(*Chapter 8*)

(*Chapter 8*)

A Chapter by LynLee

Chapter 8

I ended up walking to the front of the hostpital. I sat on a bench that really needed cleaning. I opened my phone. No bars. "Of course."

"Is something wrong?" I turned around to a nurse. It was the one that had delivered the breakfast.

"Uh, no. I was just thinking."

"About how you can get home?" She moved closer. She was wearing the normal white uniform, but I didn't see her shivering. I was wearing a long sleeve shirt with tight skinny jeans and a puffy jacket and I was still freezing. "Does everyone here read minds?" I said trying to laugh. She moved beside me and I moved over. She grabbed the spot on the bench.

"No. Only Dr.Cliffs. I'm just able to read people a lot better, and I see you have suitcases." She looked down at the big suitcase at my feet. I started to wonder why it was so big. No point in opening it now. "Oh, should have thought of that." I looked at her, but she was looking into the woods. As if something was coming. "Is something wrong?"

She turned back to me. She looked like she was going to cry. Her eyes turning a bright blue. "I've never been outside the hostpital's grounds."

I looked back at her. "What do you mean?" I pulled my legs onto the bench. I had a feeling there was a story coming.

"I came here when I was a little girl. I was like you, only younger. I had been scratched. By Dr.Cliffs," Did not see that coming. "He didn't mean too. He was on a hunt. He thought I was deer. He said he was in the sun too much, that he had been hunting for hours and caught nothing." Tears were swelling in her eyes now. Dripping down her face. "I came here. He adopted me, but said it would be to risky to leave. So now, here you are. The same thing as I was and you get to leave." She stood up again. This time she didn't do anything. Just walked away. I looked back and she was gone. I started to think I was going insane. Or maybe I was starting to change. "What should I do? Should I tell Dr.Cliffs?" I was talking to myself, loudly. I was rambling on and on when a phone call came. It was Jet. I answered immediatly.

"Hello?"

"Mags! So good to know your okay! You are okay, are you?"

"Yeah of course I am."

"Oh good. Whew. So where are you?"

"WHy don't you come find out. I'm at the hostpital."

"Oh which one?"

I turned around and looked up. There wasn't a sign anywhere, and probably in the middle of the woods. I heard cars in the distance so I figured the highway.

"Mags?"

"Uh, ya. I'm on the highway. Just pick me up there."

"Uh, okay." and he hung up.

*************************************************************

It wasn't a long walk to the road. "Thank god it's the highway." And it was only about five minutes away from my town. I waited in the dirt until I saw Jet's car. He pulled over And I ran up to it. Instead of me getting in, he came out. "Maggie I'm so happy your alright." He put me in his huge arm and pretty much hugged me until I was about to pop. "Sorry."

"That's okay." I said brushing some dirt off me.

"Where have you been? You've had me worried sick."

"Really? WHy?" Wow, he's never done that. The only time he waas "worried sick" was when his girlfriend was ina car accident.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Now it hits me. He might like me. Jet, might like me! My best friend!

"Well, becuase your my best friend. Why shouldn't I?" He took my hands and started to bend down. "Jet we can't do this. We've been friends too long."

"Yah, a little too long." He bent down again.

"Seriously Jet. Stop." I back away. Falling back on my butt.

"Come on sweety. Get up." Sweety? I am not his sweety. He started to walk back over. I got up as fast as I could. He started coming closer. I ran back into the woods. I was running as fast as I could. I had tried out for track, but I'm not a distance runner. I started getting closer to the hostpital, only when I got there, it wasn't there. Only a huge clearing. I stopped in my tracks. "WHat?" I could hear Jet's voice. He was closer. I heard twigs snap beneath his feet.

I ran. I ran faster. I started thinking about the hostpital. I thought about Dr.Cliffs, I thought about the nurse, I thought about my room and I thought about Jack.

I stopped. I was at a dead end. The rushing river water and the woods. Either jump or go back to Jet. All I could think was "Why him? Why is he all of a sudden like this? I've never seen him like this?" Then I heard a twig snap. "Maggie. Come out. We should talk and sit down." He was so close I could smell his cologne. I looked around. I panicked. I fell, crying. My hands were covered in dirt and now my tears. I heard a twig snap and soon his hand, but where was the cologne? Soon enough I looked up to see I was being carried by Jack. He smiled down at me and he ran back into the woods with me in his arms.(including my suitcases) I closed my eyes into his shirt. "He's in there." I whispered.

"Not when I'm around." He ran faster. The wind was whipping my hair around crazy. Maybe it will be fun to be a werewolf. Or will it be different for me? Great more questions.

I was almost asleep when I felt cold air. I was still warm, in his arms. Soon I felt him putting me down. I looked back up and saw my room. No not my hostpital room, my real room. My bed with my quilt. My purple walls with blue dots. Pictures and pictures. I was home. I saw Jack sitting down on my bed. He was sweating. I ran into my bathroom and got a towel and a glass of cold water. "Here, cool down." He took the towel and wrapped it around his neck, then gulped down the water. He put the glass on the floor and just sat there. He wiped his head and his neck. I sat down next to him on my bed. He looked back over, still breathing really hard, "Are you okay? I saw what that jerk was trying to do to you. I had to do something..."

"It's okay. I'll let him know were not friends anymore." He smiled back.

All I could do was look down at my hands. "Is something wrong? Did he do something to you? Something I didn't see?"

"No, it's just, he's been my best friend since freshman year. I don't understand. That's all." I looked back up. I walked over to my favorite picture of me and Jet. I took it out of the frame and put it in the trash can. "Well I feel a little better." I turned back to Jack. He had stood up and walked into my bathroom. He got more water and came out again. "Ahh. So refreshing." I smiled and looked back out my window. I saw that my parents weren't here. I figured they were at work. I wonder if they worried about me? "Well I guess I should head back to the hostpital. Dr.Cliffs said I will probably get out tomorrow. I should get out today, but they have to make sure im under control."

"I think your pretty under control." I stroked his arm and he hugged me. It felt good in his arms. They were buff, but I figured it's becuase he's a werewolf. "Well I should go." He leaned down to kiss me, but back away.

"I'm sure it's to soon and were not even dating. I'll....."

"No," I threw my arms around his, "It's fine and......." I paused. I've never asked a guuy to date before, "Why don't we start?" He looked at me with excitement. I'm sure I had it too. He bent down again and kissed me. Lips to lips. All I felt was pure bliss, until he pulled away. He smiled and as he slipped out the window my hand slid out of his. Soon he was out of sight. He was still in the street. I yelled out,"I have a front door!" He turned around and waved bye. I waved back, with the happiest expression ever.



© 2010 LynLee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
Added on November 23, 2010
Last Updated on November 23, 2010


Author

LynLee
LynLee

Where I am free, VA



About
Hola, me llamo LynLee. De donde es Earth. Me cumpleanos es Noviembre 24. Me gusta es escribir. Sorry had to practice my spanish somewhere. I'm LynLee. I'm fourteen and I am a writer. My best frien.. more..

Writing
Believe Believe

A Poem by LynLee


Dark sunset Dark sunset

A Poem by LynLee