Letter 3: What Is It That We Are Looking At

Letter 3: What Is It That We Are Looking At

A Chapter by The Joshua Letters

In my previous letter, I stated that I believe that prejudice between science and religion is the main thing that has prevented the truth regarding life’s great questions from being discovered.  It certainly is not because the answers are overly complex. However, it is likely also due to the fact that the truth is all together unbelievable.

 

This brings me to the final topic I want to cover on truth: belief. If you go through the trouble to discover and comprehend the truth, yet for one reason or another choose not to believe it, what good is it? However, this happens all of the time. Consider again the argument between science and religion. People are engaged in an argument that started long before there was enough information to intelligently have the argument in the first place, and yet, both sides dove in anyway and became determined to win. It has only lead to self-imposed blindness, for they won’t see the truth even now when there is finally enough information to do so. People are trapped in the snare that occurs when any argument is entered, the goal quickly transforms from discovering the truth to winning the argument, rendering the would-be truth seeker entirely disabled. I won’t linger too long on this, but I will warn the reader, if you are caught up in the argument on either side, you will likely find no comfort in what is to come in my letters. Let’s find out by testing the water.

 

In the previous letter we considered the classic question, “What is matter made of? The answer is that we do not know. However, what we do know about matter is mind-boggling. For example, the Schwarzschild Radius of a black hole defines the size of the sphere surrounding the actual mass inside the black hole where light cannot escape its gravitational pull, and the Schwarzschild Radius of the Earth is 8.9 mm or a diameter of 17.8 mm.

 

Does that blow anyone away? That means that if you take all the matter that the Earth is made of and collapse it into a black hole, it would be smaller than a ping-pong ball, and probably much smaller. The 17.8 mm sphere is not the size of the matter inside the black hole, but rather the size of the Schwarzschild Radius surrounding it. Science has discovered that the mass of a black hole is very likely consolidated within a single point in space that has no size  (research black holes & infinite density if you want to make your head spin). In other words, discovery has revealed that you can take as much matter as you want, the Moon, the Earth, Jupiter, the sun, a red giant, the entire galaxy, etc. and collapse it into a single point in space smaller than an atom with the only variation being the resulting mass of the black hole and the corresponding size of its Schwarzschild Radius. But how can that be possible?

 

Let’s look at matter again on the atomic level. An atom is made from electrons that occupy the space around the nucleus of the atom (made of protons and neutrons) in a manner that the entire space appears to be solid. An analogy that I once heard for this is that if a basketball represents a hydrogen atom’s nucleus, the electron would be like a small marble moving randomly around the basketball at distances up to 20 miles, and moving so fast that it appears to completely fill the entire sphere, thus  giving the illusion of a solid, 40-mile diameter object. In addition, this principle is true for the proton and the neutron that make up the atom’s nucleus. The quarks that these particles are comprised of also move near the speed of light, making the protons and neutrons appear solid when they are not.

 

Well, this principle could go on and on, could it not? As technology allows us to zoom in on smaller and smaller particles, is it not possible that we continue to find the same principle to be true for each new particle that we find no matter how many times we find something smaller? And using logic together with what we know from black holes, isn’t it logical to assume that such is the case? If not, how could it be possible to take vastly varying amounts of matter and collapse them all the same into points in space that have no size?

 

Can you begin to comprehend what all of this means with respect to you and the world and universe around you? Discovery on these topics is fun and fascinating, but comprehension is scary, which in turn makes belief difficult, but the writing is on the wall. We are not made of anything, at least not in the tangible kind of way that our senses would lead us to believe. In essence, although it is not a 100% accurate comparison, we are hologram-like beings living in a holodeck-like universe. Kind of hard to swallow isn’t it, but such is where the evidence points.

 

So, what do we do with this knowledge? What is to be comprehended from it? I stated earlier that comprehension requires connecting a given truth with the other truths that surround it in order to see a bigger picture.

 

In my next letter, I will dive into the next connecting truth.

 

Until then,

 

Joshua



© 2020 The Joshua Letters


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

These are very well written and detailed chapters

Posted 12 Years Ago


You say, "That says that if you take all of the matter that Planet Earth consists of and collapse it into a Black Hole...", but I'm confused what "that" is. Anyway, "Joshua" sounds a lot like a wise professor educating his eager students. :D Nice job, as always. It's dense, but very informative and interesting.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JRB
Astrologers, theologians, mathematicians, mystics, scientists, poets, and philosophers as well as the likes, have all made an effort to make available to our civilization, an illustration and the explanation that we currently have for our worldwide view of this Universal Reality Principle of consciousness and its laws of thought. Their answers are either qualified through a religious doctrine of faith or by the individuals experiences, their self-inner exploration, or through the accepted experimental applications of science.

I find your thoughts nicely stated and rightly put. Keep up the writes

What is Reality or Reality is what?
Read this at my writes

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very interesting and compelling read. it pulls you along in an original way. good job

Posted 12 Years Ago


Interesting approach to divining the nature if "truth.". I am wildly curious how this will relate to singular truth, as the closest we have gone to understanding the nature of matter and energy is m-theory, proposed recently by hawking.

You are skillfully building suspense for the revelation of this truth. Nicely done!

Posted 12 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1173 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 27, 2011
Last Updated on June 3, 2020
Tags: truth, origin of man, purpose of life, science, religion, god, creation, evolution


Author

The Joshua Letters
The Joshua Letters

OR



About
Who are we? What are we made of? Where did we come from? Is there a God? Answers unlike any that have ever before been presented lie within the pages of The Joshua Letters. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lost Lost

A Poem by MusicLove93