Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by tooschoolforcool

I cried into Hayden for at least another hour by about ten minutes into are hour hug we ended up sitting on the beach with me in his lap. Without moving my head from his shoulder I look up at him. “Wait why are you hugging you as I cry? You are suppose to hate me because I’m a Luck,” I say. I haven’t left the the warmth and security of his arms. He smiles and looks down at me, “Because your different from your brother and you caught me when I wasn’t in the mood to fight.”  I nod. “Does that mean that after today things will go back as they were and we will never talk again?” Hayden sighs, “I don’t think it will be the same I am not going to keep fighting your brother but I don’t think we can be friends especially with your body guards ready to kill me at a moments notice.” A small smile crosses his face. I groan, “Don’t remind me of them,” 

I lightly tough his face, “But your the only person who has been somewhat nice to me and I’m not becoming friends with Barbie.” He laughs “Barbie?” I roll my eyes “A’Miracle because she is such A’Miracle,” I mimic her. Hayden shakes his head “Don’t she’s a fake s**t,” I shake my head, “Oh trust me I won’t, she’s an s****y b***h who wants to get in my brothers pants.” He smiles, “She’s like’s to sleep around, and as much as I want to be able to do this all the time with you your brother would never let you.” I nod “Thats very true. I like this side of you better.” “what do you mean?” He says. “I like this side of you the happy go lucky actually can have a conversation with side of you without wanting to kill you.” I say. He smiles, “What’s my other side?”  “Your other side is an arrogant d-bag I want to knee in the balls.” I say so sure of myself. He burst out laughing “Am I really that bad?” I nod “Yes are you sure you don’t have multi personality disorder or something because todays todays you is so much better than yesterday’s you. Or do you need to be punched in the face twice in one day to be a good guy?” 

Hayden gets serious, “Its because of my parents.” I frown. “What do you mean?” I am confused. “Well my parents own the only bank in town and we own a lot of land, practically, we live the perfect small town life. So the expect me to be the perfect small town guy. You know like popular guy best football player that sort of thing. They want me to be on top. When your brother came, because he is new to town and plays a different sport, that to this town is new and exciting, everyone left me and went to him and well,” He runs his hands through his hair like is nervous, “my parents didn’t like that I wasn’t on top anymore so they told me to do what ever I had to do to get back on top. So I did.” He sighs “The thing is I never wanted to be on top I’m not that type of guy. I’m not a born leader, like your brother. So when I was getting beat up last night it got me thinking. Why am I trying to get back a life I hate? Then I blacked out and woke up on the beach and then found you.” He grins at me, “and I don’t know why but I feel like for once in my life someone doesn’t care if I’m the best at everything.” He moves a piece of hair out of my face. 

I roll my eyes. “Ok I think getting beat to a pulp last night is finally getting to you lets assists your injuries even though they are a day old.” I say as I get off of Hayden. Hayden nods, “where do you want to start?”  I bite my lip “um how about we start with your eye.”  I straddle Hayden and lean into his face to get a better look at his eye it is all red and puffy and I can tell that someone hit him with something, other than their fist, right above the eye because there is a huge cut there that bleeds down his face and on to his shirt. 

I frown “Damn I wish we weren’t at the beach I need fresh water and bandages to fix you up.” “We aren’t far from one of my family beach houses it is one of the smaller ones but there is a first aid kit there and no one will see us,” Hayden says. “Ok then lets go” I say as I back off him and stand next to him waiting to get up. He gets up and we start walking to the beach house. “I have a question.” Hayden blurts out randomly. I can tell by the way he said it that it’s not a question I’m going to like and he knows I’m not going to like it but curiosity got the best of him so he asked. “Ok, shoot,” I say. “So last night when you were yelling at me you said something about having a brother in Boston.” He doesn’t look at me. 

We walk in silence for a minute, then I sigh. “Yeah my baby brother Logan. He is 4 and at The Children’s Hospital in Boston because he is in a coma.” I say in hushed voice. “Oh my God I am so sorry how did he get in a coma?” Hayden says genuinely. I frown “Do you know why Brody and I moved here all they way from Texas?” Hayden shakes his head “No you guys are from Texas?” I smirk “You really need to get to know your enemy’s better.” I get serious again, “About three months ago my father fell asleep at the wheel, on the highway, to my grandmother’s funeral. Logan, Brody and I were in the car. The car went into on coming traffic and a van hit us on the driver side. My Dad and I got the worst of the impact because we were both on that side. My father die at the scene in Brody’s arms who was the only one contuses after the crash. I died on the way to the hospital but was brought back. I was in a coma for three months and woke up a little more than a week ago. They said it was a miracle that I lived. If Logan was a few years older he would have been fine like Brody, but because he was so little he ended up in a coma and flown to The Children’s Hospital. So because Brody is only 17 he can’t be Logan and I’s legal guardian so they sent us to are only living relative aunt Zoe who we didn’t even know existed.” By the end of my speech tears run down my face again. Hayden looks like he is in pain from my story. “I am so so sorry that is horrible. Why didn’t you go to your mothers?” Why doesn’t he stop talking? “My mother disappeared 3 years ago” I look at the ground. Does he have any more questions? Like were I get my brown hair from or something ridiculous like that? 

Hayden steps in front of me and put one hand on my shoulder and uses the other to guid my eyes back to his. “Rylee I’m so sorry for you loss.” I nod thanks and look off into space. “lets get you cleaned up.” I mumble. Hayden nods. “The beach house is right here.” He point to a normal size beach house that is white with navy blue trim and is made of wood. Finally the kid gets the message that I don’t want to talk about my family. I guess what they say is true being a jock does make you stupid.  



© 2012 tooschoolforcool


Author's Note

tooschoolforcool
Edit if you want. Any comments help

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on April 2, 2012
Last Updated on April 2, 2012


Author

tooschoolforcool
tooschoolforcool

About
I am a 15 year old girl who love to write even though I'm not that good. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by tooschoolforcool