he's just like a workout freak! He works out like five hours a day with no breaks.

One day I went with him to the gym and he wouldn't let me rest until I got up to fifty miles on the tread-mill. I got him out of that by slapping him silly on the head.

Anyway, back to the feeling. I don't know, I felt scared. Like I should run home now, but I didn't becuase Jet was right there with a big smile on his face.

"Why are you so smiley?"

"Oh, just because." smiling even bigger.

It was odd because when I went to hug him, it was like he was about to kiss me. Weird, huh. I started frowning and looking around us. He knew something was up.

"What are you looking for?"

"Huh?" regaining my mind again, "Oh, nothing."

I stopped looking around, but swore to have heard a noise in the bushes. Like a really big twig snapping.

"Did you hear that?" I said, probably with a lot of fright in my voice. I turned to Jet to see him just looking at me.

"Did you?" I said again.

"Uh, ya. Probably just a rabbit or something." He said while turning his face away.

Suddenly we heard the bell ring and then I started panicking. I had never been late to class.

Ever.

I wanted the teachers to like me, unlike my other school, but not be a total teachers pet. I grabbed Jet's hand and ran to the school. I finally got to my room and ran in yelling, "NO!"

I was late.

Everyone turned to look at me, espiacally the teacher, giving me one of those, "Why are you disrupting the class?", looks.

"Okay Maggie. Let's just go sit down." Jet pulled me by my shoulders into my chair and the teacher continued in his lesson.

It wasn't long until I drifted into sleep. I was known for sleeping in my classes. People said I was going to be voted 'Class Sleeper." I always smiled and walked away. The only class I didn't fall asleep in was Mythology and Folklore. It was definetly the most interesting class ever. I don't see how anybody could ever fall asleep in it. Our teacher, Mr. Lore, taught a new lesson every week. One week it'll be about where the Three Little Pigs came from, the next he'll be teaching us how to kill a vampire. He always suprised us.

I was happy becuase it was Monday, so that meant a new lesson and it was fourth period, so it's time for his class. I walked into the room with a big smile on my face, but it quickly faded when I saw a gun. "Ah, you noticed my gun?"

I turned around to see Mr.Lore standing behing me, "Uh, yeah."

Choking back a bit, "What's it for?"

"You'll see."

I ran to my chair and was happy to see that Jet had beat me to it. I grabbed his arm and just cradled into it. Feeling safe and warm with him made me feel better.

"What's wrong Maggie?"

I didn't answer. I just kept my face in his arm. Then Mr.Lore started his lesson.

"Okay class. Today were learning about werewolves!"

There were some cheers and some moans.

"Why did I just hear some moans?" Mr.Lore started staring around the room when Ron, a smart kip from chemistry said, "Don't tell us your going to show us a poster of Taylor Lautner in a New Moon poster and say, "Don't shoot this werewolf!" Everyone started laughing, except me.

"No, Ron. I will not show you a poster of whoever your talking about from whatever your talking about. No, today were going to learn about how to kill a werewolf." Ohhs and ahhs went up in the room. When I heard the sound of the gun coming off the table I dug my face deeper into Jet's arm.

"Oh.", I heard Jet whisper, "Now I see why your scared."

I looked up into his face and made almost a whimpering noise. Then I dug my face back into his arm.

"Mr.Lore?"
"Yes Jet?"

"I think Maggie is sick. Can I take her to the clinic?"

"Well I guess so. Put your head up Maggie."

I pushed my head up, but came right back down to see the gun right by his side pointing at us.

"Oh, yes. She looks rather pale. Take her to the clinic for some laying down. And stay with her, just in case."

I heard him put the gun down and write a pass to Jet, but I still didn't lift my head from his arm.

"Thank you." Then we headed out the door.

Jet took me straight to the clinic. When the nurse saw me, she took me right to a bed. No one else was in there but me, Jet and water. Jet pulled up a chair and felt my head. "Wow, this is worse than normal. Is there something else on your mind?"

I got that feeling again. That feeling of being watched. I turned on my side to look at Jet. I put my hand to his face. Feeling his broad chin, his perfect cheeks, then falling right to sleep. Only to wake up to Jet's face and screams.



© 2010 LynLee


Author's Note

LynLee
im giving yal a preview of the book, if you want even more chapters then you MUST tell me, then i'll MAYBE post more, but if i dont get a lot then you will have to wait until i finish it. If i get ten notes saying you want it released then i will release a new chapter every friday. if i get more than ten then i will post one every day. thank

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm not a bg twilight saga fan, but this is acually pretty good. I'll look forward to reading more.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, I love the ending of this chapter. Leaves you just waiting to read more. I would definitely love to read the next chapter. Nicely written so far. I see a lot of improvement in your writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is a good start, kind of like a prologue. almost like there needs to be more of an introduction before you jump right into the action...
i like the Twilight reference, and the teacher's ignorance to it lol. Taylor sure is cute, but not quite my kind of werewolf.
on the subject of Twilight, this is a bit like the nurse scene when Mike takes her to the infirmary. you might want to watch out for that, being so similar i mean.
i also like the style and voice in the story. there could be a few breaks between paragraphs, and a slightly more colorful vocabulary. also, there were a few choppy sentences or sentences that could have been worded differently.
but this is definitely a really good start. youll probably go back a hundred times to revise and edit; i know i have, which is why most of my stuff is unpublished lol.
this is good. cant wait to finish it :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

295 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 30, 2010
Last Updated on June 30, 2010


Author

LynLee
LynLee

Where I am free, VA



About
Hola, me llamo LynLee. De donde es Earth. Me cumpleanos es Noviembre 24. Me gusta es escribir. Sorry had to practice my spanish somewhere. I'm LynLee. I'm fourteen and I am a writer. My best frien.. more..

Writing
Believe Believe

A Poem by LynLee


Dark sunset Dark sunset

A Poem by LynLee