Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Eidolon Michael
"

The secret's out and now there only one question on their minds:Who will it be?

"

"So you guys don't even know?"Taira asked. "No,"Roran said quietly. It was New Year's Eve and Taira had stopped by for a while and heard the story. "It will...probably go by the seasons,"Michael said."WHen winter ends, when spring ends, and then only one of you will be left." "Where will we go?"Daniel asked. Michael shook his head. "I don't know,"he muttered. Michael glanced at the clock and saw that it said eight o' clock at night. "Well, I should go. I promised my family I would spend New Years with them,"Taira said and ashe gave all of them a tight hug before she left. They all sat in silence, watching the New Years Day parade in Arisonia on tv. Slowly, over time, they all began to head to bed. At 9:15, Roran left. At 10:00 Daniel left. At 10:53 both Ralph and Dante left. Michael sat in the living room alone. He checked the clock. It said 11:47. He hated this. There was nothing he could to stop what was about to happen. He had no control... With a sigh, he watched tv, but his eyes kept glancing at the clock, seemingly everytime the minute hand moved. The countdown on tv began... "Ten..." Forgive me... "Nine..." I can't help you... "Eight..." As usual... "Seven..." I'm powerless... "Six..." To stop... "Five..." Whatever happens to you all... "Four..." I'll see you... "Three..." Soon... "Two..." Good-bye... "ONE! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!"the tv screamed. Michael sighed and stood up to go to bed.

 

He woke violently the next morning. He lay in bed for about ten minutes before admitting defeat and got up and went upstairs where the other bedrooms were. He opened Daniel's door and saw his bed empty. Michael sighed. So it was Daniel. He walked down to Roran's room to tell him and opened the door He was gone. "What's going on?"Michael panicked. He ran to Dante's room to see him gone. He went to Ralph's room and gasped. Three people stood around the bed. He walked into the room and stood just in front of the doorway. "He gone,"Daniel sobbed, looking back at Michael and leaving the room. Dante turned around angrily. "You should have told us sooner!"he said furiously."It wold have softened the blow..." Dante left the room. Michael swallowed. He couldn't tell who it was. His vision was blocked by unshed tears. "Is this what it's like?"the last person asked."Disappearing into nothingness randomly? No good-byes? No farewells? Just disappearing into the strange damnation we've been cursed to?!" "I'm sorry,"Michael muttered. Roran shook his head and looked back at Michael. "Don't apologize,"Roran said quietly."You didn't force this on us." We must simply accept it." And Roran left Michael alone to look at the bed that, hours before, had held the body of their dear friend.



© 2010 Eidolon Michael


Author's Note

Eidolon Michael
And that's it ^_^ That's all of Book 1. Book two coming up next ^_^ Please review :-)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sad face :(

GO BUNNY!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Aww this was sad. Good chapter though...poor Ralph. :(
Keep it up!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow... that was so sad... great chapter! :D

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


OMG IM SO SLOWWWWWWWWW! Lol i though three of them were going to leave. I guess its the way the book is formatted Lol oh well at least Roran is still here yay!!!!!!!!!!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

382 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 23, 2009
Last Updated on April 14, 2010
Previous Versions


Author

Eidolon Michael
Eidolon Michael

The Gates of Zonei, TX



About
My name is Michael and I am 18 years old. I'm a pretty nice guy(mostly) but if I don't like you, I'll tell you so,yeah.I'm really short for a guy (5ft, 6in.) and I'm pretty average weight(125lbs).. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Apathetic wind. Apathetic wind.

A Poem by Matt


Best Friends Best Friends

A Poem by Manda


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by Eidolon Michael