Chapter 3 ~ Nightmares.

Chapter 3 ~ Nightmares.

A Chapter by 0_o Abbie

Sam stood in a dark room, no light anywhere. She walked forward a few steps then hit a wall. Suddenly the room filled with blinding light, she was in a forest and she saw in the distance her father, she ran towards him, how had he survived? She ran but her movements were slow and sluggish, she saw a man in a mask walking towards her father. The man had a knife. NO! She tried to call out to her father but her voice would not come. The man came up behind her father and she saw the tip of a knife exit his stomach, suddenly she could run faster. The man pulled the knife and ran, she looked down at her father as she reached him. She knealt beside him, but he was gone, there was blood everywhere. Her father's eyes opened and he said, "You could have saved me Sam, you could have saved me." With that he was gone. Suddenly the man was behind her. She stood and ran, she was in a city now running from the man. She turned a corner and ran into an alley. But it was a deadend, she turned about to run out when the man barred her way, she backed up but was cut off by  a wall. She was trapped, the man came closer. He grabbed her by her shirt and held her close to his face, he pulled of his mask to reveal his face. It was her father. "you could have saved me Sam!" With that he threw the knife into her gut.

Samantha sat up panting, she looked around. She was in the guest bedroom at the Billard's, she sighed and looked at the clock, 1 am. She looked around, her blankets were thrown off pillows on the floor. She was in her pajamas, shorts and a tank top. Both were twisted around her body. She took a minute to gather herself and stood fixing her clothes. She was still breathing hard as she tried to remember her dream, all she could remember was her father's face and him stabbing her. She shivered. There was no way she was going back to bed.

She crept toward her door and opened it and stepped out. She looked around. The house was dark and no one out. She walked down the hall, she wanted to talk to Jed but he was asleep. She walked to his door staring at it, she stood there and raised the courage to knock. She raised her hand to the door, and stood there for what seemed like hours, she had almost convinced herself to knock when she lost her nerve. She stood there for a long time, she took a deep breath and heart pounding she was about to knock on the door when it swung open. She yelped and jumped back, (Jed's room was on the second floor, the second story was only half floor the other half was a high ceiling for the first floor, Jed's door was closet to the banister that marked the end of the second floor), She yelped and jumped back, she hit the banister and felt her feet lift of the ground. Realization hit her, I'm falling over the banister. She blindly grabbed but felt nothing. A hand grabbed her shirt and pulled her back on the floor side of the banister.

She gulped and looked up to see a sleepy Jed with a fist full of her shirt. She was again breathing hard. Now she was more jumpy than before.

She realized that Jed had no shirt on and was in his sweat pants. She hadn't seen him without a shirt since he was 15. His shoulders had broadened since then and he had become more muscular. He was always bragging about working out, now she saw he wasn't lying. Why wasn't he wearing a shirt? The next thing she realized was that Jed still had hold of her shirt.

"uh, Jed?'

He blinked and released her shirt, "What are you doing?"

"Why don't you have a shirt on?" She asked still a little distracted by his chest.

He rubbed his eyes, "I don't sleep in a shirt. What are you doing?"

She looked up at him, "Why not?"

He rubbed his face, "Sam what are you doing?"

She realized that was the third time he'd asked that question. "Oh uh," She felt silly now. "I um... What do you mean?" She was still distracted.

"Sam, why were you standing outside my door?"

"I... I can't sleep. What are you doing?"

"Going to the bathroom, Why can't you sleep?" He asked sighing.

"I uh" She tore her eyes away from his chest then looked at him blankly.

He sighed, "I'm going to the bathroom, stay here and organize your thoughts." With that he walked away toward the bathroom.

She just about smacked herself in the face. Just stare at his chest! she thought 'cause that won't freak him out. What do I care about his chest? ugh. She thought about what she was going to say to him. There was no way around it, she'd have to tell him she'd had a nightmare and then tell him she got scared and then tell him she's a loser and then she'd have to go to bed, fall asleep and have another nightmare.
 
She stood and tried to think of another way out. She heard a toilet flush and running water. Great. she thought. He opened the door and walked over, "so why cant' you sleep?"

"it's nothing, I'm fine now." She began to walk away but he grabbed her arm, his hand were cold from the water.

He sighed. "Just tell me, I'll find out eventually."

"I had a nightmare. I was being chased by this man in a mask, he caught me, pulled off his mask, it was my dad he said 'you could have saved me Sam' then he shanked me." She said mumbling. She pushed his hand off her arm.

"So, are you okay now?"

In truth the last thing she wanted to do was be by herself. "I really don't want to be alone." she confessed.

He nodded, "come on you can hang out with me. We can watch tv or something."

They went into his bedroom and he turned on the tv, he had 2 beanbags in his room. He sat on his bed and she set the beanbags next to one another and layed out there. She watched tv until her eyes wouldn't stay open and she faded into sleep.






© 2011 0_o Abbie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

the banister explanation thing confused me.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
1 Review
Added on January 31, 2011
Last Updated on February 4, 2011


Author

0_o Abbie
0_o Abbie

TX



About
**Notice. Hi there. If you wanna be my friend then message me, talk to me, don't just send my a request. :D Thanks!** I'm just a teenage girl with tons of stories in my head with a little trouble g.. more..

Writing
Fluffy Fluffy

A Poem by 0_o Abbie