Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A Chapter by Amy Baker

I walked in the door and Jenna was sitting in the living room waiting for me. “What took you so long Zach?”

 

I shrugged. “I just went out to get some fresh air. I never said it was going to be quick.”

 

“Zach just to be clear, if you are trying to figure out my plan from the inside to protect your precious Katie, then you better hope that I don’t find out.”

 

I looked at Jenna straight in the eyes and said the worst thing that made me want to stake myself. “Katie, means nothing to me anymore. Nothing does.” God I want to kill myself now for just saying those words. They were all lies and yet I had to make it seem like the total truth. It was the hardest thing that I’ve had to say in the 100 plus years that I’ve been alive.

 

Jenna just looked at me and said, “Okay then. I guess it’s time to go find her.” I didn’t know what she was talking about.

 

“What do you mean go find her? You know my family won’t let her out of their sight because they think that I can be saved.” I needed to continue to stall. I couldn’t let her know that Katie was here in London. It would ruin my entire plan.

 

“Why find her when she’s right here?” I heard a voice from over by the door. It was Katie’s voice. Did she follow me here? What was she doing? Trent was right behind her. Was he letting her do this?

 

“Wow, Katie, you have impeccable timing. But I do have to ask though, how did you know that we were here?” Katie, what the hell is your plan here?

 

“Well I figured that you would be like Zach’s family and try to fit in so I went to the police office and looked for the latest house that was sold. I just took a random guess from there.” In code, she followed me here. Katie, looked at me and because Jenna’s back was facing me I could look at her and show her that she’s doing something incredibly crazy.  

 

“Well that’s great! Now I can kill you here in front of your boyfriend.” Please tell me you have a plan Katie! I was think that over and over to myself. I couldn’t help her and I couldn’t just stand here and watch Jenna kill her.

 

“Before I let you kill me, I need to know what is this power that you want so badly.”

 

Jenna sighed. “It’s the power to kill someone with just your mind. Trust me you don’t want this power.”

 

“But what if I did?” Katie asked. Then Trent gave her a bottle that was filled with a red liquid. My eyes got wide. “This is Trent’s blood. He agreed to turn me so I didn’t have to feel so much hurt that went with Zach leaving me to go with you.”

 

“Katie, you’re not really going to turn yourself into a vampire.”

 

“Oh yea? Try me.” Katie opened the bottle and started to bring it to her lips.

 

“KATIE! What do you want?” Jenna asked.

 

“I want you to let Zach go.”

 

“Zach doesn’t even have his humanity anymore. Even if I let him go then he wouldn’t necessarily come back to you.”

 

Katie just looked at me. “No you can’t guarantee that he comes back to me but I can live with the fact that he’s not trapped with you.” I just looked at her with wide eyes.

 

Jenna sighed. “I’m sorry Katie. I can’t let you do that.” Just then everything happened so fast. Matilta, Luke, and Jake came out of nowhere and grabbed Trent. Jenna grabbed Katie and started chocking her. I stood there powerless. “Katie, you need to know that it’s never a good idea to try and test me.”

 

Trent was struggling with all three of our enemies holding on to him. Jenna thinks that I have no humanity and that’s why she trusts that I’m not going to do anything. Yet, Katie is struggling with Jenna. What the hell am I supposed to do?

 

“Zach!” Katie, tried to struggle out. She was no match to Jenna’s strength. I wasn’t either but I can’t watch Katie get hurt.

 

“Do you really think that Zach even cares about anything anymore? You lost him. I told you that it would never work between you two.” Jenna threw Katie over to me. I caught her. She wasn’t breathing. She wasn’t moving. I didn’t know what I should do and I didn’t know if I should show Jenna that my humanity was never really gone. I closed my eyes. How could I let this happen anymore? The back of Katie’s head was bleeding. “Aww, isn’t that cute? Zach, it almost looks like you actually do care about if she lives or dies.”

 

I looked up at Jenna with tears in my eye. I knew that I had to act fast. Everything she did, she was doing for evil while I was doing it all for good. She wanted vampires to roam amongst humans while my family and I have done everything we can to hide from humans. I realized that no matter how much I wanted to protect Katie from this world. She was a part of my world. Therefore, protecting her was almost pointless.

 

“Zach you know what to do.” Jenna said. Katie was passed out in my arms.

 

“You’re right Jenna, I do know what to do. I know what I need to do to protect Katie from you.”  I took my wrist and bit it. I knew that I would change her and I knew that I had to deal with that. I just don’t think that I could live in a world without Katie. She kept my temper at the calmest it’s ever been. I knew that if I turned her, we would have to work hard to make sure that she never hurt anyone. But that was a challenge that I was willing to take to help protect her from Jenna.

 

I took the now bloody wrist and gave the blood to Katie. She only took a little bit. “I thought you had no humanity.”

 

“I lied.” I smiled. Trent ripped away from Matilta, Luke, and Jake’s grip. I picked up Katie and walked out the front door. She was going to become a vampire. I had to prepare her family for that. I owed her that much.

 

Trent was following me out and he said to me. “You were too late weren’t you? She’s going to turn.” I nodded. I hated myself right now. 



© 2017 Amy Baker


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on April 23, 2017
Last Updated on April 23, 2017
Tags: the, dark, adventures, katie, zach, trent, matilta, vampires, high school, love, death, torture, kidnap, new power, jenna, original vampires, no humanity


Author

Amy Baker
Amy Baker

Mechanicsburg , PA



About
I am a girl who loves to write. I love to get involved with another world and my books show that. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Amy Baker


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Amy Baker


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Amy Baker