11

11

A Chapter by Archia

Number 11.

 

Turn on the television. It’s that box that plays stuff (all manner of stuff). Turn that thing on. Oh, but don’t press THE BIG RED BUTTON. Now once it’s on, flick through the channels a bit. Find a show, any show, and turn the show on mute (this can be done by turning the volume down real low. Just make sure you can’t hear it.

Now that was the easy part. Now, since you can’t hear what they’re saying, you have to interpret it. Make their lines for them (remember to stay on cue).  Don’t forget the animals to! (Raaaaaaw).

You don’t have to write it down (though it may get some people laughing with you) but here’s mine for y’all to look at (Texan accent right there). Hey, and how about you try n’ guess what I’m watching. Ill give you a clue (it’s a sport).

 

Today’s a bright n’ sunny day here in this rainy grassy green place. Welcome y’all to this day of all days, who knows what the cat could fly in.

That’s right Quebert, today is going to be a magnificent day for some of that hand action, and let’s get ready to rumble.

I think the only thing rumbling right now is my stomach, where’s the food. Who ate my croissant? And why are there no cookies in the cookie jar?

All important questions there Quebert, maybe we’ll get to them later.

Iwannagettothemnow!

Quebert, calm down. We’re live here.

Yeah, live as a cookie is in my stomach.

Let’s cross to all the action now… Quebert? Quebert? What are you doing. Ah no. AHHHHHHHHH. Get to the action quick!

Oh and that’s a doosie, he just doesn’t know what hit him.

Well it was that round red thing aye?

Aye? What kind of a word is that? Aye?

My Mummy says it.

Your Mummy, you’re mummy says it!? I don’t well care what your mummy says.

Sorry ay- yes. Yes I said, YES! Now let’s have a look at those stats, that swinging action. Oh and the thump, almost like you can hear it from here.

I’ll thump you.

Quebert? What are you doing here?

I want a cookie.

A cookie?

There’s no cookies in the cookie jar, I want my cookie.

Quebert, they’re in your pocket.

Oh yeah, they are aren’t they. Now that excellent swing action is just top notch whilst that-

 

 

And there you go, any guesses what sport it was. Well, it was that sport with a bat and a ball (no not baseball). Cricket.

So let’s see how your lines go. Who knows, we might have the worlds next Shakespeare.*

*by no intention of mine own do I refer to Shakespeare as either insane of ever being insane.



© 2012 Archia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

line 7: "animals to"---- animals too

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ha. I've done this so many times with movies :)

Indian accent in Pirates of the Caribbean. Sounds great xD

Posted 11 Years Ago


I can make up better lines than any said on television. But you know that by now.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
3 Reviews
Added on July 4, 2012
Last Updated on July 4, 2012


Author

Archia
Archia

About
Really, I'm just one of you. Come in, sit down, grab a cup of tea and enjoy a good read (now that may be a questionable statement). If there's anything in any of my stories that you want to be exp.. more..

Writing
Is it Worth It? Is it Worth It?

A Story by Archia