Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A Chapter by Mary

Chapter 9

 

Aaron left after awhile, noticing the girls weren’t really paying attention when he talked. He had told them how the facility worked, when the guards watched and when they disappeared. How to talk to him if they needed help: three knocks on the wall next to them. They learned that Aaron had the whole place under control. He made sure everyone knew the codes and no one was in trouble.

 

Arnina couldn’t believe the work he put into keeping everyone safe. She wondered why he hadn’t gone completely crazy yet, but she guessed keeping busy is what kept him stable. She was nervous because tomorrow she would be put into the normal Lunarian schedule, then Chloe after she had her testing. “Huh,” she thought, “I will get to meet the other prisoners when I go out to the courtyard, I wonder if they will be normal.” Arnina spent her time imagining what everyone else looked like. She pictured zombielike teenagers that could control different elements. Somewhere between fanaticizing and thinking she fell asleep.

 

 

 

Chloe’s P.O.V.

 

Chloe noticed that Arnina fell asleep, she pondered sleeping too but she couldn’t close her eyes and dream of monsters and ice, her normal dreams. “How can Arnina even think that this can be true? I can’t believe that there are races of people that the normal world has never heard of... But Aaron did show us his powers…maybe it was a trick? No…but I just can’t believe this!” she thought. She rubbed absently at the dirt stains on her favorite pair of jeans thinking of rationalizations, but before she knew it she had fallen asleep too. 

 

    ***

 

 

Her sore eyes burst open to the harsh light invading them. The scary man was back but this time he wanted her. Chloe felt hands grab her tired body and she was pulled out of the security of her cot. The florescent lights blurred her vision but she knew where she was being taken. Her head hurt and she wished they would just hurry it up, she knew they would find no powers.

 

“What is with the pulling, I have legs you know!” she thought not willing to voice her complaint. She saw white hallway after white hallway; she knew she could never find her way back on her own. She wondered how Aaron even found their room in this maze. But her thoughts halted when they came to the room they were looking for.

 

It was more terrifying than she remembered, metal and blades. She remembered what Arnina told her, “They took me to some twisted dentist chair.” So she looked for it and saw it on one side of the room, it was worse than she thought. They took her to the chair and strapped her in. She screamed when they injected her with something, and tried to squirm out of the thing they put on her head. “This is out of a science fiction movie!” she thought.

 

“This one is feistier than the other one…she looks like she wants to kill us!” a man laughed.

 

“Yeah, but she won’t do anything in a second she will unconscious.” said the other one.

 

“I can’t think! What is happening to me?” Chloe thought as she slipped into darkness.

 

     ***

 

“Chloe…Chloe…Chloe!” whispered an unseen voice. Chloe looked around the barren ice land for whoever was calling her. Her bare feet danced along the ice ground, loving the feel of the cold.

 

She saw nothing but white skies and mountains of ice. She vaguely realized that something bad just happened to her, but she couldn’t remember what. In fact she couldn’t remember much of anything, just that she belonged where she was. But the call rang in her ears and she continued on the icy path. The voice unlike no other led her to an ice covered lake. There Chloe saw a woman on the lake.

 

Chloe heard the call once more, “Come to me, and gain your power my dear.” Chloe walked on the lake not fearing its instability. When she approached the woman the calling ceased. She just stood there starring at the woman of ice, with hair of pure silver and eyes of frozen waters.

 

“Do you wish to gain the power of your people and be forever changed?” the woman asked.

 

“Yes I do.” said Chloe sensing that is the right thing to do. With that the woman put her hand on Chloe’s forehead, a white light radiated from her touch marking Chloe forever. When the light was gone Chloe felt a new sense of connectedness to the world that surrounded her.

 

“I must go back and help them!” Chloe said now remembering everything.

 

“Jump through the hole in the lake it will bring you back to where you are needed, Daughter of Ice.” The woman said who Chloe now somehow knew as Isanne, the Queen of Ice. She did as instructed but only hesitated a second not wanting to leave paradise.

 

   ***

 

Chloe woke to yelling, it was the men from before. They had a gun pointed at Chloe’s head ready to fire. She didn’t understand until she looked around, the whole room was covered in ice. Even her skin had a frozen layer on it, but it had no effect on her. The men though were a different story their flesh was burning from the sudden appearance of ice. "Did I do this?" she thought.

 

They screamed, “Stop it! Stop it! Or we’ll shoot!”

 

But Chloe didn’t know had to control her new power and the ice stayed where it was. But then a man walked in the room, he was tall and wearing a lab coat like the others. She could tell though there was something different about him.

 

“You stop!” he yelled, “Can’t you see the ice has stopped? We just triggered her getting her powers so take her to her cell.”

 

The man lowered the gun and the rest stopped yelling. In seconds she was being taken back to her room without explanation. “What just happened?” she thought.

 



© 2010 Mary


Author's Note

Mary
please tell me what you think, all opinions are good!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good chapter. I like the dream scene in the story. I like her power. The story is getting stronger. I enjoyed the chapter. A lot of action and good story telling.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


You said “Yeah, but she won’t do anything in a second she will unconscious.” said the other one. But I might be wrong but you need to addshe will BE unconscious. other than that the guards are just idiots.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Your story is getting better and better. I'm enjoying it very much.

Posted 14 Years Ago


EEEEWWWWW no showers or clothes!!!!!!!! yuk I fear for them thts disgusting. Haha good job cant wait for more

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow...this is really going at a good pace...keep up the good work, all I saw was that you shifted between past and present tanse.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

462 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 6, 2010
Last Updated on April 9, 2010


Author

Mary
Mary

Canton, OH



Writing
Angel Movements Angel Movements

A Poem by Mary



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lies Lies

A Poem by Manda


Cant Sleep... Cant Sleep...

A Story by Manda


Chapter 7 Chapter 7

A Chapter by Mary