(*Chapter 3*)

(*Chapter 3*)

A Chapter by LynLee

Chapter 3

At first I freaked out. I took deep breaths and tried not to do anything drastic. I tried to get Jet's attention, but everyone was clapping to loud. I looked out the window again to see it's tail vanishing behind the corner. "Not good." I thought. I started panicking in my chair. I kept crossing and un-crossing my legs. I was twitching and itching my arms and legs.

"What are you doing freak?" Stephanie said, still with a smile on her face. "Can you be quieter. There going to announce my boyfriend and I don't want anything to distract me." I kept itching and just kept thinking, "I'm not going to be the distraction soon." I kept trying to get Jet's attention. He still wouldn't look at me. I looked back out the window. Nothing. I started getting more and more worried. "What was that thing?" "Why was it so big?" and more importantly, "Why was it looking at me?" I kept wondering if anyone else saw it. I figured not, since no one else tried to do anything about it. I finally thought of something.

"And the first nominee i...."

"Uh sorry, can I go back to the clinic. Getting kind-a woozy again." I turned back to the audience and tried to meet Jet's eyes. I finally got his attention.

"Ah, yes of course."

"Thank you." I walked off stage, just in time too. I opened the door and the screaming started. I waited in the hall for Jet.

"Gosh, that took guts. I can't bel...."

"There's a monster after me!" I shouted out really loud. I looked around, in case anyone else was around.

"What? No there isn't. WHat are you talking about?" I studdered for a minute.

"Well, I don't mean.....after me. I meant I saw one and it looked right at me." Jet looked at me as if I were crazy. Honestly I started to question myself if I were.

"No there isn't. you probably just..."

"It's paws were as big as dining room tables. It's eyes were huge and piercing red. And.....," I almost didn't want to say this part," It's teeth were huge and fang-like, but ultimatly sharp."

He stared at me again. There was a long silence before I remebered the most important part.

"And it headed straight to the school." I stared right into his eyes. I was almost hoping I could get into his soul and make him believe me, because I knew he wasn't.

"Okay, come on. You basically just told me a werewolf is about to attack the school. Oh come on! That's impossible! You really do need to go to the clinic."

Of course. He doesn't believe me. He started tugging on my arm when I heard glass break. I ducked right behind a trash can. "Jet! What are you doing! Get out of the hall!" He looked at me with that crazy expression, not that it ever went off his face. He spun around with wide eyes then looked back at me. The signal that nothing was there. I stood up and walked back to the middle of the hall, then more glass broke.

This time I ran down the hall. I got closer and closer to the noise. When I thought I was close enough I stood behind the corner. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was like a huge rabid dog. It kept smashing things. Then it tried to tear at the wall. It kept scratching, like it wanted out. I started wondering what it was. Was it a werewolf? Or just a really big dog? Then again it had to be a mutated dog to be that big. I eyed it for a long time, then I couldn't hold it in any longer. I let out a huge breath.

Realizing I let out such a big breath I covered my mouth. In my mind I was saying, "Oh crap!" The dog stopped immediatly. It turned around and looked right in my direction. Then I heard a familiar sound.

Footsteps.

Oh no! Jet! Jet was my best friend I can't let this happen to him without a warning!

"Maggie! Mags! Where are you?!" I couldn't think fast enough. I jumped right out in between the dog and Jet. I screamed for Jet to turn around and saw his expression.

Scared.

He stopped right there. Then I felt hot, smelly breath on the back of my neck. I closed my eyes real tight. All I could think was, "Let this be a dream, let this be a dream!" I couldn't help it. I turned around.

I was staring directly into it's eyes. It's deep, red, soul-less eyes. It started opening it's mouth. I saw foam, (maybe slobber) tongue, and teeth. Big, huge, sharp teeth. I started to back away.

Slowly.

It started growling and then it started leaning forward. When I was a good distance back, so far I almost bumped into Jet, It lunged. My mind went blank. All I heard was a scream, scratching noises, a gun-shot, and yelping. I fell right to the ground. Blood gushing out my arm. The beast lying on the floor, yelping for life. I saw Mr.Lore standing with a shotgun in his hand. He had shot it. Jet ran over to me. I didn't look up at him. Or talk. I only looked at it. It's eyes right at me. It's eyes had sympathy, almost. Tears falling out of them. Mr.Lore came back over and stepped on his head. Another yelp came out. It was breathing harder and harder. Mr.Lore put the gun to it's temple and it looked at me, then closed it's eyes.

"WAIT!!!!" I yelled trying to get up. Mr.Lore looked at me, never taking the gun off it's temple. "Don't shoot it!"

Mr.Lore looked at me with concern. "Why shouldn't I?"

I thought about that for a second. Then figured if it's a werewolf then there has to be a person underneath that fur. "If this thing is a werewolf," I felt all eyes on me. Now the doors from the auditorium were opening, "Then there has to be a person underneath all of that. You can't kill that person!" I realized I was yelling now. Mr.Lore looked from me to the wolf, me, and back to the wolf. He let out a big sigh and took the gun off it's temple. It opened it's eyes and looked back to me. The tears were disappearing, but mine were just coming. The pain in my arm shot in and out. More blood coming and coming. It started yelping and trying to get up. Mr.Lore backed up and when it looked at him. He dropped the gun right then and there. I heard gasps coming from kids just coming out of the auditorium.

The wolf stood up, and fell again. I figured it would help if I tried. I started up and Jet helped me. I felt even worse for it. I had help, but it didn't. I finally got up and it took one look at me and stood up as if it never got shot. I couldn't walk, I could only lean. I was loosing so much blood, I started getting dizzy.

It looked at it's side and I only saaw silver blood coming out his side. He licked it three times and it stopped. It looked back at me. This time his eyes were black. The red simply fading. It walked right over and everyone started backing up. I could even feel Jet backing up, but I held close to his arm. When it got closer I heard a girl scream. The wolf stopped in it's path, looked up, and kept coming closer. It stopped right in front of me. It looked right in front of me. Nose to nose. Everyone in the room just held there breath. I couldn't even feel Jet's chest going in and out. It looked right into my eyes, then looked down at my arm, covered in blood and still bleeding. It looked back at me, then at my arm. It took it's paws and lowered onto it's knees. Then licked my arm. It licked it three times. I was expecting it to stop bleeding and disappear like it did on it's fur, but it didn't. It didn't stop bleeding, but I didn't feel any pain. It stood back up, looked at me then at everyone else, walked to the window it came in through and jumped out running back into the woods. I suddenly felt a force rushing over me and I finally passed out.



© 2010 LynLee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
Added on November 23, 2010
Last Updated on November 23, 2010


Author

LynLee
LynLee

Where I am free, VA



About
Hola, me llamo LynLee. De donde es Earth. Me cumpleanos es Noviembre 24. Me gusta es escribir. Sorry had to practice my spanish somewhere. I'm LynLee. I'm fourteen and I am a writer. My best frien.. more..

Writing
Believe Believe

A Poem by LynLee


Dark sunset Dark sunset

A Poem by LynLee