#9 Envy Rears

#9 Envy Rears

A Chapter by tynamite

I was in a school playground for primary school kids, and they didn't find my butterfly weird. They treated me as I was one of them. It was amazing seeing young children in this way. The way they treat me, is how the adults of the future should be treating people. They treat me with such awe and admiration. That was the school that Kyle went to when he was younger, and he told me about it when I'd spoken to him before.

Later I had to leave, once the kids had gone to the class. So I had to be an adult who would go somewhere else, now the kids were inside the school. I could have volunteered to work in the school, but then I wouldn't be able to find someone for myself.

I was now in a place that was really secluded. It looked like a rustic town centre. There were no bricks around, the buildings were made of stone. A person who was staring at me, then walked up to me, and she asked where I got my butterfly from. I said that I didn't get my butterfly from anywhere, and that I was born with it. Then she just shrugged her shoulders and walked off. Then she brought out two more people from down the street, and they all were talking amongst themselves whilst looking at me. I would swear that they were talking about me.

Then the same girl who'd spoken to me, walked up to me, but this time with two guys. They said that I could be their friends. I looked at them, and they looked at me with gleaming eyes, and told me that I could be their friends. There was something about this, that didn't feel quite right with me. But I said yes anyway.

Whilst I was with them, they didn't do much to stir me, but they did show me round to everyone while asking me to tell them jokes. I didn't know any jokes, so beforehand they told me what jokes to tell, so I could tell them. So there I was, being sent around from person to person, being given different jokes to tell them. People were amused from it.

When the two guys the girl was with, asked me how I got my butterfly, how they could get one, and what my butterfly means, that's how I knew that they were jealous of me. I had some people gaze at my so called beauty, including the two guys. The way I experience the world, I'm sometimes alone and don't have much regard given to me, so for the jealousy, I couldn't step into that world, although I'd love to see what they see and feel the love that they gave, if it was love and not envy that they had.


© 2013 tynamite


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

305 Views
Added on December 25, 2012
Last Updated on February 22, 2013
Tags: jealousy, envy, groups, social dynamics


Author

tynamite
tynamite

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom



About
Hello peepz! I write novels and short stories in the "urban life" genre going for the "thought provoking" style. You could call it realism, but even romance and crime novels can be realistic, so I.. more..

Writing