51

51

A Chapter by Archia

Number 51

Where’s that magnifying glass. I’ll use my magnifying glass to find it. Waiiiiit, that won’t work. Well scratch that magnifying glass. Let’s go solve a crime. Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar? Don a detective hat, a trench coat and find that handy dandy notebook. And guess what, I’ve already solved my own crime, and turned it into a nice little story (all written down in my handy dandy notebook), that I shall share with you since you asked so nicely (though that may have been the voices in my head).

 

It all started on a dark and stormy night. The wind was cold, the air a summer breeze. I could be found as usual under the pier, a musk stick between my lips. He came up to me, dressed in a blue vet and yellow suede suit. He nodded, passed me an envelope and walked away. I looked at the blank exterior, hoping that it would be my letter for Hogwarts. It wasn’t. Instead it was my next assignment. Where did the missing puzzle piece go? Somewhere out there there was a little girl, crying over her spilt milk. Sorry, wrong case. Rewind. Somewhere out there there was a little girl, crying over not being able to finish her puzzle of Winnie the Pooh. I began by investigating the puzzle. It was the dead of night, the rudest thing to do would be to knock and wake up the houses inhabitants. So picking the window lock (opps smashed the glass) I made my way in. And, gasp, the puzzle had a piece missing! I picked the area with a fine tooth comb (for I had lost my magnifying glass) and found a clue. Handy dandy notebook time. It was a slice of cake and only half eaten. How dare they. I soon solved that problem. I snuck back out and then proceeded to make me way to the puzzle factory. Well, in my mind I did, the puzzle was made in Antarctica and I don’t do cold. That didn’t produce any clues. Although I did find that they sell puzzles for $5.99 (they must employ the penguins). Dawn was coming in, the sun over the sea. I had to keep my perfect track record up to score. 0 solves out of 367. Not knowing what to do, I went back to the house, where the little boy (sorry, girl, you can’t tell with youth these days!) answered the door. They looked me up and down. I didn’t bother explaining. “What do you know about the missing puzzle piece?” Questions first, introductions later. They looked at me in admiration (not to be mistaken for confusion) and then said, “it was under my bed.” That was all I needed. A quick shake of the hand and I was off. The piece had been found. I returned to the pier, awaiting my letter from Hogwarts. And that was how I solved the case of the missing puzzle piece. Another case solved.

If you have any cases needing solving send it to:

UPWHASMOIAINJAWTMMNL

Under a pier in a warm climate

 

And there you have it, my sleuth story. So I’m sure you can go solve a case now. Handy dandy notebook time!



© 2013 Archia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Somewhere out there there was a little girl..." ------- "Somewhere out there, there was a little girl or Somewhere out there, is a little girl I guess it should actually be is a little girl, since you are telling it in the present

"(opps smashed the glass)" ------ oops smashed the glass

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
1 Review
Added on January 7, 2013
Last Updated on January 7, 2013


Author

Archia
Archia

About
Really, I'm just one of you. Come in, sit down, grab a cup of tea and enjoy a good read (now that may be a questionable statement). If there's anything in any of my stories that you want to be exp.. more..

Writing
Is it Worth It? Is it Worth It?

A Story by Archia