Ronald Reagan ( President #40) (1981-1989)

Ronald Reagan ( President #40) (1981-1989)

A Chapter by MandaBear
"

Fortieth President of the United States of America

"
Ronald Reagan is number 40.
He is the oldest president. (69 at this inauguration)
He was a movie and television actor. (which is were most of his speeches come from)
In 1937 he won a seven year contract with Warner Brothers. (And the Warner sister)

Ronald Reagan was the first president to be divorced.
He had a photographic memory. (I am sure he tried to forget his marriage)
He was active in sports like swimming and football.
He major in economics and sociology.

Ronald Reagan reduced inflation, increased employment and cut taxes to nearly 25%.
He also instrumental in appointing the first female Supreme Court Justice. (Go girls)
 He declared the War on Drugs. (Just say no!)
He rebuilt the armed forces after it had diminished during Carter's administration.

Ronald Reagan was a lifeguard and saved 77 people from drowning to death.
He was in over 50 major films. It was even said he was supposed to be in Casablanca. (But later finding out it was a hoax by Warner brothers.) ( And Dot)
He even was a radio announcer that brought him into Hollywood.

Ronald Reagan loved to snack on Jelly Beans and he was particular to the Jelly Belly brand.
 Fun fact: Blueberry was developed especially for the president to match the color scheme of his inaugural festivities. 
Roughly 2,800,000 Jelly beans were served.
No word however on whether the president liked or age that flavor of Jelly Bean. 
(Of course it would be no surprise if he did eat it)

So this is Ronald Reagan number 40.
Hollywood star,
President of the United States of America and 
A Jelly Belly. (Flavor Not Included)


© 2013 MandaBear


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Reagan was an incredible President, and you highlighted him very well.

Posted 10 Years Ago


He was a great President. Fixed up the USA and put us on the right path. We could use a President like Ronald Reagan. We need to be on a real budget. Thank you for the description of a great President.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

407 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 17, 2013
Last Updated on February 20, 2013

Meet the Presidents