Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

A Chapter by Brittana0909

Mackenzie’s POV 

            “The date is at her apartment?”

            “Yea, I guess Autumn is still with her sitter and we’re both low on money, so we just decided to hang out at her place.”

            I’m currently getting ready at my house with Ryan and Eric, and by ‘getting ready’ I mean I’m getting ready while they sit on my bed and gossip. So far, I’ve done my hair and makeup, now I’m just trying to figure out an outfit.

            “Are you going to have a sleepover? You know, like old times?” Eric winks at me in the full-length mirror and I roll my eyes, but I can’t help the smirk that comes across my face thinking of our past ‘sleepovers.’

            “No,” I turn around to face him. “That is not on the table for a while. I would hope she knows that, but if not, I’ll make it quite clear.” I turn back around to check out different outfits.

            “I, for one, commend you, Kenz. Not many people our age could handle everything you have and now you’re planning on getting into a serious relationship with a woman who has a kid. It’s amazing, really. I look up to you both. Even though I’ve yet to meet her.” Ryan tells me and I see the truth in his eyes.

            “She’s a good woman. They are true soul mates. I’ve never met anyone in my life that completes the other like they do.” Eric finally turns to look at Ryan and gives him a small kiss on the lips. “Not that we don’t, but you haven’t seen these two in the same room. The chemistry is palpable.”

            Ryan smiles and gives him another kiss back. “I believe you.”

            “Okay, love birds. Which outfit?” I hold up two different outfits. One is a baby blue sundress with white belt and flats. The other is black casual pants with a hoodie, more of a casual/sleeping attire.

            “I say go for the second outfit. You guys are hanging out at her house. It’s already almost six o’clock, so go for comfy.” Eric says and Ryan nods his head in agreement.

            “Okay. I guess I should finish getting ready and head over there then, because she said she’d be ready at six-thirty.”

            “We’ll leave you to it then. Oh, but before I forget, you need to come on the show soon! The viewers keep asking for updates.” Eric tells me with a huge smile on his face as the three of us walk to the front door.

            “Why? I’m not that interesting.” I say honestly.

            “Honey, you are Naya and Mychal’s little sister and pregnant with twins. Plus, you helped start the channel with Amanda and I in high school and you haven’t been on since the twins announcement. People want you, babe!”

            “Alright, well, when are you recording again? I’m free until Friday. Are you two coming to Autumn’s birthday on Saturday?”

            “Of course!”

            “Wouldn’t miss it! And we are going to record tomorrow I think. We’re going to talk about upcoming movies and randomness.”

            “Alright. I’ll be there.” We share goodbyes and I move to finish getting ready.

AGMJAGMJAGMJAGMJ

            “This is so cute!” I walked into Adrianna’s apartment and see a blanket fort, in the middle of her family room, made out of the couch, love seat, and the kitchen table chairs. It’s honestly big enough for around four people. “Did you and Autumn make that?”

            “Nope. I made it for us. Welcome to your second date, Kenz. Movie night in the blanket fort.” She makes a Vanna White pose next to the fort and I am even more marveled.

            “I’ve never had a blanket fort, this is going to be fun!” I walk to the fort to get a better view as Adrianna goes to the kitchen.

            “Never in your life have you had a blanket fort? How did I not know this?”

            “My parents never let my siblings and I make one in the common areas and my nannies were too scared of my parents to disobey. Especially after the Nanny Clara fiasco.” I tell her distractedly as I open the fort and see all the detail that went into the inside. “I love fairy lights!”

            “I know you do.” The brunette laughs as she walks back into the room with pizza and water for us both. “Along with pizza and scary movies. Figured I’d pull out all the stops. Sorry this isn’t as fancy as your date was.”

            “Are you kidding? I love this!” I tell her honestly as I take my pizza and water from her. “Thank you.” I whisper before I press my lips against hers. When we pull apart, I open my eyes and they meet the gorgeous brown orbs that I’ve missed so much.

            “Hello.” She says softly and I shake my head and pull away completely, realizing that I never said that when I walked in.

            “Hi, honey.” Sarcasm dripping from the statement. “How’s your day been in the, oh, six hours since we were last together?”

            “Amazing! I talked to Autumn, she’s at my mom’s now. Then I got ready for all this! I put a mattress in the fort so it is more comfortable.”

            We sat down in the fort to eat, but then realized if we were against the couch to sit, we couldn’t see the television. Improvements were needed. We, or more just Adrianna, took all the cushions off the couch and love seat and used them a backrests so we were closer and took off the blankets in the front of the fort so we could see. Luckily the fairy lights could stay, so we could turn off all the overhead lights.

            The two of us ate and watched The Conjuring. When it was over, Adrianna got up and switched the movie to Fox and the Hound, before coming back and sitting against the cushions.

            “Are you feeling okay? Are you getting uncomfortable, because we can put everything back and just lay on the couches.”

            “No, I’m fine. A little back ache, but this is actually really comfortable with the mattress. So, thank you.” Just then there was a flash of lightning seen outside the window and out of nowhere a downpour of rain started. “Umm..” My eyes darting between her eyes and the window.

            “Come here.” She gave a soft smile and opened her arms for me to cuddle into. “I figured a Disney movie would be good after that scary one. There were actually a couple parts that got me scared too. So, we’ll just cuddle and watch this and when it’s over, I think we’ll call it a night. Bueno?”

            I nod my head and curl into her side, as much as my stomach will allow. She fixes the blanket over us and runs her fingers through my hair as we watch Todd and Copper grow up.

Mama Rivera’s POV

            “Lorena. Always great to see you, what brings you by again?”

            “You as well! May we come in?”

            “Of course!” I usher the couple into the house towards the family room where George is watching television. “George, we have company.” He turns the television off and stands to greet them.

            “Hello! Good to see you both! Rafa, how is your crazy bunch doing?”

            “Same thing as always.” He laughs. “Hard workers that still seem to hang around my house too much. I thought the point of having an empty nest was that they would be gone long enough to change their rooms into some man caves?”

            “Don’t I know it!” The men laugh at the joke, because all of us know that they don’t mind our kids being around.

            That is the wonderful thing about both our families; all of us are extremely family oriented. The four of us have raised our children to know that family is always first, no matter the career path or the relationship, it’s always first.

            “Would anyone like something to drink?” I receive head shakes in response and so the four of us move to sit. “What brings you both here?”

            Lorena is the first to speak. “As I briefly mentioned earlier, Rafa and Adrianna had a small disagreement on her relationship with Mackenzie. What I didn’t get to tell you is that he told her that he wouldn’t allow Adrianna to date her at all.”

            Both of the parents across from me break eye contact on the last sentence and I know that something more is behind the words he said, but I will not lose my temper, because everyone has a right to their own opinion. I just hope that I don’t have to hear an opinion bashing one of my daughters, because then we will have an issue.

            “Something I have learned about Adrianna over the years is that she is much like our Naya, stubborn as hell, so I’m sure she didn’t take that statement kindly.”

            “Not at all. She begged me to talk to him and brought up that we always call Mackenzie our ‘future daughter-in-law.’ Rafa, and I guess myself to an extent, just don’t believe the girls should be in a relationship right now.”

            “What’s wrong with right now?” My husband asks and I hope that I am the only one that can detect the annoyance in his voice.

            “George, surely you don’t think that our girls will be able to handle being twenty-one with three kids, finishing school, and having careers? It’s hard enough to be a twenty year old nowadays, let alone everything else on their plates.” Rafa actually looks very surprised at my husband’s question.

            “Rafa, do you two come over here to talk about the relationship that I am positive has already started or did you come here to talk us out of it as well? Because if the second one is the case, I’m sorry, but I’m going to have to ask you both to leave.” My husband stands, but Lorena interrupts.

            “Why are you both supporting it? Not being rude at all, I, personally, just want to know the reasons behind your support. We’ve barely seen Mackenzie since she was 17, and even you two have to admit she was..”

            “Do not finish that sentence. The way Kenzie was when she was a teenager was a result of her family. She changed a lot when she lived with you guys, but even then, Adrianna was really the only person in that house that Mackenzie let all her walls down for. It breaks my heart that we were in LA when she went through all that, but it’s in the past. She has grown up so much since moving to New York. You need to base your decision for this relationship on the present, not the past.” I tell them honestly before George adds.

            “Not that yours’ or ours’ or anyone’s decision matters, because it’s their relationship. Their decisions are the only ones that count. You two haven’t talked to Mackenzie since the break-up, so I suggest that you all let this play out. The girls are strong and tough and stubborn as hell, they aren’t going to let each other go without a fight.”

            “But, honestly, even from when they were teenagers, do you two really think they won’t live happily ever after?”

            The other two parents seem to contemplate all of this for a couple minutes before speaking up again. “I would just really want to know that they have talked about things. Like how they are going to handle kids. Are they going to move in together right away or continue to live like they are now, because that will get extremely hard with their career paths and kids.”

            “What about financially? They both have rent, bills, and everyday life expenses.”

            “Well, let’s talk to them about it.” I say before standing up and walking out of the room.

Mackenzie’s POV

            I slowly come out of my slumber when I hear the Blu-ray menu music playing softly and murmured whispers coming from outside the fort. I instantly tense my body, which causes the brunette next me to start stirring. I crack my eyes open to see the top blankets of the fort being lifted and I squeeze my eyes shut again and bury my face into Adrianna’s neck.

            “At least they’re sleeping this time.” A small laugh states and I realize I recognize the voice, but I still don’t dare to move, just in case my mind is playing a trick on me. I feel Adrianna continue to slowly wake up as the voices continue to talk.

            “We were lucky never to deal with ‘accidental walk-ins’ at our house.”

            “This was a really cute fort, I have to give that one to Adrianna.”

            “What can I say, the girl learned all her romantic gestures from her old man, here.”

            The others laugh.

            “Adrianna, mija, we know you’re awake, so you can quit faking.” Her mother whispers in our direction.

            “Okay, but only if Mackenzie quits faking it too.” She giggles and I feel movement in my stomach from butterflies instead of babies. I let out a long breath and secretly place a quick kiss on her neck before moving to get up.

            “I need help.” I pout up towards Mama Rivera, who smiles and moves to help me stand up.

            “How’re you feeling?”

            “My back hurts.” George and Rafael are cleaning up the fort, much to the dismay of myself and my.. well, I guess we haven’t really put a label on what we’re doing again.

            “Sit on the couch, I’ll get you some water. Hopefully all these new pains you’re having means the babies are growing more.”

            “Not to be rude, but what are you all doing here, it’s almost midnight and mamí where’s Autumn?” Adrianna asks as she sits next to me on the couch and pulls my right hand into her left.

            “Autumn is home sleeping and your sister has the monitor, so don’t worry, and we’re here to talk to the both of you before this party on Saturday. We want to know where you both stand with this new development of your relationship.” Adrianna’s couch is a u-shape and I feel like we’re surrounded by parents. On my left side is Adrianna’s parents and on her right side are the Riveras.

            Adrianna looks to me with wide eyes for an answer, but I just shrug. We just woke up less than five minutes ago. She turns back to the parents, “I guess we haven’t labeled it yet.”

            “So, are you dating? Committed? Or just fooling around?”

            “I don’t think we’re fooling around. I’m pretty serious about this.”

            “My dad means ‘friends with benefits,’ Kenzie.”

            “I’m eight months pregnant! I’m not benefitting anyone this way.” The other women in the room stifle a laugh and the dads both seem to breathe a sigh of relief. “I would say we’re definitely committed, but like Ade said, we haven’t put a label on anything. I think there’s more to talk about before we do that.”

            “What has been discussed so far?”

            My date looks away from me, because she knows the answer I have to give isn’t going to please the four elders in the room. “N-nothing.”

            “So, you’re telling us, that you both have been hanging out for a month and going on dates and in another month will have three kids between the two of you, but you haven’t discussed the most basic aspects of how a relationship will work out for you both?”

            “Papí, we’ve gone on two dates! Just two. Last night, Mackenzie took me to dinner and tonight we hung out here. It’s not that major.”

            “Not that major? Adrianna, let me explain something. Okay? Now, I meant what I said earlier about how Conner and Anya are going to know you as their mother. I fully believe that and will support the five of you in whatever ways you need me to, but listen. You both need to sit down and have a serious conversation about what all of this means for the two of you and those three babies. They deserve to know stable, healthy parents. Both fathers are out of the picture as of now and they don’t need you two coming in and out as well.”

            “You both need to figure out finances, current jobs and future careers. What if Nick and Kyle want to come back into their children’s lives?”

            “Okay, and we will discuss all that, but why can’t we just enjoy being back in each other’s lives right now?” I am starting to get a little upset and I feel like they want to rush us into this, but at the same time, they’re giving off vibes like they don’t want us together at all.

            “Sweetheart.” Mama Rivera moves to my free side and pulls me into a hug. I relax into her, but realize I never let my hand leave Adrianna’s. “Career wise, where do you see yourself next year?”

            “I don’t know. Acting, maybe.”

            “Red carpets and interviews, just like your sister?”

            “Yea. It comes with the territory, but I’m used to it.”

            “Now personally, when they ask you if you’re in a relationship, what will you tell them?”

            “They won’t ask.” I can feel the looks of disbelief spread across everyone’s faces.

            “Honey, they always ask.”

            “But they won’t ask me, because Adrianna will be there with me.” I turn to look back at the brunette, squeeze her hand, and send her a smile. “They won’t ask me, because it won’t be a secret.”

            When the parents were done talking with us, I was just going to leave, but Ade and I decided that we should talk more about what all this would mean for our futures and families and careers, just everything.

            “On a scale of one to ten, how serious are you about this? I don’t want to pressure you into something that you aren’t ready for.”

            “Honestly, I would say an eight, for a few reasons.” I rush before she has a chance to interrupt. “One, the kids. You already have a one year old and I’m due at the end of next month. That means the two of us are going to have three kids at the age of 21. Two, financially. I refuse to have financial help from the Rivera’s and my family’s out of the picture. I want to try and raise Conner and Anya as debt free as I can. And three, I’m still scared of what Kyle could do.”

            “I thought you had a restraining order?” We’re facing each other now. She places her hand on my knee and I rest mine over it.

            “I do, but when the twins are born, we’re going to have to go to court again. It can go one of two ways. He could fight for custody or he gets nothing. Hopefully, the judge rules for nothing or he just doesn’t fight it and the restraining order will remain in effect.”

            “Well, if that’s the case then I will be there for you no matter what. My family will be too. On the same scale, I would say I’m around nine. That being for the financial reason. I know we could handle the kids. We were always in charge of babysitting for events when we dated, so I’m not worried about that. However, financially, it will be hard. I am raising Autumn by myself. While I accept gifts and things for her, I would never outright accept money from my family or anyone.”

            “Are you going to continue working through your externship though? That’s a full forty hours a week by itself and I’m not working until at least a month after the twins are born.”

            “I will be working through my externship, but it doesn’t start until mid-October and my family is really cool about my job, so they’re willing to let me cut my hours and work more from home when it starts.”

            “Describe what exactly you do again, because I know it’s some crazy numbers thing.”

            “It’s not some crazy numbers thing, I just run the merchandise and food and drink numbers for the LA clubs. Sometimes I have to go into the actual clubs to figure things out, but now that managers have settled and we don’t have a revolving door of employees anymore, it’ll be easier to run and order things from home.”

            “Okay, well that’ll be good. I think I’m going to look into acting more again, at least once the twins are born. Not anything big to where I’m gone all day, every day, but maybe some small commercials or things. You know, just to make some extra money.” I tell her with a bit of uncertainty. I really do love acting, but I haven’t done anything since we were teenagers and they were just commercials or photo shoots for magazine ads.

            “Do you really want to or does it have anything to do with what Naya told you earlier?”

            “Don’t.” I deadpan.

            “I’m sorry, it’s going to take getting used to this whole ‘we’re friends now thing.’”

            “You don’t have to be friends, but you need to not be rude and hostile about the other person or I’m walking. I’m serious, Ade.” We lock eyes and I know she sees the truth in them. “And I really do want to act. It’s just I don’t want to act while I’m pregnant. I understand the show is looking for someone new, but they already played the pregnant teen with Quinn in the first season. Plus, it’ll be like Naya got me the job and I don’t want to do that.”

            “Well, if you really want it, why not start now. This is almost a guaranteed job. It would be silly to pass on it just because your ego. And you don’t know how the storyline is going to play out. I’ll support you either way, but I think you should go for it.”

            “We’ll see. So, you’re okay with the whole three kids thing? Not that we’re sharing money or living together or anything like that, but with scheduling and stuff, it’s going to be hard to make time for each other and for the kids.”

            “Quit worrying, Kenzie. Everything will be fine. We’re going to just take it one day at a time. Alright?” She leaned in towards me and kissed me. I quickly returned the kiss and felt her run her tongue across my bottom lip. My mouth opened, allowing her the access she wanted and our small kiss slowly turned into a heated make-out session.

            “So,” she breathed out, trying to regain her breath. “We’re doing this? Can I officially introduce you as my girlfriend again at the party on Saturday?”

AGMJAGMJAGMJ

            I’m currently sitting in Eric’s office with him, Ryan, and Amanda where they shoot the ‘Two Gays and a Lady’ YouTube show and we’re supposed to be recording their next video, but instead we’re about to do a livestream.

            “Okay, so I’ve been tweeting about this all day and we’re going to have a couple hundred people at least. A lot are excited that you’re going to be on, Kenzie.” Eric informs the three of us as we set up the laptop on the desk.

            “Alright. Ready?”

Mackenzie, EricRyanAmanda

Everyone: HI EVERYONE!

So, we’re back with Mackenzie! A lot of you have been asking for her to do a video with us and so we decided to do a livestream and you all can start sending your questions for us all and we’re going to answer as many as we can in the next…

I’d say no more than 30 minutes, but we’ll see where it takes us.

So, start sending in questions! How’ve you been Kenz? We haven’t had you on since the babies’ announcement.

I’ve been good! My little dancers are still small, due to issues at the beginning of my pregnancy which I’m sure you all heard about and why I haven’t been on here at all. They are always moving and kicking, like right now, but I’m so excited to be here! I’ve missed you all!

Alright, so let’s get to these questions.. A lot of questions for you, Kenz.

Oh boy.. lay em on me, I’ll answer as much as I can.

Okay, what sex are the babies?

You mean, Mr. Godfather here hasn’t told everyone already?

Hey, I resent that! I can keep secrets.

*stage whispers* No he can’t.

*Everyone laughs*

I’m having one of each! A boy and a girl.

Do you want to share the names?

No. I’m sorry, everyone, but I want to keep them to just family and close friends at least until they’re born. Then I’m sure you’ll see them all over Instagram and Twitter, between these three and Naya and Mychal.

Okay, let’s switch it up. What made us start Youtube?

Actually, it was Mackenzie and Naya that wanted to start something, so they made like, I think, five or six videos and then Naya got some spots on a couple shows and so Amanda and I joined in the videos and then, yea.. they just kind of became these over time.

How much longer are you planning on doing videos? Well, we’ve done them for what, five years now, almost. I don’t plan on quitting soon. They’re fun! Unless another opportunity comes up, we’ll be here.

Mackenzie are you going to come back to the show?

I will always be here for support and the occasional video or livestream, but no. Again, sorry, but with the babies coming and I actually have a huge career opportunity that I’ve been talking about with Naya and some other people and that will definitely be keeping me busy.

Would you consider doing your own channel with the babies, like the Shaytards?

That was not a question, Ryan.

Yes it was. My question. So answer.

I absolutely adore the Shaytards, but I wouldn’t want to copy them. I don’t know. It would be fun, but I’m not sure I could put that much dedication into my life. I’m just not that interesting.

Whatever!

Next question: Will any of you come to Brazil?

I want to so bad!

Why is it always Brazil? Does everyone on social media live in Brazil?

I want to, also! I’ve heard it’s beautiful there! I’m down to go whenever I get the money saved. I want to ask a question. Let’s see… Here’s one. How long have Eric and Ryan been dating?

We’ve been dating for 11 months. We started dating right before Fourth of July last year.

How did you meet?

That’s not a question, Mackenzie.

Yes it is. My question. So answer. *winks and laughs*

We met at a party that Mackenzie and Naya were throwing. I had just met Mackenzie and she invited me to this thing that they were hosting at a club in downtown LA. She introduced me to Eric and we started dating two weeks later.

*whispers to Eric* Don’t ask me that question. *points at screen*

*whispers* Oooo.. Okay. We’ll talk later.

Next question.. Mackenzie, would you rather eat a worm or cockroach?

Worm!

*softly laughs* That’s gross. Neither.

Neither for myself, as well.

I’d pick the cockroach.

*deadpans* No! Choose a worm. You’d just swallow it whole and not even have to think about whether it climbed back up your throat. It’d be in your stomach and the acid would eat it all up. And then you wouldn’t have to worry. It’s over. Because if you had a cockroach, it’s alive and it’s got really nasty, nasty legs. And it’s in your mouth and you can’t find it to eat it and so it’s like biting your tongue. That’s really gross.

*Eric, Ryan, and Amanda laugh hysterically*

I absolutely love the way your mind works!

*deadpans* No, but seriously, think about it! So, it starts crawling down your throat and it’s eating alive at your esophagus. Then it climbs back up your throat and it scratches and then it’s back on your tongue and you finally find it and then you bite it in half but then it splits into two cockroaches. And all of a sudden your problem is doubled!

*They continue to laugh*

Stop, please. I can’t anymore!

*smirks* I’m not finished. I need for you all to understand! *deeply inhales and deadpans again* Now you have two cockroaches to eat when you could have just eaten the worm! It’s really easy for you if you choose a worm! Or you can fight with a cockroach and have it get to your stomach and let it lay babies and all of a sudden it’s eating alive at your innards! And you’re dead and you’re lying in your bed and everyone is wondering why you’re not waking up!

*continued laughter*

Okay, Kenzie, I get it! I’d choose the worm!

*maintains smile* Yes, choose the worm! Because if you ate the cockroach, the colony of cockroaches would have eaten your heart. And then you wouldn’t know how to breathe and you’re dead and everyone at your funeral would be crying, because you got eaten from the inside by a colony of cockroaches when all you could have done was, at the beginning, chosen to eat a worm!

*laughter doubles*

I’m done now. *laughs* I can’t keep a straight face anymore!

I cannot believe you just said that whole thing barely breaking. You are a fucken genius, Kenzie Lynn!

Hey, language around little ears. *smirks and holds hands on sides of stomach* My turn again. Amanda, what do you do for a living?

Umm.. this and I work at Starbucks and I go to school full-time. What’s everyone’s favorite music genre?

Pop

Pop

I can’t answer that! I like a bunch of different stuff. *pouts*

We can all attest to this. You’ll be in Kenzie’s car and it’ll go from Fifth Harmony to 50 Cent to Taylor Swift to, like, disco to fifties to Demi Lovato. She loves all music.

What projects are in the near future for everyone?

Well, Amanda and I have a spot on an online comedy show which we’ll be plugging more in future videos, so look out for that. Nothing really for Ryan, I don’t think.

*shakes head* No, I’m on break from filming the show right now. So, I’m just relaxing and supporting this crazy guy with his stuff. I don’t think we start filming season three until August. That’s the plan right now.

I actually have a few things I want to try out before these babies come. I think I said earlier that I’m talking with Naya and a few of her costars about some things. *reads screen* Is Heya on? What’s Heya?

*Eric and Amanda facepalm* It’s your sister and Heather. H-E-Y-A. Heya.

Ohh! I’m not going to get into my sister’s business. I don’t even know. We got into an argument yesterday about my personal life, so I’m not going to blast hers for everyone.

Is she still going to the birthday party on Saturday?

She better.

Okay, I actually think we’re out of time. I’m really sorry, but we all have plans for lunch. Find us all on Twitter and Instagram. It’s just “at” and then our names. So, @ericrichmond, @amandahooser, @ryansweeting. Then Mackenzie’s is @mackjack. Tweet us your future projects and how cute these twins are going to be with a mommy as gorg as Kenz. *winks*

*everyone says bye and waves at screen*



© 2016 Brittana0909


Author's Note

Brittana0909
Honestly, I'm in such a slump with this story and I haven't been able to write in it for about two years, but it's a goal of mine to finish, because it's the first thing I've ever written. Any constructive reviews could help or anything that would be cool to write about in future chapters. Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on June 12, 2016
Last Updated on June 12, 2016
Tags: fiction, adrienzie, babies, family, girlxgirl, hollywood, lesbian, lgbt, love, relationship, rwyb, soul mates, toddlers, twins


Author

Brittana0909
Brittana0909

Los Angeles, CA



Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Brittana0909


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Brittana0909