Chapter 9 ~ The Knock.

Chapter 9 ~ The Knock.

A Chapter by 0_o Abbie

Sam looked at the door quickly. They were just about to pass it. The man looked at her then at the door, then back to her. "Take care of it. Keep them out of the house, tell them to go away."

Sam nodded. Fear rose up into her throat. She felt like it was choking her. The man pushed her to the door, he stood behind the door and let her go but pulled out his gun. She got the message. She slowly opened the door.

It was a man on the other side, he was about an inch taller than Sam and was smiling. He was about 30 and his age showed on his face. He had red hair and blue eyes and for an old guy Sam didn't think he looked half bad. She smiled at him.

"Hello, my name is Jackson Billard."

What the heck? Jackson Billard you can't be serious. Her father's first name and Jed's last name. Something's wrong.

He offered his hand palm up. There was something written on his palm, it read. "Move out of the way." Sam looked at his palm then took his hand, with her other hand she pointed at the door. She pointed at the door with her hand in the universal signal of gun.

"I'm Samantha Green." She said, still stunned.

"Excuse me miss, I was wondering if you'd be moving anytime soon." Then he winked and added. "I'm interested in the house."

Sam nodded, then without looking at the man with the gun she jumped to the side. The door swung open, smacking the gunman to the ground. The man charged in and pulled the trigger on the gunman, it was quiet, she knew he had to be using a silencer, she'd seen that one tv once. Sam looked at the body for a second, the man's still eyes and the growing red staining his shirt. Sam began to feel nauseated and her father's words came to her mind 'What is seen cannot be unseen.' She closed her eyes and held her stomach.

More men filled in the door. The red head took Sam by the shoulders, "I need you to tell me who is in this house and how many guns there are."

Sam met his eyes, uncomprehending then with a flash of understanding said. "My three brothers, Jed and his father, and my brother's pregnant wife. There are four..." one of them was dead. "well three men with guns, there is another man named Bruce wakely in the office. Everyone else is in the dining room."

He nodded. "Good girl. Where's the office?"

Sam pointed to the door off the man room.

"Where's the dining room?"

Sam pointed down the hallway.

"Okay thank you. We're gonna get them out, don't worry. It'll be okay." He looked to one of the other men and said, "Stay with her, don't let her see anything."

The man was young. Not even 30 she guessed. He nodded and the other men moved away, she watched them go. Her attention was drawn to the young man when he spoke.

"What?"

"My name is Arthur. What's your name?" He asked her.

"Sam. My name is Sam."

"Okay Sam. Let's go outside, alright?" His tone was gentle.

She looked at him. "But what about..."

"They'll be fine, come on. Let's go."

She furrowed her eyebrows and then nodded, "Okay." She heard a shot and Jessica scream, She heard men yelling but couldn't make out the words. She made out a sound of Calvin yelling. She looked toward the hallway and tried to run to her family, but Arthur took her arm and pushed her out the door. Another shot. Then another.

Arthur pulled her outside and towards one of the three trucks that hadn't been there before. "Wait my brothers and Jed are still in there."

"It's gonna be alright." He said as they reached the truck.

"No, I have to help." she turned to run for the house. He grabbed her wrapping both his arms around her from behind.

"Listen to me Sam. You can't help you'll just get in the way. You need to let them do their job." HIs breath was hot on her face.

Sam stopped struggling as she realized he was right. He let her go and she turned to him. He let down the truck bed and motioned for her to come over. She did and he lifted her up and onto the gate. She was impressed. She looked back towards the house and Arthur began to speak to her.

"So you mentioned Jed, is he your boyfriend?" Arthur knew this would be a distracting question which is why he asked it.

Sam looked down at him, and laughed. She realized the stupidity of the situation, here she was sitting outside a house with a gun war going on inside, hostages and some guy just asked her if Jed was her boyfriend which is one of the most controversial questions in the universe. "I have no idea." She said.

He looked at her curiously. "You don't know?"

She smiled. "That's the truth." She looked back at the house and saw that a man was running out, it was Bruce. "Look it's Bruce Wakely."

Arthur was immediately tense and aware. He grabbed Sam off the truck and pulled her down behind the wheel. He knelt beside her and pulled her legs in so she was completely shielded by the wheel of the truck. She heard a shot, and Arthur pulled her closer to him.

"Aren't you going to get him?" She whispered as an engine started.

Arthur shook his head. "My job is to stay with you and protect you."

A car drove down the drive and onto the rode speeding away.

"Arthur!" A voice called, Sam recognized it as the blonde man's voice. Arthur stood and offered a hand to Sam. She took it and stood. She looked over the truck to see everyone coming out of the house. Except... except Calvin.

Sam ran around the truck and ran into Tom who was closest to her. He wrapped his arms around her and asked if she was okay. She nodded then asked "Where's Calvin?"

She felt Tom tense as he said. "He was shot."

She stood up "What!?"

"He'll be fine. Don't worry." He said.

She couldn't process this. But her thoughts were interrupted by Arthur saying, "We need to get out of here."

Arthur tapped Sam, she turned around. "You are going to need some cloths let go up to you room and get them. Can you get everyone else's too?" Sam nodded and he said "Okay good, let's go then."


© 2011 0_o Abbie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

spell check: last paragraph "clothes"

there was ALOT of action in that one. didnt make much sense. im guessing youre going to explain some more?

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Added on February 2, 2011
Last Updated on February 3, 2011


Author

0_o Abbie
0_o Abbie

TX



About
**Notice. Hi there. If you wanna be my friend then message me, talk to me, don't just send my a request. :D Thanks!** I'm just a teenage girl with tons of stories in my head with a little trouble g.. more..

Writing
Fluffy Fluffy

A Poem by 0_o Abbie