Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by Amy Baker

Part 3: Katie

When I woke up I couldn’t remember a thing. I looked around and I couldn’t find Zach. What the hell happened? I was extremely hungry and my throat was burning. I could tell that I was in Zach’s room back at home. How did I get here? The last thing I remember was trying to get Zach away from Jenna. Just then Zach came in with a cup of what I assumed was blood. I actually knew it was blood because I could smell it. How could I smell the blood from this far away?

 

“Hey, you’re up!” Zach said with a smile on his face. “How are you feeling?” He looked so tired. He looked like he hasn’t had any sleep in days.

 

“I’m really hungry and my throat is burning. What happened?”

 

He sighed and handed me the cup of blood. “Here, drink this. It will help your throat feel better.”

 

I gave him a confused look. “Why are you saying that blood will help?”

 

“Katie, listen. I couldn’t think of another way to protect you from Jenna. I gave you my blood thinking that it wasn’t too late to just heal you. Jenna stopped attacking you because if you died, you would become a vampire. But she knew that it was too late. She knows that you are a vampire now.”

 

“Wait, so I’m a vampire?” He nodded. He looked like I would be mad at him. I took the glass that he was trying to hand to me and drank the blood. It was amazing. The taste made the burning sensation in my throat instantly disappear.

 

He laughed. “You’re already getting the hang of it.”

 

“But, Zach, what about the power that Jenna told us about?” I didn’t know if this power was a problem that we should worry about or not. I just needed to know that I wouldn’t hurt anyone because I don’t think that I could handle it if I did.

 

“I know. We will figure out how to handle it when it becomes a problem okay? Right now, we just have to teach you how to be a vampire that can blend in with everyone else okay?” I nodded. I didn’t know how everything was going to play out but I’m glad that Zach was the one helping me through this. “Okay. Now as a new vampire, your emotions will be heightened and you thirst for blood is going to be the greatest that it ever will be the rest of the time. That’s why we have to teach you how to control it.”

 

“How are you going to do that though?”

 

He laughed a little bit. “Don’t get mad at me okay? She volunteered for this.”

 

“What are you talking about?” I didn’t know whether I should be worried or if I should be mad at him. I was trying not to get mad.  

 

“Just follow me.” I got up and started to follow him out of his room. He went down the stairs and into the living room. Trent and the rest of Zach’s family were sitting in the room and at the center of the room was Sarah. I jumped. I wasn’t expecting to see her here. Then suddenly it hit me.

 

The smell of Sarah’s blood was stronger than the smell of the blood that was in the cup that Zach gave me earlier. I didn’t want to hurt her, but I wanted the blood so badly. I jumped to back and grabbed Zach’s arm. I didn’t want to get any closer to Sarah because if I did, then I would definitely hurt her. “Zach! What’s Sarah doing here?”

 

“Katie, she’s just trying to help. I know that face and you have to take deep breaths. It will help calm the urge to feed.”

 

I looked at him. “And if it doesn’t and I hurt her?” Sarah was my best friend. She was the only friend that I really had. I couldn’t risk the chance of hurting her. Not now when everything is so crazy with me turning into a vampire.

 

“Katie, we are all here for that reason. We won’t let you hurt her. Trust me. I know how hard it is to control it. Just take deep breaths.” I listened to him. I closed my eyes and took slow, deep breaths. When I felt calm enough, I opened my eyes and looked at Sarah.

 

She slowly walked up to me. “Hey K!” Whenever I was scared, she would call me K to calm me down or cheer me up. I just laughed and hugged her. I could feel the tension everyone had around me when I hugged her. Even though I could still smell Sarah’s blood, I didn’t feel so hungry for it any more.

 

“I told you guys that she would be able to handle this.” Zach said poudly. I took a deep breath and then backed away from Sarah so I wouldn’t hurt her. “Katie, are you okay?” Zach asked. I could sense that someone was coming up to the house. I looked outside the window and saw Jenna.

 

“Jenna’s coming.” Zach looked out the window and quickly turned on the TV and turned the volume up.

 

“Katie, take Sarah upstairs. Jenna knows you turned so if she sees Sarah, she’s going to try to get you to feed on her. We can’t let that happen.”

 

I nodded and took Sarah upstairs. We went into Zach’s room. I figured that would be the safest place that Jenna wouldn’t look. I left the door cracked open though so I could hear what was going on downstairs. “Katie, why are we hiding?” Sarah asked.

 

 “We can’t have her try to get me to feed on you. I won’t let that happen. Now please be quiet so I can try to hear what’s going on.” She nodded. I pulled my hair behind my ear and focused on what was going on downstairs.

 

The TV was now off and Jenna was in the living room. “I just wanted to come by and see how your girlfriend was doing. Turning into a cold, blooded killer can be very challenging and tiring to someone like her.

 

“She’s fine. She’s not going to become like you Jenna. I’m going to make sure of that. She’s actually already back in school right now.” Zach what are you doing?

 

“Oh really? Katie, why don’t you come down here and join in on the conversation instead of listening in from upstairs.”

 

I just looked at Sarah. She didn’t hear that Jenna knows that I’m a vampire. “Katie, what is it?”

 

I shook my head. I have six vampires down there protecting me and I am now a vampire. The chances of her trying to hurt me are slim to none. I was so angry with her that I could feel all my rage coming through. I know Zach said that my emotions are heightened but right now rage is on overdrive. “Sarah, stay here.” I left Zach’s room and went downstairs.

 

I rushed downstairs and went to choke Jenna. Zach came up to me and grabbed me to stop me. “Jenna don’t piss her off. She hasn’t had a lot of blood and her emotions are all over the place.”  

 

“Oh really? Her emotions are all over the place?” Jenna had a smile on her face. I wondered what she was planning. She ran upstairs and we all heard Sarah scream. Then I could smell the blood.

 

“Sarah!” I yelled. Jenna came down with Sarah, who had blood running down the side of her neck. I stepped back into Zach who was behind me. I couldn’t hurt Sarah. If I did hurt her I don’t think that I would be able to live with myself. Zach wrapped his arms around me and turned me around.

 

“Katie, block it out. Take deep breaths.” I closed my eyes and tried to do everything that Zach was talking me through, but nothing seemed to be working. Sarah’s blood was so strong and I was so hungry.

 

“Zach, I’m really hungry.”

 

“I know Katie. We will get you something to eat after Jenna leaves. You don’t want to hurt Sarah. The guilt will eat you away.” I tried to take deep breaths. Just then the hunger took over and I ripped myself away from Zach. I ran over to Sarah and then started to feed on the wound that was already there from Jenna.

 

The blood tasted so good that I didn’t want to stop. Trent came up to me and pulled me away from Sarah. “Katie, look. It’s your best friend. You have never wanted to hurt her and you know that.” I sighed.

 

“Sarah, I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to.” Jenna walked out the front door.

 

“You know you’re a vampire and you should really learn to be one correctly.” Just then she walked out the door.

 

Trent went over to Sarah and healed her with his blood. I don’t know if I could live with myself for hurting Sarah. That is probably the worst thing that I have ever done. 



© 2017 Amy Baker


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on April 23, 2017
Last Updated on April 23, 2017
Tags: the, dark, adventures, katie, zach, trent, matilta, vampires, high school, love, death, torture, kidnap, new power, jenna, original vampires, no humanity


Author

Amy Baker
Amy Baker

Mechanicsburg , PA



About
I am a girl who loves to write. I love to get involved with another world and my books show that. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Amy Baker


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Amy Baker


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Amy Baker