Chapter 11

Chapter 11

A Chapter by Mary
"

This is the new chapter 11, i combined my chapters 1 and 2 so this is the next chapter i did not get rid of any.

"

 

Chapter 11

 

           “Arnina this is everyone,” Jade exclaimed gesturing to the people in front of them. “You know Aaron, and then this is Rachel, Jesse, Heather, and Jake.”

 

           “Nice to meet you…” said Arnina.

 

          Rachel was about the same age as Arnina maybe a year older, even though she was a lot shorter than her. She had big pale gray eyes and short red hair; she examined Arnina closely, and replied with a simple, “Hello…my element is ice.”

 

          Jesse towered above Arnina at his 6’ 1”; he had mocha completion and caring brown eyes. He replied, “Nice to meet you too, we’ve heard lots about ya…my element is fire.”

 

          Heather was shy, her long blond hair always covering her face and her deep blue eyes. She stood awkwardly looking at the ground and said a faint, “Hi…my element is water.”

 

          Jake on the other hand looked her square in the eye like a challenge, his black eyes daring her own. Arnina was off put by this strange behavior but was not going to be intimidated by some emo wannabe. His black hair and clothing proof enough of his dark quality, Arnina was not impressed. He said nothing, not even nodding his head in greeting. “Ugh this guy is strange, what is his problem?” she thought.

 

           “So what’s your element Jake since everyone else has shared, mine is supposedly fire.” said Arnina.

 

           “Air.” he said.

 

           “Okay…well Aaron we have to talk, Chloe got her powers while they were testing her. She had like an ice attack and they almost shot her, she is acting and talking very strange.” said Arnina.

 

           “No way, well that happened at the worst possible time, I’ll come later and talk to her. She is talking about things like tribes and stuff, right?” asked Aaron.

 

           “Yeah something about an ice Queen or something…is this normal?” she asked.

 

           “Yes, when we get our powers we go to a different place…it is hard to explain. For each person it is different, but it mainly has to do with your element. For ice there is the Queen Isanne, that is who Chloe saw and received her powers from. The others are the Earth Queen Yesenia, Fire Queen Xipil, Water Queen Nerinna, and Air Queen Anila.” Aaron explained.

 

           “Oh…okay sure whatever, I’ll believe anything you say now. So I was wondering why are we called Lunarians?” Arnina asked.

 

            “Because the first of our kind worshiped the moon, they believed it gave them their powers and longevity. But there is a lot about us that is unknown, like how it all came to be, and the Queens and stuff, we just know some things and others are complete mysteries.” He said.

 

           “Well I do like the moon…I think I’ll understand better when I get my powers.” she said.

 

           “It shouldn’t be too long, but I’m glad to see you finally believe. I know how hard it is, and I know it is a lot to take in but I hope we can help.” he said.

 

           Arnina learned a little about each person. She learned that Heather was a computer genius because her dad was a computer programmer for NASA. She was the reason Aaron could control a lot because she would hack into the security system when Aaron was going to different rooms at night. She had the nurses’ station computer completely wired.

 

          Jesse apparently liked sports a lot. He talked about how he was on all sorts of teams before he was taken. He had been here for three years like Aaron, and this had become his normal. Arnina couldn’t believe that this could become anyone’s everyday life. She wondered if she too could survive like this.

 

          Rachel didn’t do much talking. She just stared a lot and added a snarky remark. Arnina could tell that she wasn’t the friendliest person around. What she did learn though was that before this she wanted to be an actress. Arnina thought that a skill like that could be useful in the situation they are in.

         

          Jake wasn’t very forthcoming either. He was obviously angry at the world and he didn’t care who knew. His attitude pissed Arnina off but that might have been because they had a lot of things in common.

 

          Jade was just the type of person with the opportunistic attitude. She knew they were in a horrible place but she didn’t let it get her down. She was a partygoer before this with a rebellious attitude, but she had her serious times. Her almost violet hair was choppy and her blue eyes gave off a weird affect. She reminded Arnina of a cat, maybe one with hidden talents.



© 2010 Mary


Author's Note

Mary
please tell me what you think, and yes chapter 10 used to be the old chapter 11 but i combined two chapters just to clarify. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the chapter. I like the new characters and the increase knowledge of the strength and power of the Lunarians. The ending was very cool. Description always strengthen a story.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well Very interesting i guess but isn't it alittle late to introduce characters

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh my goodness. I just got finished reading all the chapters I hadn't read yet. And WOW! And this chapter, magnifique! --XOXO Megg

Posted 13 Years Ago


Excellent introduction of the other characters in the story.

Posted 14 Years Ago


i like the introductions all the characters and their different personalities. keep it up!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I liked it alot but it seemed to skip around far too much. I mean when it went from her talking to jake to Aaron real quick without stopping to explain how Arnina changed posisions to look at Aaron or something it rushed it and confused things a bit . Maybe add something in there before she tells him about Chloe so that it's not as rushed and uneven. Other than that it was a really good chapter. i am really enjoying this book. great work keep writing. Cant wait for more.
Your friend,

Tara♥Undefined♥

Posted 14 Years Ago


Okay, I lied. This is your best chapter yet.. =) I really like this one the BEST!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like this a ton...really good to know that theyre not alone

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

569 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 10, 2010
Last Updated on April 10, 2010


Author

Mary
Mary

Canton, OH



Writing
Angel Movements Angel Movements

A Poem by Mary



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 13 Chapter 13

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 7 Chapter 7

A Chapter by Mary


Changing Night Changing Night

A Poem by Mary