Chapter 36

Chapter 36

A Chapter by Eidolon Michael
"

I don't think I'll be putting descriptions into the chapters anymore, because this late in the book, anything I could put into a description would be spoilers. I hope you understand. Thanks and enjoy

"

Maximillion sat in his last class of the day, Physics, waiting for the bell to ring. It was the last five minutes of class and everyone was just socializing with each other.

He gave an angry sigh as one of the girls began chatting loudly with her friends.

"And, like, we've been going out for ten months,"the girl said,"And, like, I've been thinking that he doesn't care about me, ya' know?"

"Fool, of course he doesn't,"Maximillion thought, glaring at the girl out of the corner of his eyes."Why would he possibly even begin to care about an idiot like you?"

"What are you staring at?"one of the girl's friends asked.

"Not you, so don't get your hopes up,"he said cooly and the girl gasp a gasp of anger.

"Man, you're a real-"

"Do you really intend to finish that sentence?"he asked quietly, his eyes flashing dangerously, an evil grin appearing on his face.

"N-no,"the girl said, looking at Maximillion in fright.

"Good,"Maximillion said as the bell rang, and he stood up and left. As planned, Ralph and Daniel were waiting for him.

"Hi, I'm Daniel,"Daniel said, extending his hand politely. Maximillion took the hand reluctantly and crushed Daniel's fingers. Danile pulled away wincing and Maximillion chuckled.

"Hi, guys,"Jonathan said as he arrived with the group.

"Everyone ready?"Ralph asked and the others nodded."I'll tell you now that we're gonna have to walk."

It had not been his choice. Amber had insisted that they walk to school ever since Angel's failed attempt at the Sacred Palace to kill Rene.

"The car could be bugged,"Amber had said and Ralph and Daniel had to agree to walk to school. Michael and Roran had decided not to go to school anymore, choosing instead to stay with Rene at the palace's hidden room that had become their new home.

Ever since Angel's attack, everyone had started living in the hidden area of the Sacred Palace. Amber had said that it would be safer than their regular homes. Rene and Taira were actually going to have to be home-schooled since Amber had warned them that, even with her at school with them, she may not be able to fully protect them if Angel were to attack. At the Sacred Palace, they were safer due to all the guards everywhere. Ever since they had all moved in, Amber had  been looking for a new home-school teacher for Rene and Taira.

"Is it very far?"Jonathan asked,"The Sacred Palace, I mean?"

"Not really,"Ralph said."It's actually easy to find from here."

"Well, that's good,"Jonathan said.

"Won't your parents worry about you?"

"My parents...kicked me out when I told them I was gay,"Jonathan said quietly."Since then, I live by myself here in Dunelia."

"Th-that's terrible!"Daniel said, staring at Jonathan in utter disbelief.

"I guess,"Jonathan said,"It doesn't really bother me much. I prefer being alone."

"If you say so..."Ralph said quietly. He couldn't believe that someone's parents would be so cruel.

"So, how protected is the palace?"Maximillion asked.

"Very,"Daniel said.

"But if we identify, we can get in,"Ralph explained.

Maximillion began thinking quickly. It had only been three days ago that he had been hired by Angel. He was finding it difficult to go through with the job. Killing Rene was starting to seem more and more dangerous as time went on. If he did, there was almost no way he could escape the palace. If he did escape, but was caught, he would be executed not just for murder, but also treason. But he had to go through with it. It was essential. He needed the money to survive.

"Maximillion?"

Maximillion quickly looked up to see everyone watching him. He had stopped walking and they were worried.

"I'm fine,"Maximillion said and he continued walking.

A few minutes later, they arrived at the palace.

"Identify yourselves,"the guards said as they stepped up to the front doors.

"Ralph and Daniel, with allies,"Daniel said determinedly.

The guards allowed them entrance to the palace and Ralph and Daniel led the way through a series of hallways until they arrived at a portrait version of the mosaic that used to be in Dunelia Castle. Ralph opened the portrait to reveal a long marble hallway. He led them down it, Daniel closing the portrait behind them and within a few seconds, they had arrived in the room that MIchael had seen everyone else in.

"Guys, you're h-"Taira began happily, but upon seeing Jonathan and Maximillion, she became furious.

"Why did you-?"

"Jonathan!!"

Amber came out of nowhere and hugged Jonathan.

"Amber, it's nice to see you again,"Jonathan said with a smile.

"You know him?"Taira asked.

Yes,"Amber said, releasing Jonathan and looking at Taira.

"What's going on?"Rene asked, stepping into the room. Maximillion looked at her. So this was the girl?

Ralph explained about Jonathan and Rene welcomed them happily.

"What's your reason for wanting to help me?"Rene asked Maximillion with a smile.

"I have my reasons,"Maximillion said and he left it at that and left with  Ralph to look around. Amber watched him suspiciously.

As he  and Ralph walked around, Maxmillion took note of all of the different doors and where they led. He was completley ignoring Ralph, who was explaining the situation to him.

Back in the main room, Amber was staring at the door Maximillion and Ralph had gone through.

"What's the matter?"Daniel asked as Rene left the room.

"I don't trust him,"Amber said quietly.

"Maximillion?"

Amber nodded. She looked at Daniel expectantly and the message was sent-if he tries anything, kill him.



© 2010 Eidolon Michael


Author's Note

Eidolon Michael
Uh-oh! Trouble's around the corner! Thanks for reading ^_^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
Added on October 6, 2009
Last Updated on April 13, 2010
Previous Versions


Author

Eidolon Michael
Eidolon Michael

The Gates of Zonei, TX



About
My name is Michael and I am 18 years old. I'm a pretty nice guy(mostly) but if I don't like you, I'll tell you so,yeah.I'm really short for a guy (5ft, 6in.) and I'm pretty average weight(125lbs).. more..

Writing