(*Chapter 2*)

(*Chapter 2*)

A Chapter by LynLee

Chapter 2

Jet was screaming and shaking me. "Maggie wake up! WAKE UP!!!"

I woke up with my eyelids still droopy. "What's wrong?"

Then I heard the screams. "What.....What's going on?!" I stood up straight in bed. Then I pulled my legs over and reached for my bag. Jet kept looking at me, almost with worry. "Why are people screaming?" I saw people in the hall screaming and running. The nurse was in the hall yelling "Slow down!" and "Don't run in the hall!" Then the announcements came on.

"Kids please come to the auditorium now for the assembly and the announcing of prom queen and king candidates."

I suddenly burst out that door and started running with all the other kids. It took Jet a while to catch up. When he finally did I was already sitting in the stands. I put my bag next to me to save a spot for him. When he was looking for me I waved my hands wildly for him to see me. He finally caught sight of me and came over. It was hard for him to get through all the people. He almost hit one kid in the face. When he finally sat down, it looked like he was sweating and he started apologizing to people.

When the princeable was sure everyone was settled down he started the speech.

"As you all know the prom in is about two weeks,"

"WHOOOOO!" shouted some kids from the senior part.

", Ahh, yes. Um where was I?........ Oh yes, the prom is in about two weeks and we need to tell you who prom queen is!,"

"Whooooo!" girls everywhere did that.

", Okay then, but first we must know who is running!"

I turned to Jet. "I seriously wish we could just leave after this."

"Then why did you run here?" I turned away away thinking, "Why did I run here?"

"Oh, because I needed to see if Stephanie was one of the girls." He turned and nodded.

I have hated Stephanie since the third grade. She was always trying to beat me at everything. I always tried my best, but she was always better. I just gave up and went to ignoring her, but will never forget the things she did to me. Like one time she locked me in the girls bathroom and then when I finally got out she made all the pipes burst and yelled to the whole school, "Wow! It's a good thing you weren't in there any longer!" Everyone laughed except Jet. That's why he's, like, my only friend.

The princable started again, "Okay, let's get to the nominations." He started to open up an envelope and everyone held there breath. "The first girl for prom queen is........ Victoria Maiden!"

She walked up onto stage with a big smile on her face. I was happy for her, we aren't the best of friends, but atleast she isn't Stephanie. "Okay, okay. Let's move on. The next girl is....... Stephanie Cores!" She got up from her spot as if she didn't know that she was going to be called. Her face was red and her mouth was wide open. Cheering from the football team and other boys went up everywhere. I saw Jet was about to clap, so I slapped his arm.

"Oww."

I gave him a bad glare.

"Okay, okay." I turned back to the princable opening the last envelope. "Okay, now the last candidate is........" I heard every breath in the room go in.

"Maggie Fews!!!"

WHAT!!! How did I get picked. I turned to Jet and gave him my "HUH?" expression. He stood up and put his hand out.

"Consider this a thank-you." I looked at him like he was insane.

I took his hand and he walked me up there. While we were walking I was talking. "You did this? You nominated me? But why?!"

He turned and smiled. "Because I think you deserve to be prom queen." I only looked at him like he was crazy. I walked up onto stage. I had to stand next to Stephanie. She only smiled at me. Trying to keep the "good girl" act. I only smiled back, only mine was more sarcastic.

"Let's give a round of applause to these girls!" Everyone started cheering and clapping. It was kind- of cool. They let us sit in chairs so that they can announce the prom king nominations. I was sitting down and looking out the windows. They had probably just cleaned them, because they were extremly clear. I kept staring at the woods and all the birds, when I saw a huge shadow. I kept looking, trying to look closer and closer, when I saw something come out of the bushes. It was huge. It's eyes were glowing red. As if fire was burning in them. It had paws as big as a dining room tables. It's teeth were the scariest part. They were huge fangs and probably sharp as a nail. Nobody will be saying "It's bark is worse than it's bite." But the thing that got me was the fact it was staring directly at me.....................and it was moving closer to the school.



© 2010 LynLee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on November 23, 2010
Last Updated on November 23, 2010


Author

LynLee
LynLee

Where I am free, VA



About
Hola, me llamo LynLee. De donde es Earth. Me cumpleanos es Noviembre 24. Me gusta es escribir. Sorry had to practice my spanish somewhere. I'm LynLee. I'm fourteen and I am a writer. My best frien.. more..

Writing
Believe Believe

A Poem by LynLee


Dark sunset Dark sunset

A Poem by LynLee