Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

A Chapter by Brittana0909

Adrianna’s POV

It’s been two weeks since my brunch with Mackenzie and since then we’ve seen each other almost every day. We’ve gotten hot chocolate and lunches. We’ve gone to the movies to see the new Mila Kunis movie. I invited her over to my place earlier this week when I knew Autumn would be at my mom’s, but she said it was too soon. Whatever that means.

            Even after just two weeks, it doesn’t even feel like we were ever apart. I feel that I truly have my best friend back and I’ve prayed every night to thank God for bringing her back into my life. I’m glad that my family hasn’t really pushed me for any information and they haven’t tried to put in their two cents and advice for how I should handle and deal with all this. Not that they were really like that throughout my life, but when everything went down with Autumn’s dad, they started getting a little more protective.

            I can tell Lilly is really happy that I gave Mackenzie her number, though. I guess they’ve been texting almost every day and they have a friendship on a totally different level from when we were in high school. I’m really glad that Lilly has someone else to talk with aside from Holly. She has friends her age, of course, but Lilly has always been really mature for her age, because of our family dynamics. Aside from her best friend, Becca, who she’s known since they were three, she has always gravitated towards adults.

            I sometimes think that’s how Autumn is going to grow up, because there’s no other kids her age in the family. I can’t believe my little girl is going to turn one in just four more days! She is going to be so smart and a little dancer, I can already tell. I think I’m going to invite Mackenzie to her birthday party. I know my family is excited to see her again, since I’ve been keeping our ‘getting to know each other’ sessions pretty hush-hush and never where my family would be. I just really wanted to get to know her again at our own pace, but we pretty much caught up within the first few days. Every day after that is just hanging out and talking about whatever from when we wake up to the time we go to bed. Nothing’s really changed between us.

            I wonder how Autumn will react to Mackenzie though. Kenz is wonderful with kids, but Autumn only ever really hangs out with family and if Becca is hanging with Lilly. I’ve noticed lately, though, that she gets really smiley and happy when people comment her at the store or when I run into an old friend. She just wants to babble their ear off, so hopefully she’ll react the same way to Kenzie.

            “Adrianna, are you going to actually participate in the planning of your daughter’s birthday party or are you just going to stand there staring like a crazy person?” My mamí interrupts my thoughts. It’s probably a good thing since we’re standing in the middle of the Disney isle at the party store.

            “Lo siento, but why did we wait this late to plan this party? Invites went out a month ago.” My mother just glares at me as to say not to question things at this point. I sigh. “I’ll help, but she doesn’t like the princesses that much. She’s really into Finding Nemo, so we’re going to have to get creative. How about we throw a luau party? That way she can have fish and things, but it’s not completely childish, since most of the guests are adults.”

            “Okay, we’ll do that. Do you have anyone you’re adding last minute to the guest list? So far, there’s me and papí, you, Miguel and Alison, Carlos and Holly, Nickayla, Lilly and Becca. Both sets of abuelos. Also, the forty plus extended family and friends that have RSVP’d. Are Amanda and Emily coming or anybody from your program?” She questions as we turn down the tropical luau isle. Parties with a Latina family are never small.

            “Amanda and Emily are saying right now that they’ll come, but they’ve been really weird with me ever since that day I found Kenzie, so who knows. Count them anyway just in case. I’ll probably have around five people from my class and a couple have kids and spouses, so add another fifteen to be safe.” I pick up a large selection of bags that contain plastic fish and other toys for the kids to play with while my mother picks out the bigger decorations.

            “Okay, what’s going on with Nick? Is he actually going to step up as a father?” I roll my eyes while my mom carries on like she’s talking about the weather. “It’d be nice for him to actually see her for her birthday, since he hasn’t seen her for what, three months? It was March. He needs to know that he can’t just come and go out of her life.”

            “Lo sé, mamí, pero he pays child support and still has visitation rights. I can’t just take that away from him. She’s his daughter too. Don’t get me wrong, I hate the s**t that..”

            “Lengua, mija.”

            “Yea, I know, but he does get on my nerves and I don’t always want him in and out of her life. Hopefully once he comes back out here then things will be better, but who knows. Right now, he doesn’t even seem interested in her. Anyway, he’s still in New York for law school, so he won’t be coming and I barely know his family, but they are sending gifts. So, don’t add any for them.”

            We finish up at this store and the two of us push the full carts up to the front to check out. “Okay, is there anyone else you can think of?” She asks as she starts piling our items on the counter.

            I look down sheepishly and hesitate. I know my family would love to see Mackenzie, but I just don’t know how they’ll react having me bring her around for the first time at my daughter’s birthday party. “Umm.. I have another person in mind, but I haven’t asked them yet.”

            “Well, who is it? Will they have anyone joining them?” She asks, but the glint in her eyes tell me she already has an idea of who I’m talking about. I frown when I try and pay for the items, but my mother pushes my card away to hand the clerk her own. While as a teenager, I wouldn’t have protested, it kind of sucks when you can’t help pay for your own daughter’s party. We start walking out to the car before I answer.

            “I want to invite Mackenzie. She’s my best friend, even after everything in the last two years, and it just wouldn’t be right not to invite her.” I hand her the bags to put into the trunk as I’m talking. “I know everyone hasn’t seen each other since the breakup, but I know she misses you and papí and Lilly’s been talking to her. Carlos got mad at first that I didn’t tell you guys I saw her. I don’t know. I just really want her there.”

            I hear her laugh as we get into the car. “It’s fine! It’s your daughter’s birthday. Invite who you want. I know I would love to see her again and catch up. Is it just going to be her or are you going to invite the Rivera’s?”

            I groan thinking that I’ll have to share Autumn’s birthday party with Naya, but they are Mackenzie’s family and Yolanda is friends with my mom, so I can’t just not invite them. “Yea, I’ll invite them. So, including Mackenzie, that’s six more. I think we’re done then.”

            “Six? Oh, Lea! Mychal’s girlfriend, sí?”

            “How much do you and Yolanda actually talk about? And how do you not mention any of this to me?”

            “Well, we only mention what is public news. I didn’t know anything about Mackenzie, so obviously we don’t tell each other everything. No es mi mejor amiga, Adrianna. We are just in the same social groups. We just talk about the things that are public knowledge. Mychal is a football player, así obviously, people are going to know who he’s dating.”

            “Okay, well, I think we’re good with decorations for now. I can’t think of anything else.” A couple minutes later, we pull up to my childhood home and start unpacking. “Most people are going to be in and out of the pool and hot tub anyway; so we don’t need to decorate inside at all. I’ll come over Friday afternoon to help with grocery shopping and Autumn and I will just stay here that night.”

            I help my mom finish unloading all our bags from the multiple stores we went to that morning for party supplies and last minute presents. We make lunch for Lilly and Becca who were watching Autumn for me and my daughter and I head home.

            Around 5pm, just as I was getting up to start dinner, I hear my phone go off and immediately smile knowing who it was, because she’d just be getting home from hanging out with Eric, Ryan, and Amanda.

            “Moshi moshi!”

            “You know that isn’t really ‘hello’ in Japanese right?”

            “So, I’ve been told, but you love it anyway.” I smirk through the phone and I can hear her friends, trying to stay quiet, but laughing in the background, though it doesn’t sound like I’m on speaker. “How are you today, mommy?”

            “I’m good.” She rushes. “Umm, listen. What are you doing around 7:00?”

            “Tonight?” I scrunch my face in confusion and look at the clock. “Nothing. I was just making dinner now for-”

            “No don’t!” Again, her friends are cracking up. “I, uh, just mean.” There’s a long pause.

            “Macken-.”

            “Willyougoonadatewithme?”

            She spoke so fast that it stunned my thought process a little, even though I know what she said. I must have taken a little longer than I thought to come back, because she starts panicking. “Never mind, I knew I shouldn’t have asked.”

            “Macke-.”

            “I just thought everything was going really good with us and I really miss you, Ade, like I love our friendship..”

            “Kenz-.”

            “..but let’s face it we never really had just a friendship and..”

            “Mackenzie Lynn!” I shout into the phone to finally get her to stop rambling. The line goes silent, but I can still hear her friends talking in the background, so I know she didn’t hang up. “I’ll go out with you.”

            “A-are you serious?”

            “Of course! I just have to figure out who can watch Autumn for me.”

            “Okay! I’ll pick you up around 7:00, because reservations are at 7:30.” I can practically hear her thousand watt smile through the phone and I briefly wonder if I should ask how she got reservations this late in the day, but I decide to let it go.

            “Okay, Kenzie. I’ll be ready.” I smile into the phone and go to hang up the phone when I hear Eric and Amanda start freaking out in the background again. Those two, I swear, will always be the same.

            I look over at Autumn who is smiling back at me, like she knows something is up. Her eyes are wide and she just looks like she’s ready to listen to whatever ramblings I need to get off my chest.. which is what I start to do.

            “Okay, baby girl.” I start talking to her as she follows me into her room, so I can get her ready to go. “We’re going to get you some pajamas packed and some diapers and your bedtime bottle and you’re going to go to Uncle Carlos and Aunt Holly’s house. Mama has a very important night tonight, but I promise I’ll come pick you up later.”

            I continue to talk to her while I grab her things and change her diaper. “Don’t worry, I’ll be sure that you two meet soon. She’ll be at your birthday party this weekend at tu abuelos’ house. You’ll love her, Autumn. She’s so nice and super pretty.” I whisper the last part to her and she giggles.

            “Okay! Let’s call Aunt Holly.” I put mini me on her bedroom floor and sit down next to her, crisscross-applesauce, and pull her to sit in my lap. I start the call and put it on speaker, lock the phone and hand it to Autumn.

            “Hello?”

            “Hey Holly!” I greet and Autumn squeals into the phone.

            “Well hello, baby girl, and how are you tonight?” I let them have a small conversation with Holly asking questions and Autumn babbling away. She really is a social butterfly.

            “Anyway, Holls, would you be able to watch Autumn for a couple hours tonight? Just until like ten? It’s really important and I promise I’ll let you and everyone know tomorrow or sometime this week what’s going on, but I really really need this.” I beg.

            “It’s no problem. Carlos is leaving for Monday Night Poker in a little bit anyway, so I’ll just be hanging out at home.”

            “Oh my gosh! Thank you so much! I have all her stuff ready. She hasn’t eaten dinner yet, but I have everything else ready. We’ll be over in ten minutes.”

            We say our goodbyes and I pack up Autumn and her things into the car to drop her off. When I get home, I rush through a shower and blow dry my hair. Luckily, I had just gone with Nicka a couple days ago to get a manicure and pedicure, so I didn’t have to worry about that. I curl my hair and do my makeup. When I’m done with all that, I find my phone on the charger and it’s 6:45. I have fifteen minutes to figure out what I’m going to wear. I don’t even know where we’re going!

            I rush through my closet. I don’t want to get too fancy, but I don’t just want to wear jeans and a t-shirt either. I find a blue peasant skirt that I have yet to wear. Peasant skirts aren’t too casual right? I remember I bought some jewelry to match the skirt, so I quick run to my bathroom and find the earrings and matching necklace. Now I just have to find a top. I rush back to my closet and my eyes instantly lock with a tank top/jean jacket combo. While the outfit isn’t totally dressy, I can’t imagine we’re going anywhere five-star on our second first date. God, I hope not, at least.

            I’m dressed and putting on my sandals when I hear the doorbell. I look at my phone 7:00 on the dot. Of course. I walk to the door and my jaw drops. While she isn’t completely dressy either, she looks beautiful in her pink dress. She has a skinny belt extenuating her stomach and nude heels on. Her hair is loosely curled and she has a braid going around the side of her head.

            “Wow.” We both say at the same time. I look up and see her blushing. “Are you ready?” She asks me.

            “Yea, let me just grab my purse.” I grab my purse and lock up the apartment.

            “Where’s Autumn?”

            “I brought her over to my brother’s place already.” I tell her as we step into the elevator. For a moment, I look over to her and think I see disappointment flash across her face, but as quick as I see it, it’s gone again.

            “Okay. That’s nice. Does she have fun there?”

            “Oh yea. Everyone spoils her no matter where she goes.” I laugh.

            We continue to make small talk while on the way to the restaurant. When we get there I smile sadly when I see where she made our reservations. The restaurant was new the last time we came here and we’ve only been once.. on our last date.

            “I don’t want us to have bad memories of this place. I want happy memories! So, we’re coming here and I’m praying that everything goes well tonight so I can have those happy memories.” The blonde rambles and I grab her hand to stop her movements out of the car. She turns and blue eyes lock with brown.

            “Everything will go great tonight.” I tell her softly with a smile on my face. I really believe that. I thought about it the entire time I was getting ready for tonight. This morning, I was perfectly content with just having my best friend back, but the more I thought about it and hearing that Kenzie missedme. I think I subconsciously wanted this all along. I mean, why else would I be waiting for her and Autumn to meet? I didn’t want something to not work out and then Autumn would have another person out of her life, just like Nick.

            I really want all this to work out and I know it will. We’re meant to be together. We thought that even when we were teenagers. We were apart for almost two years and, obviously, things changed and we dated other people, but deep down I always wanted her. I never stopped thinking about her and was constantly wondering how she was and what she was doing. No, this is happening. This is going to work. She’s the only one at the other end of my tether.

            After we’re seated in our booth, we look over our menus, but Mackenzie puts hers down after about twenty seconds. “I know what I’m getting.”

            I smirk already knowing as well. “Don’t tell me you brought us to this fancy Italian restaurant just to order spaghetti and Italian sausage?” She giggles and nods her head. “Isn’t that boring? Why don’t you try something new?”

            “It’s not boring. It’s a classic. Plus, it’s like Lady and the Tramp. They always had spaghetti and meatballs.” She beams.

            “You’re whole life is a Disney movie.” I laugh and she smiles.

            “Oh, I could only wish!”

            “Ladies, are we ready to order?” Our waiter, who looks like he’s around sixteen, asks. I answer for both of us.

            “She’ll have the spaghetti with Italian sausage and I’ll take the ravioli di Portobello, please and thank you.” I collect our menus to hand to the waiter. A usually mundane action, but for some reason when the boy walks away, the blonde across from me starts into a fit of giggles. “What’s up?” I can’t help, but chuckle watching her.

            “That kid totally has the hots for you.” Her blue eyes dance as she continues to try and keep her laughter quiet. However, as I look around I see she has others’ attention and they are laughing quietly at their own tables.

            “Has the hots for me? What are we seventeen again?” She stops her laughter and is about to say something when I stop her, “I already know I just made a Disney movie reference. Now, what makes you think he has the hots for me? All he did was take our order.”

            “You two accidently touched hands when you handed him the menus and his eyes got all wide and he started blushing. He could barely mumble ‘you’re welcome’ when he walked away. Then he went over there,” she pointed to the kitchen where our waiter and two other boys and a girl were standing looking at us. They all quickly looked away when Kenzie waved at them. “He walked over there and started talking to those other kids about it. I bet if we act cool, he’ll ask you for your number by the end of the night.” She busts out laughing at her own joke and holds her stomach.

            “I thought I was already on a date with a beautiful blonde? Why are you trying to run me into the arms of a younger guy?” I smirk and she has a soft smile playing on her lips.

            “I’m not, silly, because you happen to be smokin’ hot tonight and I would never push you into someone else’s arms. But seriously, I’m the size of an elephant, which of those kids would honestly think that we were on a date right now?”

            “You are not an elephant! You are gorgeous!” One of the teenage waiters say as he walks up to our table. “And I was the only one with enough brains to realize that you two are absolutely head over heels for each other. Can I sit with you for a second?” I scowl and I am about to shut him down when Kenzie, ever the socialite, scoots over and happily lets him join our conversation.

            “How did you know?” She asks, completely ignoring the fact that she just admitted she still loved me and giving him her undivided attention. I swear, the two of them totally forgot I was there until Mackenzie nudges my foot under the table and subtly glances over to me and starts smiling.

            “Well, I was outside on my phone when you both pulled up and I saw that whole ‘lock eyes and the world disappears around us’ thing you both had. Then, when you walked in, she,” another glance to me, “opened the door for you and you got all flustered, but not in a ‘this is an awkward first date’ way, but more of a ‘I always tell you that I can do it myself, but you always end up insisting’ sort of way.”

            “Oh em gee! That totally is! I used to tell her all the time not to open doors for me, but I finally just gave up the argument. One time, we ended up outside a store for so long. She had me so frustrated that, after twenty minutes of arguing, I forgot what I needed to buy!” We all laugh and the memory replays in my head.

            “But the main thing that gave it away was because when my oaf of a step-brother came over for your order, you were watching him, he was watching her, but she was watching you. I swear, I don’t think she blinked once.”

            For the second time that night, blue eyes lock with mine and the world disappeared. Everything we were feeling that night was expressed within seconds before she smiled, winked, and turned back to the boy. However, she brings her left hand up and rests it, palm up, on the table. I smile and place my right hand in hers and she just holds it while continuing to talk with him. I take a second to look over to the kitchen where the other waiters were standing and ours is extremely red faced and looks to be getting teased by his coworkers.

            “Don’t worry about him, I tried telling him, but his gaydar isn’t as on point as mine.”

            “Yea, well, us bicorns gotta stick together right?”

            “Mackenzie!” I whisper shout and squeeze her hand. “I cannot believe you.”

            “No. No. It’s fine. She’s right. Damn, but you even figured out I’m bi? How? Most people just assume I’m gay.” He laughs.

            I guess I forgot how accurate her gaydar really is, but I don’t think we’ve ever met anyone who’s bi. She was always right when they were gay though. My gaydar is s**t.

            “I don’t know.” She shrugged and did her squishy face. “I just know.”

            “Well, ladies, I’d love to talk more, but you two are on a date. I’ve already imposed too much. I have to go comfort my little brother from the heartache he is going through.” He winks as he leaves the booth.

            “Wait.” I say. “You’re little brother? You guys look like you could be the same age.”

            He playfully scowls at me and Mackenzie laughs again. “I have a baby face, thank you, but yes. He’s seventeen and I’m twenty.”

            “No way! We’re the same age! Ade just turned twenty-one, but I don’t until December.”

            “That’s awesome! I’m sorry, I didn’t even introduce myself. My name’s Anthony. Your names are Mackenzie and Ade?”

            “Adrianna is my full name. It’s nice to meet you, Anthony.” I say as I shake his hand.

            “You too! You both are so sweet and funny. I’m going to go check on your food, lovelies, but if you need anything just shout for me. My parents make sure this place has amazing service and I don’t want to ruin our rep.”

            He walked away and we both just turn back to face each other, both realizing that we are still holding hands on the table. I smile down at our hands and everything hits me. The way our skin colors just melt together; the caramel tones of mine with the milky tones of hers. The way our hands fit perfectly, like they were made to be held by one another. I wish I would have cherished all this more as a teenager, but I was naïve and while we both always said we were meant to be, as a teenager you don’t always believe you’ll get a fairy tale ending.

            A couple quiet minutes later, Anthony comes back with our food. “Okay, pretties. We have ravioli,” I raise my free hand slightly. “Okay, and spaghetti. A classic.” He smiles at Mackenzie and she smirks at me as she mouths ‘told you.’

            We finish our meals through some small talk and Anthony brings us the bill at the end of the meal. I go to grab it, but she’s quicker. “I asked you out. I pay the bill.” She said simply. She gave him a hearty tip with the note, “To Anthony’s parents: Amazing service! Your boys are quite the gentlemen. To Anthony: Call us.. 818-577-8569 Not for sexytimes, just to chill. ;) xo Kenzie and Ade.”

            I laugh and help her out of the booth. We hold hands until we get to the car. When we get back into the car, the silence is finally broken. “Do you have to get Autumn by a certain time? Because I was hoping we could do one more thing.” She asks me nervously.

            “I told Holly around 10:00 I think, so we still have time. If anything, I can text her to let her know I’ll be later.” To hearing this, her face lights up and she does a little dance as she starts the car.

            “I promise I’ll try not to keep you too much later. I just really want ice cream.” We drive just a couple minutes down back roads to a little ice cream stand on the outside of a huge park I’d never been to before. “Some of Naya’s costars brought us here when I first came back. They had just started filming season one a couple weeks before and had a day off, so they wanted to hang out and get to know each other more.”

            “I’m actually a fan of the show. It’s weird to see Naya on television.. other than the random extra roles she got, but I have to admit that it’s a good show.” I tell her as we get out of the car and she walks around to grab my hand. She lets out a little squeal at hearing my confession.

            “I’ll have to let her know! She’ll be so happy.” Her left hand remains in my right as we make our way across the street to the ice cream cart. “I’ll take a strawberry cone dipped in chocolate and she’ll have vanilla, please.” She orders for us.

            We get our ice cream cones and start to walk through the dimly lit park. It’s not creepy dimmed, but it’s calming and romantic. It’s almost like, if you could put Mackenzie’s personality into a place. This would be it. Even though it’s getting dark there are still families playing in the grass. There are couples relaxing and walking around. All sorts of animals are around; ducks, horses, squirrels, and birds. It’s so quaint and charming.

            “I miss holding your hand. It sounds stupid, but it just feels right.” At hearing this, I bring her hand up and kiss the back of it.

            “I agree.” We continue to walk a couple yards until I talk again. “Are you or the Rivera’s busy this Saturday?”

            “Umm.. I don’t have anything. And just mom and dad or everyone?”

            “Everyone, even Lea.”

            “Well, dad has golf every Saturday morning..”

            “Afternoon, around one o’clock?”

            “Oh, then no, mom and dad are free. I think Naya is on set until noon or one. They try really hard not to work late on Saturday’s. Mychal has training until two and Lea was going to just hang out with me at home. Why?”

            “Well, Autumn is turning one on Friday and we’re having her birthday party at my parents’ house on Saturday. So, I wanted to invite you all. Sorry, I didn’t ask you sooner. I don’t know what I was thinking, but I’m really hoping you’ll..”

            She cuts me off with a laugh. “Of course we’ll come! Well, at least I’ll for sure be there. I can’t speak for everyone else, but I’m sure we’ll all be there.” She smiles at me with a smidge of strawberry ice cream on her nose and all I want to do is kiss her for being so fucken adorable, but I force myself to hold back. Instead, lifting my thumb up to her nose and gently wiping the sweet away. Her eyes cross to watch what I’m doing and I swear, she knows what I’m thinking, because she always knows, but never forces me into anything.

            “So..” She says softly after I don’t even know how long of staring at each other. We turn and start heading back to the car. “What’s, um, the theme for the party?”

            “Autumn is really into Finding Nemo lately, so it’s going to be a luau and pool party. It’s mostly older kids and adults invited, so this way she can have her fish, but it’s not completely childish.”

            “That’s a good idea. So, does she like Disney movies?”

            “Oh god yes! We own all of them on either dvd or bluray and she has this Michael doll from Peter Pan that she carries everywhere with her. It’s so worn out, but she refuses to give it up.”

            “Is it the one from the Disney Store?” I nod and let out a small laugh. Of course she’d know. It’s her favorite movie. “I have that whole set in the nursery since it matches the mural on the wall.”

            “Yea, she only has Michael and Nana, but Nana stays in her bed. She never plays with her. She rarely even watches Peter Pan too, so I don’t know her obsession with the doll. We watch Nemo and Princess and the Frog at least once a day at our house.”

            She laughs at this, but I can see the wheels in her head turning. “So, will I get to meet Autumn before the party?” She asks softly.

            “Umm.. maybe. I’m not sure. Why?”

            “Well, meeting anyone at a family birthday party is awkward. I want to be able to talk with her and hang out. Really get to know her.” She shrugs, but I can’t help but laugh.

            “Kenz, she’s one. She barely says mama.”

            “Well, still! Babies have personalities too. Are you guys doing anything on her actual birthday? I’m off on Friday.” She turns towards me as we walk and our linked hands rub lightly against her belly. “We could go somewhere. Just the three of us.” She looks at me with those puppy dog eyes and that pout. F**k. That pout.

            “Nope. We don’t have anything.” I say as I’m already trying to plan in my head how I’m going to still do grocery shopping and finish up party planning with my mom that day. “Did you have anything in mind?”

            “Ummm.. let me think.” She gets quiet instantly and just looks around the park. We’re only about 100 yards from the car, but we still haven’t dropped our hands. “The zoo!”

            “The zoo?”

            “Yea. She’s a baby, so it’s not like we can take her to the movies or shopping or something. And even though she likes fish, I’m scared of aquariums, so the zoo would be perfect!” She beams. “I can pick you both up in the morning and we can drive down to the San Diego Zoo, because they have monkeys and koalas and it’ll be a lot of fun!”

            “Sounds perfect.”

            We get into the car when Mackenzie’s phone goes off. She starts the car and buckles up before she looks at it.

            From 818-675-0999: Hey lovelies!

            Her face scrunches and she shows me the text. “Who is it?” She just shrugs.

            “Here, can you just take it, so I can drive?” She hands me the phone and starts the drive back to my house. A couple minutes later, it chimes again.

            From 818-675-0999: It’s Anthony from the restaurant.

            “It’s Anthony, Kenz.”

            “Oh!! Save his number and tell him ‘hi!’”

            To Anthony: Hey, this is Mackenzie’s phone, but she’s driving, so you got Ade, but she’s telling me what to text. ;)

            I continue to relay our texts back and forth with my blonde date.

            From Anthony: Okay! You should text me your number sometime too. Tell Kenz I loved the note. My parents cracked up when I told them about what all went down with my bro.

            To Anthony: She said not to give your brother a hard time. And she wants to know if your parents saw the sexytimes note?

            From Anthony: They did, that’s why I had to explain everything, but they saw you two at dinner as well, and they didn’t believe me that she wrote it. They figured you did. LOL

            To Anthony: Oh no. This girl has a dirty mind. Don’t let her fool you.

            From Anthony: Oh damn! I def need to be talking with you two more. You crack me up!

            To Anthony: Well, you have her number. I’ll text you mine too. You’re pretty funny yourself. Not to mention, Kenz will probably want to talk to you nonstop now. We’re at my place though, so I’m calling it a night. Talk later, dude.

            From Anthony: Okay, Ade. Have a good night, ladies!

I hand her back her phone once she parks the car, but then she surprises me by going to get out of the car. ‘Kenz, I have to go get Autumn still.” I say cautiously, not wanting to hurt her feelings if she wanted to hang out more.

            “I know, choochie, I just wanted to walk my date to her car.” She smiles back at me before sliding out of the car. We link hands again at the front of her car and we walk the twenty steps to mine.

            When we get there, I’m about to turn and say goodbye when I suddenly feel her lips upon mine. I freeze for only a second until my mind catches up and I start returning the kiss. We just stood there for what felt like forever, but reality was probably only five seconds, until she pulled away. Before she could go too far, I lean back in and catch her lips again. We exchange four or five mouse kisses before she pulls away and rests our foreheads together.

            “I’ve wanted to do that for days now.” She softly admits.

            “I’m glad you finally got the chance.” We again stand there just staring into the other’s eyes for a couple more minutes before she pulls back completely. Our hands are still linked though and I honestly don’t want to let them go now that they’re together again.

            “You need to go get Autumn and it’s getting late. I have work in the morning. We’ll text each other when we get home though, okay?” She starts taking small steps back, but still doesn’t make any effort to let go of my hand.

            “Yea.” I quietly tell her before I pull her into me, as far as her belly will let me, and kiss her again. This time, not as innocent, but just as passionate. I feel her tongue glide across my lip to ask for entrance and I smirk as I talk against her mouth, “Mackenzie Lynn, this is only our first date.”

            She lets go of my hand and wraps her arms around my neck as my hands instinctually wrap around her waist. She pulls away and exhales. “I know. I just feel like nothing’s changed between us. Which is crazy, I know, but.. I don’t know.” She looks down and quickly wipes her face. “I’ll let you go get Autumn. Good night, Ade.”

            She turns away from me, but I quickly grab her hand and turn her back to me to see tears rolling down her cheeks. “Hey, what’s wrong? We had an amazing date. Why are you crying?”

            “Because things have changed! And I was stupid to..”

            “Kenz.”

            “I was! I was stupid to think that we could just go back to the way we were two years ago. We were teenagers and silly and carefree. Now, you have a daughter and I’m having twins. I don’t know how the hell I let Eric and Amanda convince me that this would all work.”

            “Hey. Shhh..” I bring my hands up to gently wipe her tears away. “Sure, it’s not perfect or conventional, but since when have we been either?” I smirk trying to get her to smile and I see her walls start to crack. “Now, I’m not saying everything is going to work out right away, but I’m telling you right now that I’m willing to try for all this. Mackenzie, I’ve been thinking about it all night. I don’t know who else I would ever want to spend my life with. You’re it for me. I can feel it. I’ve always been able to feel it. We’ll just have to work a little harder than people our age. We’ll have a family young. But look at all the support we’ll have around us. If you’re in it. I’m in it. One hundred percent.”

            I see her nodding her head the whole time I’m talking and by the end of it, she has a ghost of a smile on her face. “I am, Ade. I’m in it. I feel the exact same way. Promise. Promise. Promise!” I lean in and kiss her again this time allowing her the entrance she asked for. I can’t think of any other way to end a perfect second first date.


© 2016 Brittana0909


Author's Note

Brittana0909
Honestly, I'm in such a slump with this story and I haven't been able to write in it for about two years, but it's a goal of mine to finish, because it's the first thing I've ever written. Any constructive reviews could help or anything that would be cool to write about in future chapters. Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on June 12, 2016
Last Updated on June 12, 2016
Tags: fiction, adrienzie, babies, family, girlxgirl, hollywood, lesbian, lgbt, love, relationship, rwyb, soul mates, toddlers, twins


Author

Brittana0909
Brittana0909

Los Angeles, CA



Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Brittana0909


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Brittana0909