Chapter 10 ~ The Body.

Chapter 10 ~ The Body.

A Chapter by 0_o Abbie

Sam and Arthur went into the house. As they walked in the door, he went in first and stood just beyond the door blocking her view of the body she knew layed just beyond the door. She walked in and tried not to look but the image of the man's cold still eyes and bloody shirt haunted her in the back of her mind.

She went threw all the rooms and gather whatever cloths and stuff she could think of, in total she packed 5 suit cases. She grabbed whatever she thought she couldn't live without and what she thought others couldn't live without. Arthur carried all the suitcases down the stairs and out to the trucks. She handed him the last suitcase and he carried it down the stairs. She looked around the room and decided enough was enough. She climbed down the stairs and went towards the door. As she did she told herself not to look at the body. But as she opened the door she glanced at the body, then she couldn't look away. She stared and stared and no matter what she told herself, she couldn't look away. What if he had a family? A daughter who's now stuck without a father, just like me? Is there a girl out there somewhere that's gonna be crying? What if he has a pregnant wife, what if this is a Tom? And his Jessica is out there somewhere? What if he's a big brother to someone? What if he was alone, had no one to love? He died alone. Does someone out there love him? She found herself asking these questions. Tears sprang to her eyes as she looked at the dead man, she knelt beside him and closed his eyes.

Arthur walked in the door and grabbed her arm, pulling her out of the daze she'd drifted into. "Samantha, you shouldn't have done that." He turned her around to face him gripping both her shoulders.

She looked at him, "What if he had a family? What if he had a daughter?" Tears now streaked her face.

"Listen to me." Arthur said his voice suddenly cold."He forfeited his life when he invaded this home and threatened to kill you. He deserves what he got."

"But did his family deserve to lose him?" She asked turning her head to look at the man.

Arthur took her face and blocked her view, "He deserted them when he came here. It's his fault they have to live without him, not yours, not mine, not anyone's. Okay?"

She cried and nodded. He lead her out to the car and opened the door for her to slide in. Jed was in the back and 2 men sat in the front. She slid in next to Jed and Arthur slid in after her.

Jed saw her tears and wrapped his arm around her and she leaned into him as they went down the drive. "What's wrong?" He asked softly.

She nearly laughed and shook her head. She missed her dad.



© 2011 0_o Abbie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on February 3, 2011
Last Updated on February 4, 2011


Author

0_o Abbie
0_o Abbie

TX



About
**Notice. Hi there. If you wanna be my friend then message me, talk to me, don't just send my a request. :D Thanks!** I'm just a teenage girl with tons of stories in my head with a little trouble g.. more..

Writing
Fluffy Fluffy

A Poem by 0_o Abbie