(*CHapter 7*)

(*CHapter 7*)

A Chapter by LynLee

Chapter 7

The nurse came in with a hot steamy plate of food. Eggs, bacon, tater tots, you name it, it was on there. She came over and opened my curtains. "Rise and shine." She came over and out the food tray in front of me then put the plate on it. I sat up and dug in. Now that I think of it, I couldn't remember if I'd ate in days. I hadn't really thought of it, but I don't think I ever did. "That's becuase your changing." Dr.Cliffs was standing by the door with another clipboard. "You know," saying with my mouth full of food," I'm getting annoyed of that whole mind reading thing." He smiled and walked to my bed. He switched out the clipboards and when I leaned over to look there was nothing on it. He took a seat in one of the guest chairs. "So, how's the breakfast?" I tried to swallow the food fast. I didn't want to be rude. Again.

"Delicious!" I scarfed down another egg. "Um, why isn't there anything on my clipboard? Do I have some invisable disease or something?" He laughed, but I didn't. I seriously thought I did.

"No, your just ready to leave." In the back of my mind I was yelling "YAY!" But then he just said I was changing. "But you said I was changing? That was why I haven't ate." He took a big breath. I was starting to get annoyed by those. They always made me nervous. "Well, yes. You are changing, but we believe that you will change very slowly. I mean very, very slowly."

I thought and thought with every word he said. "But what if something goes wrong? Then what? I can't go to another hostpital and say "Hey I'm changing into a werewolf. Help me." I smiled in the back of my mind, but he wasn't.

"Well, another yes. You can't do that. You will simply have to come straight to us if you start to have any problems."

"But, how will I find the hostpital? I don't know how I got here." He reached for his pocket and pulled out a cell phone. My cell phone.

"Hey! That's mine." He threw it onto the bed and I opened i quickly. "Fourteen messages." The creepy, robotic ladie's voice said. I really need to turn that off. I looked at the messages, all from Jet. All of them saying something like, "Hey where r u?" or "R U comin back 2 scool?" I went back to the main screen. "February 17, 2010"

"How could I have only been out for three days?"

"That was in the power of us." Dr.Cliffs was smiling out the window. A few nurses were crossing the yard. Arms intwined and giggling to themselves.

"Eh hem?" Dr.Cliffs looked back at me again.

"Oh, you need your stuff. I will send a nurse to get it." I heard my door re-opening. "I think someone else wants to see you." He pointed to Jack in the doorway. He was in a wheelchair and he was rolling it himself. "I'll let ya'll catch up. He walked past him in the doorway and he rolled over to me. He settled right in beside me. I had just finished my gigantic breakfast, so I put it on the night table. He put the brakes on and tried to stand up. He sat right on the bed. I pushed myself over. "Uh, ok." I thought.

"Oh, my butt feels so much better." He smiled and looked up at me. I was laughing and smiling away from him. He started laughing too. "They've had me in that wheelchair day and night. The bed feels so much better." I looked at him, still laughing," Oh, well I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I'm the one that's sorry. I snapped at you when I shouldn't have......." I cut him off.

"No, Dr.Cliffs told me you didn't have control yet. It's not your fault, it's mine. I touched you and I sent things flying." I was about to touch his arm, but decided not too.

He must have noticed, "It's okay. I have everything under control now. See try it." He held out his arm and smiled. He shaked it and said, "Go on, it won't bite, but I might." He laughed, but I onyl stared at him. No laugh, no smile, just the thought of pushing him off my bed. He still held out his arm, so I touched it. I drew my finger back fast. He only smiled and still held it out. I touched it again, only holding on to it. It was warm. I wrapped my fingers around it. I felt some scars. "I got those playing sports and in the woods. I was a clumsy kid." He smiled again. I laughed. He smiled a lot. It was almost creepy, but gave me a warm feeling. I let go of his arm and he dropped it. "So I heard your changing." I started to move around.

"Uh, ya. I guess that's cool?" He looked at me suprised. "WHat?"

"I guess that's cool? It's awesome! You get to run really fast and change into a huge wolf! Uh, ya that's pretty awesome!!!" He was sounding almost like a little kid trying to explain a new candy. "Well I guess so. I was really expecting it or anything." He looked down at his arm. No smile, no laugh, no warm feeling. "Ya. I guess for you, it really isn't the highlight of your life. Look, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for all this. I didn't mean to hurt you or anything. I just lost control. And when that crazy man,"

"His name is Mr.Lore." He looked back up.

"Whatever. WHen he shot me I didn't mean to reach out my paw....."

"Just forget it. Soon everything will be okay. Maybe we could even hang out more. We'll have a lot more in common." The smile came back, the laugh came back, and the warm feeling came back. "That will be a promise." He started to get up again. This time he just stood.

"If you can stand and walk, why are you in a wheelchair?" H elooked at the wheelchair and back at me. "It's fun to do wheelies." He smiled and made a big sigh. This time I wasn't nervous. He looked back at me. He bent down and leaned for my cheek. He kissed it. He walked back to the wheelchair and sat down. He turned back to me and said,"Remember the promise." All I could do was smile.

Once he left the room I fell into my pillow. Smiling and laughing. Then the nurse came in with a suitcase. "Here is your stuff Miss Fews." She smiled, put my stuff down and left the room. I yelled, "Thank you!" but I don't think she heard. I put the pillow back down and walked to my stuff. I walked out the door closing it.

***********************************************************

I walked down the hall, still smiling. I walked past empty rooms. I only saw a few with people in them. They were mostly talking or playing a game. I walked down the hall and went past Jack's room. He was watching TV. He noticed me and smiled with a wave. I smiled back and put my hair behind my ear, all flirty like, and waved back. He smiled and looked back at the remote then watched me leave.

"Was I really having feelings for him?" I let this question slip to the back of my head. The new question that popped up was, "How do I get home?"



© 2010 LynLee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on November 23, 2010
Last Updated on November 23, 2010


Author

LynLee
LynLee

Where I am free, VA



About
Hola, me llamo LynLee. De donde es Earth. Me cumpleanos es Noviembre 24. Me gusta es escribir. Sorry had to practice my spanish somewhere. I'm LynLee. I'm fourteen and I am a writer. My best frien.. more..

Writing
Believe Believe

A Poem by LynLee


Dark sunset Dark sunset

A Poem by LynLee