Chapter 20 ~ The Letter.

Chapter 20 ~ The Letter.

A Chapter by 0_o Abbie

Dear Samantha,

If you are reading this it's because I'm dead and he's after you and your brothers. I suppose I should explain who the 'he' is. His name is Bruce Wakely.

But before I get into that I have to tell you something. I love you. You are my jewel and my light. You're beautiful Samantha, never forget it. Never. You are worth so much Sam. You are so much better than I could've ever imagined you. Your beautiful blue eyes and your golden hair. You look just like your mother. I love you so much Samantha. Don't morn me. Don't you even dare. Go on with your life. Don't ever let me stop you from doing what you're meant to do. I love you Sam. And tell that boy, whoever he is, that special boy that loves you, tell him that if he ever hurts you I'll rise from the grave and beat him senseless.

I can imagine you rolling your eyes. Thinking "oh dad.". Now you imagine my smiling at you and giving you a huge hug and never letting you go. Imagine that every time you cry Sam. I will always be with you. I love you Sam. Never forget it. Never.

--

Bruce Wakely is a scientist who worked for the government. A very long time ago, before I'd even seen your mother. At that time I was a soldier, a medic. I happened to have the right genetic code and I became a test subject for a new drug Wakely was creating. This chemical, or drug, gives a person the ability to manipulate a certain substance. Or element.
Myself and a few others were injected with the drug. I came to manipulate fire. We became known as the E.M.s.

Bruce Wakely was a very wealthy man from birth and was very well known at the time. Not for his work in the government which was never published, but simply for his stature and his many restaurants. At which he held many parties. The team was invited to the opening to a certain restaurant of his.

It was there I first saw Wakely's daughter, who later became your mother. I was immediately enchanted by her. Tall, beautiful blue eyes and long blonde hair who wouldn't have been? I loved her in that moment. And with some great effort on my part she fell in love with me, eventually. But I did not trick her into loving me. You have to understand that Samantha.

Wakely was unaware of our growing affections and was becoming more and more obsessed with his work. He was near at his breaking point when I professed my love for his daughter. He became furious. He didn't speak to her for 5 months. She was heart broken. But she still loved me. Eventually we decided to marry. She called her father to tell him. I was with her at the time. I heard him scream at her, he was convinced I'd tricked her into loving me. My heart broke Samantha, my heart broke because she was breaking. She loved her father very much. But she loved me as well. She rationalized that her father would come around. I told her we didn't have to marry. I told her that I would wait for her. But she refused.You're like her in that way Sam. Stubborn. Unwilling to bend.

The day we were to wed, Wakely called me. He told me that I had killed his daughter. That it was my fault she was drawing away from him. I tried to tell him that she still loved him. But he wouldn't listen. He swore I would pay.

Meanwhile, he was becoming more and more erratic. Soon after we were married he was fired. This, I think, was what finally pushed him over the edge. Your mother never heard from him again. We enjoyed a happy 15 year marriage. Right up until that day she died. Up until she was taken from me.

I loved her Sam. She was my goddess. My one true love. You are so much like her it hurts. You look exactly like her, you talk exactly like her. You even have her name. You and your brothers are why I could live past that day. You four are the reason I was there to help raise you.

I haven't thought of Wakely in 27 years. 27 years without even a passing thought. Until yesterday. Yesterday I received a call. From Bruce Wakely. He told me that he had figured out how to get revenge on me for stealing his daughter. He said he knew about you four. He said he was going to take revenge on you because you were the children of a lie. He said he was going to start with the youngest. He is going to try to kill you Sam. But I will not let that happen.

I called General Tiger, my old boss. He promised to track down Wakely and make sure he never even saw you. He promised Sam. I will hold him to that promise Sam. Trust him, Sam. He is the only one that can help you. He will not allow Wakely to harm you.

And one last thing. The chemical that mutated me, could be passed on genetically. You or brothers could have this mutation. General Tiger will test you. If you have it Sam, do not fear. Develop your power, but do not let it control you.

That's all the help I can give you Sam. Just remember. I love you. My light my jewel.

Sincerely,
     Your Father, Jackson Green


© 2011 0_o Abbie


Author's Note

0_o Abbie
Tell me how this sounds. If some of the story is unlikely. I know this is a stretch but I couldn't think of anything else. :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Dont say you couldnt think of anything else! say this was the best you could come up with :)
and i think its cool. rly sci-fi sounding. like something my dad would read and like, lol.
in the 3rd and 4th to last paragraphs, you say "Sam" alot...like alot.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
1 Review
Added on April 12, 2011
Last Updated on April 12, 2011


Author

0_o Abbie
0_o Abbie

TX



About
**Notice. Hi there. If you wanna be my friend then message me, talk to me, don't just send my a request. :D Thanks!** I'm just a teenage girl with tons of stories in my head with a little trouble g.. more..

Writing
Fluffy Fluffy

A Poem by 0_o Abbie