Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

A Chapter by Brittana0909

Mackenzie’s POV

THREE YEARS LATER

            “No no, Anya! The paint is a-pposed to be on your paper, like mine. See?” I hear Autumn tell her little sister. I try and hurry to finish their sandwiches and fruit for lunch, so I can clean the little ones up. I divide up the food between the three plates and move to pick them up when I feel a small body run into my leg, wrapping their arms around it.

            “Hello, baby boy. Are you ready for lunch?” I feel him nod against my leg as I move towards the table. “Use your words, please.”

            “Yes. Tengo mucho hambre!” I smile at his use of Spanish. Since we all moved in together, Ade has spoken Spanish with the kids and I have been teaching them whatever sign language I know.

            Now that the twins are three and Autumn is four their personalities are really coming out through their speech and social skills. Conner is our gentle one. He’s extremely soft spoken and often gets hidden behind all his sisters’ stories and drama. He is very attached to Adrianna and will usually speak Spanish quicker than English.

            Anya is the drama queen. She is always wanting to be the center of attention and loves telling stories and putting on performances for the family. Dancing is definitely a passion of hers and Autumn’s. Conner seems to enjoy it as well, the music seems to calm him no matter the genre. They love being around each other. They, actually, are all very codependent on each other and rarely ever argue.

            Autumn is our ‘mini mom.’ She is always helping Ade and I with the twins. She is very responsible and loves to ask if anyone needs help with anything. Her and Anya can sometimes get on each other’s nerves, but it comes with the territory of being only a year apart from each other. Autumn’s our little model, too. She loves taking pictures! Adrianna and I will constantly find new pictures of her in our phones. I have a feeling she is going to be following in her Tia Nicka’s footsteps.

            “When’s mama toming home?” Conner asks before digging into his peanut butter and banana sandwich. While this last month has been hard on all of us, Conner has asked every single day, multiple times, when Adrianna is getting back from filming her new movie.

            Her and I decided after the show ended that it was too hard for both of us to be working at the same time with the kids being so young, so she’s filming now and I had finished my new show a couple months before that.

            “Remember, she comes home tonight. We’ve been marking it off on the calendar every day.”

            “I know, mommy, pero when?”

            “We’ll go get her from the airport at five, so we’ll leave a little after naptime, okay?” He nods excitedly and I swipe his long blonde hair from his face and place a kiss to his forehead before going to the playroom to check on his sisters.

            “Anya Janae, where is your shirt and apron?” The tiny blonde spun around so fast that her pigtails whipped her on the cheek. Her round, cornflower eyes looked up at me so innocently, but I obviously didn’t miss the multitude of colors painted across her tummy and chest. “Baby bug, what did you do?”

            “I tried tellin’ her, mommy, but she wouldn’t listen. I telled her. I telled her paint stays on the paper.”

            “I know, Autumn, thank you. Next time, come get me or mama, okay?” The brunette nods her head in response. “Your lunch is on the table, wash up and put your apron in the dirty clothes before going to the kitchen, please.”

            “Okay, mommy.”

            “Now, Anya, it’s not okay to paint on yourself. You need to keep your shirt and apron on when you paint. Understand?”

            “I sorry, mommy.” She rushes out. “When’s mama gon-be home? I misses her.”

            “You ‘miss’ her, not ‘misses’ and we are going to pick her up a little after naptime, but for now, you need a bath.” I stand up and take her hand and lead her to the kids’ beachy bathroom. I start running the water while she takes her shorts and pull up off. She’s the only one out of the three that isn’t completely potty trained yet. She just won’t always tell us when she has to go.

            “Potty first.”

            “No fanks.”

            “Yes, potty first.”

            “But mommy, I don’t hafta go.” She whines.

            “Let’s just try. You want a sticker for your chart, right?” We started implementing a sticker chart for her every time she went on the toilet. When she fills the whole chart then she gets to buy something from the store.

            I lift her onto the toilet and she sits while I move to the intercom. “Autumn and Conner, I have to give Anya a bath real quick and you two are going to take baths before naptime too, so when you’re done eating come and get in.”

            “Okay!” I hear in response from across the house since they are both too short to reach the intercom.

            “When are we gonna see baby Noah?” I’m about to answer her when I start hearing her go to the bathroom. I raise my hands and sign my praise.

            “Yayy! You get a sticker now. I’m so happy! After you finish up and wash your hands, you can pick one before you get in the bath.” She picks an Elsa sticker and gets into the bathtub, grabbing her dolphin as soon as she sits down. I gently pull her pigtails out and run my fingers through her hair to loosen it.

            “You didn’t answer, mommy, ‘bout baby Noah.” I quickly start pouring the water over her head, making sure to block it from her eyes.

            “I’m sorry. We’ll see baby Noah tomorrow at Gramma Rivera’s birthday! Are you excited?”

            “Yea. I love him. Him is cute. Es-cept when he cries then hims is annoying.”

            “That’s not nice to say! And where did you learn that word?”

            “I hearded Uncle Eric tell you that Uncle Ryan is annoying so because he won’t leave him alone. That’s like when baby Noah cries. He won’t leave me alone so because I can’t get away from it so because it’s so loud.” I didn’t realize that any of the kids could heard mine and Eric’s conversation from the other day, after him and Ryan had broken up. I still don’t know exactly why Eric decided to call off the engagement, but he did and Ryan has been destroyed ever since.

            “Well, you know you’re not supposed to be eavesdropping, that means listening to conversations that you weren’t invited into. Okay? It’s not nice and annoying is not a nice word, Uncle Eric shouldn’t have used it either.”

            “I sorry.” I finally finish getting all the paint off the little girl and grab her towel to get her out of the bath. As she gets out, Conner comes running in the bathroom and straight to the toilet. I have just enough time to move the step stool in front of it before he steps up and goes potty.

            I grab a pull up out of the cabinet for Anya and dry her off before pulling it up her legs and putting lotion on her before sending her off to the kitchen to eat her lunch. After Conner and Autumn are both bathed and lotioned up, I just put them in their underwear and round up the three kids to take a nap.

            Since Adrianna has been on the east coast for filming, they have all been taking naps in our bed. She’s amazing at getting them to stay in their own beds for naptime, but I am not so good. They cry and scream and usually end up crawling into someone’s bed anyway, so I just let them all lay in our bed and they’re out within ten minutes.

            “Okay, my babies, it’s time for naptime and then we’ll get dressed and do our hair and go get mama at the airport! Conner, where’s your blanky?”

            “I don’t needs blanky today. I’m a big boy!” A small, proud smile comes to my face as I feel a tug at my heart. My baby is growing up. Conner has always slept with his blanky since he was a baby. Anya sometimes uses hers, but mostly when she sleeps at someone else’s house.

            “Okay then, I’ll see you three in a couple hours. Sweet dreams!” I give three kisses and tuck in three bodies before saying good night. I shut the curtains and turn the intercom on. I start making a mental list of the things I need to get done within the next four hours, but before I can finish my phone starts ringing a familiar tone.

            “Hey, baby! Ready to come home?”

            “Hi, choochie, and yes! The last two weeks since I’ve seen you four have been torture. I’m so excited to be going home. Anything fun happen today?”

            I laugh out loud and start cleaning up the dishes from lunch, Conner being the only one to not put his plate on the counter, probably because he had to go to the bathroom so bad. “Well, Anya decided to was going to strip and become a painted lady right before lunch.”

            I can hear Ade choking on the other line, I don’t think she was expecting that. “Explain.”

            I told her the story and she found the humor in it. “But she earned a sticker for her chart before her bath. She’s getting better. I really hope she is done by the time we finish that chart.”

            “Me too. She holds her bladder so much though, I’m worried for her. We should take her into the doctor soon, maybe when Autumn goes for her check-up before preschool in a couple weeks.”

            “Yea. I agree. So, when do you leave for the airport?”

            “We’re going to leave here in about an hour. I just wanted to call and see how everyone was before I left.”

            “Well, I wish you could talk to the babies, but they all just laid down. So, I’m going to clean up the kitchen and playroom, before I get ready. Then by that point, they’ll be up and I’ll get them ready to come get you.”

            “Mackenzie, you don’t have to do all that. You know that. I can just get a car back to the house.”

            “I want to though, then we can get dinner afterwards. Where do you want to eat?”

            “I really want Pink’s.”

            “Hot dogs? Out of everything you missed being on the east coast, you want hot dogs?”

            “This whole last week of filming has been nothing but fancy meals and parties. I just want a fun dinner with my girlfriend and babies.”

            “Alright. Then tomorrow we have to be at my parents’ house by three for Mama Rivera’s birthday. It’s a barbeque.”

            “Cool! I’ll get to see everyone again and that new little one. I can’t wait to hold him.”

            “He’s such a handsome boy; makes me miss my little babies.” I pout. “Alright, babe, I’m going to go. I’ve finished the kitchen up, I just want to take care of the paint before I get in the shower. I love you and I’ll see you later.”

            “I love you too, Kenz.”

            I’m half way through blow drying my hair when Autumn comes running into the bathroom. “Is it time yet?” She practically yells and I quickly check on the twins, but thankfully all our kids are heavy sleepers; definitely another perk to having huge families.

            “Not yet, baby girl, I have to finish getting ready and then you and your brother and sister have to get dressed and then we’ll leave. Okay?”

            “I wanna pick out my clothes. Can I?”

            “Go ahead!” Autumn is our little model and always picks out matching outfits and accessories. Anya on the other hand.. She’ll come out with a pink shirt and green rain boots and throw a fit when we tell her to put pants on before going outside. I finish blow drying my hair and go to check on Autumn and get her hair done before waking up Conner and Anya.

            “What happened to your closet?”

            “I can’t find it!” Autumn runs to me with tears streaming down her face, wrapping her arms around my neck. I stand up with her and carry her back to the, now destroyed, closet. She has dresses all over the floor, a lot of which I could probably transfer to Anya’s closet.

            “What can’t you find?”

            “The blue dress that Tia Nicka broughted back for me last week. Mama hasn’t seent it yet. I can’t find it!”

            “Oh, honey, the dress is hanging in the laundry room. I had to wash it first.” The little girl wiggles from my arms and I put her down before starting to clean up her other dresses. I have a small pile started of dresses that are too small for Autumn when the little brunette comes running back into her closet with a big smile on her face.

            “It’s so pretty! I love it!” She spins herself around and lets the dress flow with the air. The little white sundress with blue bubbles all over it is very cute on her. I grab baby blue sandals to go with the outfit and guide her towards the bathroom to do her hair.

            “Okay, how do you want your crazy, curly hair today?”

            After I finish braiding the four year old’s hair, I go to the twins’ closet to pick their outfits out for the airport. For Conner, I pick out a brown shirt with the alphabet on it, blue skinny jeans, and his brown Converse. For Anya, I pick a white baby doll top with pink and brown polka dots all over it, brown leggings, and her pink Converse.

            I walk back to mine and Ade’s room to wake them up, but to my surprise they’re already awake and meet me at the door. “Hi mommy!” I hear in stereo and I bend down to hug them both.

            “Hello, my blonde babies! Ready to go get mama?” The twins scream excitedly and start running to their room. I really love the way we decided to decorate the kids’ rooms. Both rooms are very boho. Ade and I decided that the playroom will be decorated a Disney theme with any and all characters we could think of, but the kids’ rooms would be a more plain theme. This way we wouldn’t have to be changing their rooms every time they change their favorite movie.

            Autumn’s room is a deep purple with dark furniture, but bright blue and yellow accent pieces on her shelves. She has a lofted, queen size bed and a little play area that is curtained off underneath it.

            All the kids have side rails on their beds, because it still makes me nervous that they’re out of their cribs, but I think we can finally take them off soon since they never have issues sleeping.

            The twins have light blue walls with an orange accent wall where their beds are. We decided to have their beds sort of built into the wall and have them length wise next to each other. They have a small crawl hole between them and usually lay their heads near it so they can be close to each other at night.

            “Okay, who needs to go potty before we leave?” None of them answer and just continue to run to the Acadia in the garage. I love my Jeep, but the backseat is severely cramped with three car seats. I quickly grab my keys and my purse and follow the little crowd out the door. On the way to the airport, I cannot help but think about how good our lives have been the last couple years.

            We ended up on the show for two seasons and ever since it finished, Adrianna and I have had amazing opportunities for work. She’s done two films and I’ve started a new show. The kids have been very blessed to have both their families around them.

            Kyle and I decided last year that he wouldn’t pay child support as long as he and his family agree to have zero contact with us. I didn’t even want money or anything, just for them to leave us alone.

            Autumn sees her father every once in a while, whenever he decides to be a father to her. Adrianna and I have been supportive of it for now, but we’re definitely keeping a close eye on things. Especially since he is dating again. We want as much consistency for the kids as we can provide with the careers we have.

            We keep a pretty good schedule going with them. They love the beach and the water so we’re often there. All the kids started dance classes at the beginning of summer; right now they’re in ballet and tap. Now that Ade’s coming home, the two of us should be off until I start filming in September. Luckily, I stay in LA to film, so I don’t have to worry about traveling.

            “Avión! Autumn, you see the plane?” Conner asks his big sister who sits behind him in the SUV. Anya sits behind the driver, Conner behind the passenger, and Autumn behind him. Since the twins are in car seats and Autumn is in a booster, it’s hard to take them in any other car. We rarely use our, now triple, stroller, because the kids love to walk everywhere. It’s so big and having to make sure we have extra clothes for everyone and pull ups in the car, the double seat next to Autumn is usually down. I’m thinking it’s time to get rid of the stroller.

            “I wanna see the plane!” Anya yells.

            “You cant see it, Anya. It’s on our side.” Autumn tells her sister, signing ‘stop’ in the backseat.

            “Mommy, I want to see the plane!” I see her sign ‘plane’ in the rear view mirror. Usually, we tell them that if they want something then they should try and ask in either sign or Spanish as well as English, so that they learn and remember more. I feel bad, but we’re almost to the airport. “Eso no es justo!”

            “Baby bug, just because you can’t see, doesn’t mean it’s not fair. We’re almost to the airport and there will be so many airplanes. We’ll wait by a window for mama and you can watch all the planes.”

            When we get to LAX, I park in the garage and start unloading the kids. Ade’s plane should land in about ten minutes and by the time she gets down passed security, we should only have to wait about ten minutes more.

            “Okay, Anya and Conner hold my hands, Autumn pick someone’s hand to hold.” Autumn grabs onto Anya’s tiny hand. “Remember, you three don’t talk to strangers and don’t let go of the hand you’re holding. If there’s any cameras, you can smile, but just keep walking. We’re going to go to the special room where we picked up Tia Nicka last week, okay?”

            “Yes, mommy!” I get in stereo unison and we start walking towards the VIP lounge where there is seating for everyone to wait without everyone crowding us. The first time Ade and I went to the airport after being on the show, we were crowded so much we had to call for security. I felt so bad, but neither one of us thought about that sort of thing happening before. That’s when security told us about the lounge and how we can wait there when picking someone up or flying out.

            “Are you excited for Adrianna to be back?” Flash.

            “Hey, kids, how about a smile over here?” Flash.

            “Mackenzie, how’s Noah?” Flash.

            The four of us quickly go through the lounge door and the kids run off to the chairs by the window. I go to the bar to get drinks for them and myself.

            “I’ll just get four bottles of water, please.” I tell the bartender before turning towards the familiar security officer standing at the end of the bar. “Hey Mark! How are you today?”

            “I’m good! I swear, those three grew double in the last two weeks. How are you, Ms. Jackson?”

            “I’m good and yes, those three have been eating me out of house and home for the last week.” I open the three water bottles and pass them to the kids.

            “Are you ready for Ms. Guerrilla to be back?”

            “Mark, I’ve told you that you can call us Mackenzie and Adrianna or Mack and Ade or anything, but Ms. Jackson and Ms. Guerrilla.”

            “Sorry, but it’s part of my job.”

            “Yea. Yea.” I lightly bump my elbow against his arm. “But to answer your question, I’m super excited for Ade to be back! I feel like the kids and I have seen you more in the last month than her.”

            “The life of the famous.”

            “Yuck.” I frown. “I hate that word. We’re just like you, Mark, you know that.”

            “I know. You and Ms. Guerrilla and your families are very down to Earth. I appreciate you all when you come in here and don’t act like we owe you something because we make less than you.”

            “That’s because that’s bullying and bullying is mean.” That earns a small chuckle from the man and he nods his head. I start to rummage through my purse to find my phone to check the time when the door opens behind me and Mark ‘psst’s in my ear.

            Before I can turn around, I feel familiar arms wrap around my waist, lift me up, and spin me around. I let out a squeal and a laugh and the kids were tipped off to the new addition in the room.

            “Mama!” They all yell and jump out of their chairs, running over to us. Adrianna kneels down and opens her arms to hug them all.

            “Hi, my babies! You all are so much bigger since I saw you. Have you been good for mommy?”

            “Uh-uh! I been helping her with the twins!”

            “Yup! I got a sticker so because I went potty in the toilet!”

            “I helpdid mommy with lunch yesterday!” The three of them are all talking over each other, but Ade doesn’t make an effort to stop them.

            “I’m so happy! You all are such good kids. Are you ready to get dinner at Pink’s?”

            “Yea!” Conner takes the opportunity to jump into Ade’s arms as she stands up. She hugs him tight and whispers ‘hola, mi niño’ in his ear. After he says, ‘hola, mama’ back, she kisses his forehead and puts him back down.

            I take my chance a hug my girlfriend close. My arms wrap around her waist and I intertwine my fingers to rest just above her a*s. She wraps her arms around my shoulders and pulls me in close. My head instinctively tilts up while hers moves down and our lips do a dance that they have never and will never forget.

            “Ewww! Stop it, mommas!” Autumn squeaks. Oh well. It was short lived, but very much needed and wanted. We both pull away with a smile.

            “Hello, my love.” Ade gives me another quick kiss, effectively cutting off my response. “Okay, chi’ren, let’s go! Say ‘goodbye’ to Mr. Mark!”

            “Bye!”

            “Bye, kids. Be good for your moms!” Mark gives all three kids a high five before opening the door for us to leave.

            By the time the five of us got home, it was around eight o’clock which is usually the kids’ bedtime, but they were pretty wired and wanting to play with Adrianna after two weeks of not seeing her in person. We Skyped every day before bed, if Ade wasn’t filming; if not, we talked earlier in the day.

            I can tell Ade being gone has had a huge impact with the kids this time around. The last time she filmed was in Louisiana and was last spring, so the kids didn’t really have the concept that she was gone for so long.

            “Mama, tan you play with us in the playroom?” Conner comes up to Ade and I and leans against his mama, trying to conceal a yawn that doesn’t go unnoticed by the two of us.

            “Anya, that’s my dress! It was in my closet so give it back!”

            “I can wear it so because it was on my dresser!”

            I let out a long breath and go to deflate the argument between the sisters while Adrianna picks Conner up to follow.

            “Just give it back Anya and stop tak..”

            “Girls, what is going on? Please, quietly tell me.” I kneel down so I’m at their level and look between the two cross girls. Anya is so much smaller than Autumn, she almost looks two years younger than her brunette sister. Not that Conner and Anya are even the same size. Conner being about seven to ten pounds heavier and a good three inches taller than his twin.

            “Anya take-did that dress out of my room. I want it back. Tell her to give it back.” I look at the garment in question and recognize it as one of the dresses I pulled as a hand-me-down earlier.

            “I’m sorry, Autumn, but I gave that to your sister, because it’s too small for you.”

            “Why would you do that?” She raises her voice and it takes me aback, because none of our kids have really ever raised their voice at either of us. “It’s my dress! It was given to me, not her, and I want it back!”

            “Don’t you want to share, bab-?”

            “No!”

            “Autumn June Guerrilla.” Adrianna speaks up from behind me and Autumn looks up at her. “You go sit in time out right now for talking to your mommy like that. Four minutes and then you need to apologize.”

            “No, mama! Please. I’m sorry. I’m sorry!” The little girl pleads with tears already starting to roll down her face. It breaks my heart when any of them cry which is usually why I don’t discipline them a lot, not that they really need it; we rarely use the time out bench.

            The older brunette places Conner on the floor before taking Autumn’s hand and walking her over to the time out bench outside the office. We have a special timer for them that is set up like a traffic light. The kids know they aren’t allowed to get out of time out until an adult comes and gets them when the light is green and their time is up.

            Ade sets the timer and the red light is lit before she walks back towards myself and the twins.

            “Tell you what, little man, how about we get ready for bed and cuddle for a movie? We’ll have lots of time to play tomorrow before Gramma Rivera’s birthday, bueno?” Conner simply nods in response.

            “I’ll take the bathroom tonight.” I tell my tired girlfriend. “You take pajamas?”

            “Sounds good!” I usher the mini me’s into the bathroom to brush their teeth and use the bathroom. While Ade was gone, I had to get my own schedule down with the kids for bedtime, so I help brush one’s teeth while the other two are either washing their face or using the bathroom. Then we switch around. It’s quicker and less stressful for everyone.

            “Mama! I earndid another sticker!” Anya yells as she jumps into Ade’s arms on her way back to her room.

            “Awesome, bug! Now just keep going potty in the toilet and you won’t need your pull up anymore. Mommy and I are going to talk to you sister, can you and your brother make sure your room is all clean?” She nods her head excitedly before running off.

            “Okay, Autumn, can you tell us why you had to sit in time out?” She sniffles and looks up at us with wide, tearful eyes.

            “I yelldid at mommy. I am sorry! I love you.” She falls into me and we both wrap each other up in a hug. I close my eyes to try and conceal my tears. I love all my kids and hate disciplining them and it always pulls at a mother’s heart to hear your kids tell you that they love you.

            “I love you too, Autumn, and I’m sorry that I gave Anya your dress without asking first. If you want it back, then you can have it. I was in a rush before we left for the airport and didn’t think about it.”

            “No, Anya can have it.”

            “Are you sure?” Ade asks, just to be sure and Autumn nods in response.

            “Okay, well that concludes time out for this evening. We’re going to get ready for bed and cuddle for a movie. How’s that sound?”

            “Sounds fun!”

            “Okay, go with mommy and get your teeth brushed and then meet me in your room for your pyjamas, sí?”

            “Bueno, mama!”

            “Twenty minutes into the movie and they are all asleep.” Adrianna whispers into my hair as I curl more into her side. The kids are on the floor strewn about all over the oversized pillows that cover the front of the projection room.

            This room was one of Ade’s projects when we decided to move in together. Since we live close to all our family and friends, we really didn’t need a second guest room. Ade decided she wanted a movie room. One where we could put a projector and have the kids and us be comfortable, but also be able to entertain family and friends.

            The room has a ton of oversized, beanbag pillows in the front that the kids love to lay on. A large reclining lounge chair is centered in front and that’s usually where Ade and I sit. Around that are many single recliners and double recliners. The room can fit all of Ade’s family comfortably which was her goal.

            “I’m kind of glad that they crashed out early. I’m tired and I know you’re tired too from traveling, plus the time difference. What time would it be now in New York, like midnight?”

            “Yea.” Ade lets out a huge yawn and rests her head on top of mine, pulling me impossibly closer at a the same time. “I’m bummed though.”

            “Why are you bummed, babe?”

            “I missed you.. and your body.. two weeks apart and some of those pictures you sent me. Mmm.” She tilts my chin up so our lips meet and I instantly melt into her. My tongue wanting entrance before I can even register what’s going on. I missed her too and the last two weeks really sucked for me. I hated being in our bed all by myself.

            “Ms. Jackson, do you know how hot you are?” She slowly turns and I find myself laying back onto the lounge, my girlfriend crawling on top of me; our lips and tongues never losing contact. “Mmmm.. Baby, let’s put the kids..” I suck in her lower lip and feel her smile into my lips before pulling away. “Let’s put the babies to bed and we’ll finish this in our room.”

            “Okay.” I give her another quick peck. Now that she’s back, I don’t want to stop kissing her. “You take Autumn and I’ll get the twins.”

            We get up off the lounge and discard the blankets to clean up tomorrow. I turn the movie and projector off while Ade picks up Autumn and leaves the room while I unbury the twins from the mass of pillows and blankets. I close the door behind us and make my way to the other end of the house. As I pass Ade, she kisses the twins’ heads and makes her way to our room.

            After both little blondes are tucked in and their star projector is turned on, I close their door and rush down to mine and Ade’s room. On the way, I quickly check the house alarm, make sure the driveway gate is locked for the night, and turn the hallway light off. As I round the corner to our room, I push open the door to reveal a sleeping Ade laying across our bedspread.

            “Awe, babe.” I whisper out. I turn the kids’ monitors on before going to move girlfriend. Luckily, we both got ready for bed before the movie as well, so I just have to get her under the covers for the night. “Ade, baby, let’s go to bed.”

            I softly rub her back while she comes out of her slumber. “But, we were going to have sex. I was going to make love to my super hot girlfriend.” I can’t help, but laugh.

            “Babe, you’re more than half asleep. Let’s go to bed. We have our whole lives to have sex.” She crawls up the bed as I pull the blanket and sheet down. The woman collapses onto the pillows as I pull the linens back over her.

            “You’ll still cuddle with me though, right?”

            “Of course, Adrianna.” I get into bed next to her and take my glasses off before flipping off the light switch. I back up towards her and she pulls my back into her front. I feel her kiss my hair four times before whispering…

            “I missed you, Kenzie.”

            “I missed you too, Ade. I love you.”

            “Te quiero muchísimo. Buenas noches.”

AGMJAGMJAGMJ

            “Mi amor.” I vaguely hear whispered into my ear. “Wake up.” Soft kisses are making their way down my jaw and to my neck. “Baby, wake up, please.” I feel Ade nip on my neck and it wakes me up instantly. I move my hands to her cheeks and bring her back up to my lips.

            “Good morning.” I talk into her lips, her tongue entering my mouth in the process. I moan into her and my hips instinctually buck into her. She pulls away and smiles at me and it amazes me that a woman can look so adorable and completely sexy at the same time.

            “We have,” Ade starts while her fingers hook into my panties, teasing me. It’s quite rude to tease your girlfriend who you haven’t touched in over two weeks, if you ask me. “about two hours before the kids should be up. I need you, Kenz. I’m so wound up that I probably won’t even last past round two.”

            She comes back up to my mouth and starts massaging my breasts under my shirt. I run my fingers through her hair and pull her into me, our kissing becoming heated and needy; only pulling apart to take off our tank tops.

            I can feel the heat building between my legs every time Ade bucks down onto me. “Enough teasing, babe!” I beg which, I know, just turns her on more and makes her want to continue her slow assault.

            “But I thought you liked it slow,” She whispers, kissing her way down my neck, “And hot,” and breasts, “And in all the right places.” and stomach. She hooks her fingers into my already wet panties and starts pulling them down.

            “Mommyyyyy!” Anya cries come through the monitor and we both collapse onto the bed with long, defeated breaths; the universe is obviously against us. “Mommyyyy!” The little girl’s cries get louder and I just accept the fact that, even at four in the morning, my girlfriend and I aren’t going to be able to have sex with three toddlers in the house.

            “I better go get her.”

            “I’ll go. I haven’t had to deal with night terrors in over a month.” Ade gets out of bed and throws her tank top back on and pulls some shorts out of the drawer; putting them on while walking out of the bedroom.

            While I want to just roll over and go back to sleep, since I am really tired still, I’m not going to be able to do that in just underwear. I get up and change, throwing on my tank top and putting shorts on just in case.

            After laying back down in bed, I move to check my phone and update my Twitter.

            @mackjack: 4am wake up calls are no fun for anyone. #nightterrors #mommylife #toddlers @adeguerrilla

            “Look who decided they wanted to sleep with us.” I look up and Adrianna is carrying both Anya and Conner. Anya’s red, tear stained face looking towards me with a pout and still sniffling. Conner clinging to his blanky and looking excited to get to cuddle in ‘the big bed.’

            “Awe. Come here, babies.” I hold my arms out and Anya falls into me. Conner continuing to cling to Adrianna. “Why were you crying, bug?”

            “I haddid a dream that baby Noah ended up in the hosbibal again, like I did when I was a baby.”

            When the kids and I went out to visit Ade a few weeks ago, Anya was asking why she wasn’t the same size as Conner and why she was so much smaller than other kids in their dance class.

            Adrianna and I have a strict truth policy; we will tell the kids the truth for whatever is asked. Depending on their age and the question, we will answer to the best of our knowledge for them, but we won’t lie.

            We sat all three kids down and explained that mommy had a hard time when the twins were in my tummy. That they came earlier than expected and that Anya wasn’t as big as her brother. We told them that they were both in the hospital for a while, but that Anya needed extra love and support from the doctors and nurses at the hospital before she could come home to us, but that we went to visit her and stayed with her every day.

            Even though it didn’t seem like the story had really affected her that day, she has been having night terrors every couple days or so about someone being in the hospital. I don’t blame her though. She’s never been in a hospital since and all toddlers hear is that when you get hurt, you go to the hospital. It’s associated with negativity.

            “Oh, Anya, baby Noah is fine. He’s at home right now sleeping and we’re going to see him later on today, okay? Let’s get some more sleep so that way we’ll be ready for breakfast in a little bit.”

            She snuggles into my chest, her thumb making its way to her mouth, and I kiss the top of her head and wrap my arm around her, rubbing Conner’s arm, who’s already asleep again next to Ade, his hand covering his ear. I close my eyes right before I hear a soft knock on the door.

            “Mommies?”

            “Come in, baby girl.”

            The door opens revealing another tired child. She rubs her eyes while walking further into the darkened room.

            “I heardid Anya crying. Is she okay?” She climbs up onto the bed and situates herself under the covers between her sleeping brother and sister, making sure to kiss both of them on the cheeks.

            “Yes, she’s okay. Thank you for checking on her though. That was very nice. Get some more sleep.”

Adrianna’s POV

            I wake up about an hour later, my mind still on New York time, my body just wanting sleep.. and Mackenzie. Ugh! I love my kids, I really do. Sometimes I just wish Kenz and I can be teenagers again when we didn’t care and, for the most part, it didn’t matter where or when we jumped each other.

            Now we have to make sure the door is locked and the kids are in bed or at a class or something. We haven’t seen each other in two weeks! Literally the longest time we’ve been apart since we found each other again three years ago. The longest I’ve been away from the kids too. The kids have never spent more than a night away from Mackenzie though. I think it’s time for an Adrienzie vacation. No kids, just me and her.

            I might as well make breakfast for everyone.

            I slip out of Conner’s grip and stand up, looking back at the bed and laughing to myself at everyone’s little sleeping quirks. Conner always covers whatever ear is exposed and right now is covering his left. Autumn has to be touching someone or something. In her bed, she has a ton of stuffed animals, but right now she has both arms out to the sides, touching her brother and sister’s backs.

            Anya is a thumb sucker. We finally got her to stop during the day, but it’s hard to get her subconscious self to stop. Mackenzie is such a Mommy Bear. She has her arm draped across all three kids, resting her head just above Anya’s on the pillow. I take a quick picture to upload it.

            @adeguerrilla Perks of having a Cali King bed. #allthebabes #ilovebeinghome #mamalife @mackjack

            I’m half way done making a huge breakfast for all of us when I hear many tiny feet ‘tiptoeing,’ but more just walking slowly, and whispered words from behind me. I turn the stove off and move the pans to the back and move over to the toaster.

            “Okay, when I say three we’re going to get her.”

            “Okay!”

            “Shhhh! You can’t talk. You have to whisper.”

            “Oh. Okay.” Comes the whispered response and I can’t wipe the smile off my face, even being an actress. I love my kids and I’ve missed them so much that it’s hurting me to even act like I can’t hear them right now. I just want to turn around and hug them all!

            “Ready? One..” I put the bread in the toaster. “Two..” Push them down. “Three!” Three small bodies run into me, giggling, and ‘tickling’ me. “We got you, mama!”

            “Ahhh! You did! You three are so sneaky. Where’s mommy?”

            “She’s sleeping so because she wuddunt  sleeping good before you came home.” Anya informs me and it brings a frown to my face, because Kenzie never said anything about not being able to sleep. I should have picked up on her yawning a lot, but I just chalked it up to having to deal with the kids by herself.

            “What do you mean?”

            “Mommy would put us to bed at night and then when I waked up in the middle of the night, she would be sleeping with me in my bed.”

            “Yea, she sleeped with me a couple times too.”

            “And me!” Conner adds with a huge smile on his face. They are all looking up at me so innocently, because they are innocent. They’re just babies who know nothing about the dangers of the world around them. They don’t know about anxiety or fear or disease. I’m beyond grateful for that, don’t get me wrong, but if Kenzie is slipping that means we all could be in for a ride.

            “Ooookay then. Why don’t you three help me set the table? Then, when all the food is ready, I’ll go check on mommy.”

            I get the plates down for Autumn and place them on the edge of the table so she can spread them out. Anya gets forks from the drawer and Conner climbs onto a chair to reach the napkins to pass out.

            I finish up the toast and send the kids off to wash their hands before going back and checking on Mackenzie. When I open the door, I see a mess of blonde hair now on my side of the bed, hugging one of my pillows.

            I sit on the edge of the bed and run my fingers through her hair, working out the knots from sleeping. After a few seconds I can see her starting to wake up, I let her stretch out and open her eyes before giving her a light ‘good morning’ kiss.

            “Good morning, again.” She smiles. “Where are the kids?” She looks around the room before laying her head back down and looking at me.

            “You mean they got out of bed without you noticing?”

            “They must have.” She shrugged. “I was tired.”

            “How’ve you been sleeping while I was gone?”

            “I slept fine. I think yesterday just wore me out.”

            “Hmm..” I hum out and nod. Not wanting to push the subject right now. “Breakfast is ready!” I kiss her lips again. Not wanting to stop, but pulling away because I know the kids are waiting.

            “Be right out.”

AGMJAGMJAGMJ

            “There are my oldest grandbabies!” Mama Rivera greets as the five of us walk through the familiar house, people already milling around and talking to others. “Come give Gramma Rivera a hug.” She kneels down and the three siblings rush towards her yelling ‘Happy Birthday’ on their way.

            “Thank you, babies.”

            “Gramma! Gramma! Where’s baby Noah?” Anya scans the rooms she can see from where she’s standing, but doesn’t see him. “He’s here, right?” She asks worriedly.

            “Well, o-of course he’s here, Anya. He’s in the backyard. Why don’t you three go say ‘hello?’”

            The three kids rush off out the backdoor and even as Kenzie and I lean in for our own hugs and ‘Happy Birthdays,’ I know the question is coming.

            “What happened with you two that made my grandbabies over an hour late to my birthday?”

            “Nothing major, everything’s fine now.” Mackenzie smiles sweetly at me. “Just had a little talk and ran late getting the kids ready, that’s all. I’m going to go head out to the back and make the rounds before dinner.” She kisses me before going out the back door.

            “Adrianna…” Just as I’m about to spill my guts, my luck just gets better, with my family walking in from the backyard. I exchange hellos and hugs before most of them go back outside, but my mother stays in to help Mama Rivera dish up some appetizers.

            “I think Mackenzie’s anxiety was acting up when I was gone, but she tells me every time she takes her inhaler, so I think she was leaning on the kids a little more.”

            “I don’t know, but I know that we weren’t allowed to take the kids overnight these last two weeks. She was always making excuses. Even when Anya was sick last week.” My mother responds.

            “I just hope things will settle now that I’m back.” I sigh. I tell the two women that I’m going to go outside and when I’m out there I spot Mackenzie out in the yard with Eric and Amanda, but decide to talk to Naya and Heather first.

            “Oh my gosh! He’s so tiny.” I coo while taking the baby from Heather’s arms. “Hello, Noah, I’m your Tía Ade. The pictures do not do him justice, at all. You two did amazing with him.”

            “Thanks! I’m really glad we decided to go with meshing our eggs instead of finding a sperm donor. He’s one hundred percent us!” Heather gushes over her three week old son. “Naya, can you get the diaper bag? I left it inside.”

            “Sure, babe.” We both watch as she walks back inside, Heather turning to me as the door closes.

            “I’m going to tell you right now that everyone is tipped off to something going on with you and Mack. A Jackson never arrives late and three of them were late today. I’m not saying I want to know what’s going on, but you’re in for a world of questions when this party is over.”

            “Sometimes I hate the fact that our families are so damn close and that Kenz and I have the longest past. It seems, sometimes, like our families know more about our relationship than we do.”

            “Girl, you’re telling me. Try being the one coming in after you and Mack. I had to live up to the ‘Ade Expectations.’” I give her a curious look, not knowing what she’s talking about. “Seriously, it may not have seemed like it, but Naya and I always had this feeling like we would never be as good as you and Mack, because you two are soul mates. Beyond soul mates and everyone around you knew it.

            You two just had this pull that no one could compete with. It was always ‘Ade and Kenz this’ and ‘Ade and Kenz that.’ Once you two moved in together, the five of you were just a cute little family and you both fell into these roles so fast.” I grab a beer out of the cooler and open it before answering.

            “Trust me, it wasn’t easy or fast. Remember, right after we moved into the house, I screwed up so bad that Kenz threatened to leave me.”

            “But you two get through everything. Hell, you didn’t even see each other for almost two years and it was like it was minutes for you. You two probably already got over whatever it was this morning, huh?” I shyly nod my head with a smirk that I just couldn’t help.

            “See!” She laughs. “You two are a force that no one can compete with.”

            “Thanks, Heather. You and Naya and this little man are seriously going to give us some competition though.” I wink. “I’m gonna warn you though, with Noah, Kenz keeps talking about how she ‘misses her little babies.’” We both laugh and I take a sip of my beer, looking out towards the swing set where my three babies are playing together. I feel Mackenzie’s eyes on me and looks towards her. I smile and blow her a kiss before continuing to coo over my new nephew.


© 2016 Brittana0909


Author's Note

Brittana0909
Honestly, I'm in such a slump with this story and I haven't been able to write in it for about two years, but it's a goal of mine to finish, because it's the first thing I've ever written. Any constructive reviews could help or anything that would be cool to write about in future chapters. Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on June 12, 2016
Last Updated on June 12, 2016
Tags: fiction, adrienzie, babies, family, girlxgirl, hollywood, lesbian, lgbt, love, relationship, rwyb, soul mates, toddlers, twins


Author

Brittana0909
Brittana0909

Los Angeles, CA



Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Brittana0909


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Brittana0909