Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Mary
"

What will Arnina do now that she has been taken?

"

 

 

Chapter 1          

 

      The ice was burning her bared skin and the rope that held her showed no hope of release, unable to move or breathe she knew she was going to die. That thought brought her to a point of no return that she could only describe as madness, because her new found need to survive made her brain wheel and there was no room left for sanity only survival. She thrashed and kicked but even in this incoherent state she knew that she couldn’t break the rope that held her, and with each second her body felt number, so she knew she had to act fast. With that she took in her surroundings for the first time to see if there was anything that could help her.

 

        She was in a small room and it was dark, the only light coming from a small window in the top of padded door that appeared to be locked. Since she wasn’t outside she knew she must be in some type of freezer. There wasn’t a lot of stuff around her but she could make out boxes and a small knife used to open them. She let out a small squeak of hope then, pushing her numb body over to the knife hoping to be able to cut the rope. She tried with all the energy she had left to grab the knife with the two fingers she had free, on her third attempt to grab the knife she succeeded. Now resting in a squat position, using her middle and pointer fingers she began to slowly cut the frozen rope.

 

        It was harder than she had expected and with more than half of her body numb and hurting she almost gave up after ten minutes of trying. But her new found will power wouldn’t let her stop and with a surge of power she cut the first rope, and then the second and so on. And in a short amount of time she was free of the rope that had held her. “I actually did it?” she thought momentarily in awe. The pain brought her back to reality and she knew she had to get out of the cold.

 

        She attempted to stand, and her body barley got off the ground a few inches before it fell back down again. She let out a painful groan as she laid there a frozen lump on the ground. “I will not DIE here!” she thought and resolved to give it her best try to get out of this hellhole. So she stared at the door only feet from her and gathered her energy. With a deep breath and steel determination she lunged herself forward toward the door. This time she succeeded in standing, and in a few painful seconds she was resting all her weight on the padded door.

       

        She took this opportunity to look out the window of the door, hoping to see something helpful, but she caught her reflection and gasped. Her normally pale skin was blue, and her brown hair with red streaks had ice in it. The only thing recognizable was her dark eyes that starred back at her. She sighed and looked beyond her reflection hoping to see something or somebody of use.

 

To her dismay she saw nothing of use, just a dirty room that looked like it used to be used for storage. She was now sure that she was in a building that no one had been in for a while. This only dampened her hopes more, “I will never be found.” she thought. And as this realization seeped into her numb brain she began to cry. Warm tears burned her frostbitten face and she began to needlessly hit the door. All the while knowing that this was not getting her anywhere.

 

        After she was completely warn out from hitting the door she almost passed out, but a noise from outside the door alerted her. She could hear a small squeaking noise, almost like a whimper. This made her freeze, she didn’t even breath. She was deathly afraid that who ever had put her here was coming back to finish the job. But she soon realized that that noise was not coming from a kidnapper but something just as afraid as her. She identified the noise as crying, and lifted her head to the window once more to look for whoever was crying.

 

She had to strain her neck, but in the corner of the room she saw a girl. The girl looked to be about her age, and just as scared. She was crying on the dirty floor, obviously afraid of the noise from the banging. “She looks so uncomfortable with her hands tied behind her,” Arnina thought. “I need to get her attention! So maybe I can talk her into opening the door.”

 

         So Arnina began to yell, trying to get the girl to take notice. But Arnina’s voice was weak and pained. She wasn’t able to mutter anything above a whisper. She began to get angry; she couldn’t believe her voice was too affected by this cold. So she switched her tactics and began to knock on the door. Not violently like before but in a pattern that echoed off the steel walls. Soon the girl froze, hearing the noise.

 

        Arnina could tell that she was afraid. But she kept knocking hoping the girl would eventually look. Knock,….. Knock, Knock, Knock, Knock, .…Knock, Knock! The pattern repeated, again and again and soon the girl looked up. Arnina could tell that the girl was seriously troubled, by the crazed look in her eye.  But she was determined to get the girl’s help. So she positioned her head in the window so the girl could see her. When the girl noticed her, she screamed. “Gosh I don’t look that scary!” Arnina thought.

 

        The girl for seconds just stared at Arnina, but then she let out a shaky “Who are you?”

 

        Arnina tried to talk, but her vocal cords were not responding. So she made little grunting noises. She also started tapping again, while maintaining eye contact with the girl. The girl began to understand through her haze and gradually stood up. Arnina was so happy she began to cry tears of hope. All she could do was think about leaving the cold, nothing else mattered.

 

        The girl stepped closer and closer, now only two feet from the door. Desperately Arnina pointed to the lock, hoping the girl understood. The girl did understand but she did not unlock the door. She just stood there staring, worried that the “man” would come again if she opened the door.

 

“I know is should open it, but he might kill me if I do…but look at her. I must help her.” she thought.  So reluctantly she turned around and with her tied hands, and pulled the lock open. The door opened all at once and Arnina came crashing down on the hard dirty floor.

 

        She laid there for what felt like hours. The girl only sat back down, starring at Arnina. “Should I touch her?” she thought. The girl didn’t want to touch her in fear that would bring her pain, but she knew she had to do something. So she found an old tarp and made a makeshift blanket. She also tried to provide body warmth but tried not to touch the raw areas of skin.

 

Soon Arnina could feel her body again, she did not rejoice in this. Because with feeling brought excruciating pain. She let out a painful moan and moved, only bringing more pain. The girl who was warming her started to sing. Her voice moved high and low on a sweet song about spring. Arnina was shocked by this gesture and let the song calm her. But after awhile they started to talk and learn thing about one another.

 

        By the time Arnina was as warm as possible, she learned that the girl’s name was Chloe Sanders, a freshman at Barrington’s Academy of Arts, she wanted to be a singer.  She also loved pop and country music and her favorite show was Glee. Arnina could tell that Chloe talked a lot when she was nervous, but she seemed nice enough.

 

        The only thing Chloe learned from the other girl was that she was Arnina Martin a rebellious sixteen years old, who loved vampires and a store called Hot Topic. “This girl is like my complete opposite,” she thought. “Why were we taken?” The second she thought that she remembered her situation and things like stores and TV shows became less important. She had just been kidnapped.

 

After Arnina really looked at Chloe she was surprised at her appearance. Up close she was really beautiful, long pale blond hair, creamy skin, and sky blue eyes. “She doesn’t look like the kind of person who can withstand trauma, way to fragile. I better keep my eye on her.” she thought, all the while thinking that she too was not the kind of person that could withstand trauma.

 

        After Arnina could move again, she helped Chloe cut the ropes on her wrists. Then they compared stories, both realizing they were kidnapped by some big smelly guy. Then they debated why they were kidnapped, they had no real clues than the fact that were attractive teenagers. Neither one of them was rich, or was the kind of people who were normally kidnapped.

 



© 2010 Mary


Author's Note

Mary
please tell me what you think!!!:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very strong language but the first paragraph is a little choppy to me.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like this, and I really enjoy the suspense.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

great work :D there's so much suspense. good job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Again, work on
grammar, and the inner dialouge thing is a little akward, but overall good storyline.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really love it :) The way you give suspense to it actually makes me want to read more :) Wonderful Job

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like it, the only issue is that there are only two chapters out and I'm dying to know what happens next and who the crying person is.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very interesting. I want to who else is held captive there, and why, and how she manages to escape or what ever else is going to happen. Excellent job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A very good start to a story. You brought me in with a strong beginning. Then made me want more. To know who is crying? I look forward to reading more.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

:) Grate chapter :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

it had a few words that are repetative and the prolouge I really didn't like that much honestly but it qwas a very good story absolutely fabulous and I want more!!! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

692 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 11, 2010
Last Updated on April 9, 2010
Tags: ice insanity chapter1


Author

Mary
Mary

Canton, OH



Writing
Angel Movements Angel Movements

A Poem by Mary



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 14 Chapter 14

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 12 Chapter 12

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 13 Chapter 13

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 7 Chapter 7

A Chapter by Mary