Chapter 19 ~ Mr. Military Man.

Chapter 19 ~ Mr. Military Man.

A Chapter by 0_o Abbie

Sam looked herself over on the mirror. She had forgotten to pack makeup in the rush, so she looked very... "natural". Tom and her father had always told her that she didn't need it but she never believed them. They were guys, what did they know? But she shrugged, if she'd had it she probably wouldn't have felt lie putting it on. She looked over herself, Kermit the frog shirt and dark jeans. She sighed then told her reflection, "This is as good as it gets."

She exited the bathroom and slipped on her shoes leaving the room. This was the first time since they'd arrived that she'd been outside the room. The air spoke of morning, calmly whispering in her ear that crisp fresh air surrounded her. She took a deep breath. Morning air. It always did so much to calm her. She glanced out at the view that had stunned her yesterday. The view was impressive still, the calm of the morning just seemed to enhance it's beauty. She sighed and began walking in the direction of the dinning room.

She was curious as to what this is all about. Why would this Wakely guy care about a dead doctor's family? Maybe he was a family member of a patient who her father couldn't save during surgery. But still, why would he have mentioned her mother? The family members of a patient wouldn't know about her father's family or her mother at all. It just didn't make sense. Or could it be that this had nothing to do with him being a doctor? But then what? Her father's life consisted of two things, work and family. That's it that's all. Who could possibly care so much about him to want his family?

By this time she reached the doors leading to the reception area. She pushed through them and made her way farther into the building finding the dinning room, just where she'd assumed it'd be. She looked around for her brothers and found them sitting at a table by the window. As she approached she heard the other man speaking, "All I'm saying Tomas is that the less people we have around you four the better." His tone screamed military.

Sam stood above Calvin's chair not sure what exactly to do. Calvin looked up then said, "Excuse me."

The man looked over at Calvin then up at Sam, Sam immediately wanted to look away but held his gaze. If he wanted to intimidate her he was going to have to do better than that. She stared him down as he casually looked her over, then he smiled. "You must be Samantha. He offered his hand. "I'm general Tiger."

Sam took the hand out of politeness and tried to keep the disbelief out of her expression. General Tiger, really? Instead of voicing her disbelief she simply said, "Please to meet you. Call me Sam."

The general smiled at this, "Pleasure's all mine, Sam." Then his smile grew and he said, "You look just like your mother."

Sam's expression immediately darkened. "You knew my mother?"

He nodded. "I did."

Sam continued to question him with her eyes. But he simply smiled at her. Sam made a snap decision not to trust this man. "Did you know my father as well?"

The general nodded. "I did. I was very sorry to hear about his death." He said monotone.

Sam narrowed her eyes. Didn't sound very sorry. This is what really made her mad. People who really don't care if you live or die, saying they're 'sorry' for your loss. Then she caught something, he didn't say he was sorry for her loss, he said he was sorry her father died. Almost like it was his loss. "Oh really?" She said without thinking. "I didn't see you at the funeral. I mean I know you're busy and all but you did have 6 months to get there."

"Sam!" Tom chastised. "That was rude. Apologize."

Sam continued to glare at the man then finally turned to Tom. "I refuse to be lied to."

She glanced back at the general who was grinning all the more. "You are just like your father. I swear that's exactly what he would've said."

To Sam's surprise he didn't sound angry, or even irritated. Just slightly amused. She was now more intrigued by him than ever.

The general turned to Tom and said, "I appreciate you all coming here to talk with me. I have something for each of you. A letter from you father explaining what this is all about. He said that if anything ever happened to him and Wakely appeared to give these letters to each of you." The general grabbed his briefcase and set it on his lap. He opened it and pulled out four letters. Each had a name one it, Thomas, Calvin, Kyle, and Samantha.

Sam stared open mouthed.




© 2011 0_o Abbie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

yay! explanations :D love em...

first par: "if she'd had it she probably wouldn't have felt lie putting it on." lie?

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
1 Review
Added on April 11, 2011
Last Updated on April 11, 2011


Author

0_o Abbie
0_o Abbie

TX



About
**Notice. Hi there. If you wanna be my friend then message me, talk to me, don't just send my a request. :D Thanks!** I'm just a teenage girl with tons of stories in my head with a little trouble g.. more..

Writing
Fluffy Fluffy

A Poem by 0_o Abbie