Chapter 14 ~ Where is There.

Chapter 14 ~ Where is There.

A Chapter by 0_o Abbie

When Sam was finally coherent enough to speak and be understood, she asked Jed, "Where are we going?"

"San Luis Potosi, Mexico." He said.

She had to stifle a laugh, Jed's accent was clearly visible even to someone who had only been taking Spanish for 2 yrs. He looked at her sharply and she shook her head and looked around, there was something missing, or somethings. "Where are my brothers?"

"Different plane, they'll come in later." He said laying his head against the seat. "You were really out of it."

Sam giggled, "Yeah I was. But I do remember one thing very clearly, and that's you cursing Arthur multiple times." She turned to gauge his reaction.

He closed his eyes, "He's an idiot, and he could have killed you. Do you know how many times I got asked if you were okay? While being eyed suspiciously? He should know how much to give you. And if he doesn't then he shouldn't give you any in the first place. I don't like him."

Sam just shook her head "Of course you don't like him" She mumbled as she turned to look out the window. "So do you have any idea what this is all about?"

Jed sighed, "That is the mystery. The only things that are clear are, 1st is that they want you and your brothers, you're 'important', " he made quotation marks with his fingers, " 2nd they, whoever they are, have been watching this Wakely guy pretty closely."

"huh. He was really creepy."

"I meant to ask you, what happened when they took you away?" He looked over at her.

Sam shrugged, "I don't know really, he just kept asking about my mom. It seemed like he didn't know she was dead. He asked me how old I was and..." She flashed back to his cold gun on her thigh. " I don't know. He knew my dad is... gone. Which is weird." She didn't state what she knew they both were thinking, did he kill her father?

"How could he know your mom was dead, but not your dad. Your mom's been dead for like your whole life right?"

Sam nodded, "This is all so weird."

Jed nodded. "Well, hopefully it'll be over soon."

"Do you think that... Like could it be possible that the guy, Wakely... That he did something with my dad, like killed him or something?"

Jed studied her for a second then answered. "If he did then why would he care about us?"

Sam thought about this then said, "What if it's a revenge thing?"

Jed shrugged, "Could be. I'd prefer not to think about it. I mean we're safe now. And will be for a while at least."

Sam nodded, "I hope so."After a while she yawned and asked, "So where is your mom? Do you know?"

He shook his head, "Supposedly they're gonna take care of her and get her to San Luis Potosi."

Sam giggled again at his accent. He looked at her sharply, "What's with the snickering?"

She shook her head and looked up at the ceiling of the airplane. "You're just funny."

He rolled his eyes, "What's so funny?"

She smiled and said, "You're cute that's all." Her use of the word cute brought her mind back to when he's confessed his feelings for her and she's kissed him. Man that feels like forever ago. She thought.

He raised an eyebrow, "Cute?"

Sam nodded. "What's wrong with cute?"

"I am 6'4" and therefore I am NOT cute."

She rolled her eyes, "Cute has nothing to do with size."

He narrowed his eyes. "You do not call men cute."

Sam laughed, "I don't call MEN cute. I call you cute."

He looked at her, seemingly at a loss for words. "Are you saying I'm not a man?"

This only made her laugh all the more, "I'm saying you're cute."

"Quit laughing, this isn't funny." He said sternly.

"On the contrary, it's hilarious." He looked away and she put a hand on his. "Oh come on Jed. It's not a bad thing. Besides, I don't want you to be a man. Men are... like my brothers or my dad. You are..." She hesitated, what was he? He looked at her waiting expectantly for her to finish her sentence, " You aren't any of those things." She finally concluded, figuring that was the safest answer.

"I'm not any of those things? That's it?" He said studying her closely.

Sam looked away, "Well you aren't are you?"

He mumbled something and then louder said, "I was hoping for something a little more."

Sam wasn't sure what had happened since the porch incident and was unsure how he felt. Plus to add to the confusion this (if it was anything) was her first real relationship. Other than the 2nd grade kisses under the slide, her kiss with Jed was her first.  She didn't know if what happened made them a couple. She just didn't know so she was quiet. Then she thought of a better way to handle it. "What am I to you?" She asked turning to look at him.

He sighed, "My best friend" He paused and took in a breath looking curiously at her.

She didn't know what her next step should be. Jed had girlfriends, Sam hadn't. She turned and looked out the window. Too afraid that she'd make a mistake. She just stared out at the clouds that blanketed the Earth she knew layed below.


© 2011 0_o Abbie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on February 21, 2011
Last Updated on April 9, 2011


Author

0_o Abbie
0_o Abbie

TX



About
**Notice. Hi there. If you wanna be my friend then message me, talk to me, don't just send my a request. :D Thanks!** I'm just a teenage girl with tons of stories in my head with a little trouble g.. more..

Writing
Fluffy Fluffy

A Poem by 0_o Abbie