Religon

Religon

A Chapter by Huggy Bear
"

A religion is an organized approach to human spirituality which usually encompasses a set of narratives, symbols, beliefs and practices.

"
A religion is an organized approach to human spirituality which usually encompasses a set of narratives, symbols, beliefs and practices, often with a supernatural or transcendent quality, that give meaning to the practitioner's experiences of life through reference to a higher power, God or gods, or ultimate truth. Religion also encompasses ancestral or cultural traditions, writings, history, and mythology, as well as personal faith and religious experience

 People tell me that if there is no religion that the world would be a happier place. Karl Marx famously declared religion to be the "opium of the people. any contemporary critics fault religion as being irrational. I don't think that is ever simple. Any religion you come across has a foundation based upon an all-knowing and all powerful being ruling over us.

This being is given the name of God. Now in most religions they have "God" be a kind entity that will be good to the masses. That is unless you stray away from "God's Will" (which is to follow his will) which in the event "God" will put you through pain and torture for all eternity. Religion has convince.a good amount of people believing in religion and of God.

Those same amount of people believe in religion and have such a strong connection with religion that they are willing to die for that one belief.  Now due to the fact that we humans are comprise of many different variation of view points and cultures it is not surprising that we have come up with different variations of religion. We as humans can't accept a person's or group's opinion to be the truth. Usually when we don't agree with someone on something that they feel strongly for, we as humans act violently.


© 2010 Huggy Bear


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good thinking here Mustafa The last two lines sum up this write so well.
We must be tolerant to everyone's belief and until we can do that
the world will continue to crumble into utter despair. And we have to
question ideas and not behave like a lot of sheep.

Well done!

Helena

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

379 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 20, 2010
Last Updated on January 20, 2010


Author

Huggy Bear
Huggy Bear

Astoria, NY



About
- I have such an innocence and purity that not a lot of people have - Have a heart that most people can only fake - My heart has led me to some dark regions of life. - My heart has also led me to s.. more..

Writing