(*Chapter 13*)

(*Chapter 13*)

A Chapter by LynLee

Chapter 13

We were in the car of silence for almost an hour. I decided to break the silence with a question. "Do you know where were going?" She looked back at me. "No." She looked down as if in shame. I started thinking of places we could go. We could do research in the library, or maybe watch a movie about them, but there mostly fake. I looked out the window trying to get an idea of where to go. I saw a McDonalds sign, a Chik-Fil-A sign. Then I saw one that made me spring up. It was a sign that had a scene from the Wizard of Oz, she had just woken up and had all her uncles and aunts around her. Then it had the words, "There's no place like home." In big red letters, on the bottom it said, "Keep it safe with our home security system." But that wasn't important.

"I know where we should go." Claudia turned towards me with an expression of excitement.

***********************************************************

We got to Jack's house around five. We must have been out of the state or something. I walked up onto the front porch. I knocked on the front it and it started to open. I turned to Claudia, but she was already walking in. "Claudia!" I said, whispering. "Do you not watch scary movies!"

"Oh what ever. My life is scarier than Friday the Thirteenth." Gosh, when was the last time she watched a horror movie, 1980?

She was getting really far into the house and she motioned me to come in. I looked around, making sure no one was watching. I stepped into the house. I looked around, in the living room, the kitchen, no one was home. "Claudia. I think we should," Then Claudia stepped out of a room holding a huge rifel. "Rambo has left the building! And his guns." She started toying with it and I ducked behind the couch. I'm taking no chances with her and a gun. "Uh, Maggie. What cha' doing?" I was a wimp when it came to guns. The only other person knowing why was Jet. "Put the gun away and I'll come out." I looked up and saw her go back into the room. She came back out and I ducked again. "Okay, it's gone." I looked up and saw her waving her hands around. I stood back off, dusting the dust off of me. "What was up with that?" I walked to where she was standing and looked into the doorway she had walked in and out of. "What is this?" I said, trying to change the subject. "This would be a study." She walked right past me and started showing her hands like one of those models on a game show. "I'll take "I want my boyfriend back" Jerry.", I thought. I started walking around. There were three huge bookcases filled with old books. I started to look at the titles on the sides of them while Claudia checked out the gun again. "Don't even think about it." I said without even lifting my head. She backed up from the gun with her hands up, like if she touched it a bomb would go off. "So what are the books about?" She asked. I scanned all the shelves until I noticed that each bookcase was a different creature. "There all on a different breed."

"What does that mean?" She looked at the book titles, still confused.

"This bookcase," I said pointing to bookcase number one, "is on werewolves."

"Of course, you guys are first." Ignoring that I moved to the next one.

"And this one is on vampires." I saw a smile creep across her face. She started towards it and I moved on. "And the last one is on,"

"Lykans." Claudia said finishing my sentence. I nodded my head and we both dived into the bookshleves.

I didn't know what Claudia was looking for, but I looked for anything that had to do with Lykan gangs, or a court they had. Like a King or Queen. I found two books on gangs and three on the history and ruling of them. I walked over to the big desk in the middle of the study. I dumped the incredibly old books and squatted the dust out of my face. Claudia joined me with almost ten books.

After we both stopped waving the dust out of both our faces we looked at each other's selections. "History of the ruling. Sounds boring." Claudia looked at the rest of my titles and I noticed what all of hers were about. "How to kill a Lykan with extreme pain.? Well it's good to know that I can hide behind you while you fight." She looked at and was about to say something sarcastic, but I got in first. "We should get reading." I took my books and stretched on the couch. Claudia sat in the chair at the desk. She layed out the book I talked about and I started with, "How the Lykans rule." It was kinda interesting, but then it got boring. I decided to check out another one. I picked up "History of the ruling" This one was more interesting.

I looked back to Claudia and saw she was playing with a magnifying glass. I walked over and saw her examining a picture. It showed a really hairy guy getting bitten by a vampire. I guess that's what it was. "This is Vlacre. He was a really powerful Lykan. And the dude biting him is Scept, he was an extremly powerful vampire. There fighting over a girl. She looked up and flipped her hair sarcasticlly. I laughed and looked back at the picture. "Who won?" She started flipping some pages and pointed her finger to a name.

"Scept won." She said. I looked at the paragraph she was pointing at. "Scept was supreme in getting Elizabeth. He was able to kill Vlacre." Then it got into details on how he killed him and I walked away. "Okay then." I walked back to my spot and Claudia went back to magnifying the picture.



© 2010 LynLee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
Added on November 23, 2010
Last Updated on November 23, 2010


Author

LynLee
LynLee

Where I am free, VA



About
Hola, me llamo LynLee. De donde es Earth. Me cumpleanos es Noviembre 24. Me gusta es escribir. Sorry had to practice my spanish somewhere. I'm LynLee. I'm fourteen and I am a writer. My best frien.. more..

Writing
Believe Believe

A Poem by LynLee


Dark sunset Dark sunset

A Poem by LynLee