Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

A Chapter by Brittana0909

Mackenzie’s POV

            “What are you doing here?” My arms, as instinct, wrap around my torso as I walk up next to Naya, who’s arms are crossed and eyes narrowed at the man standing at the bottom of the patio steps.

            “I saw on Twitter that you were up at the cabins and I remember from when you were younger how much you loved it up here. I bought a cabin not too far from here, a little more up the hill. I-I just wanted to see how you were doing.”

            “I thought no one knew we were up here, Kenz?”

            “Naya, I-I swear I didn’t tell him!”

            “Don’t blame, Mackenzie. She put it on Twitter. No one knows exactly where the cabins are, she didn’t put that. I just remember from years ago.” Even though I really want to listen to and believe him, I just don’t. There’s something behind his eyes that is just as suspicious and deceitful as always.

            “Okay, well, I’m trying to have a good time with my family and friends, so I think you should leave.”

            “Please, Mackenzie. I saw that you posted, and it’s all over entertainment news, that your kids were born. I would like to see them too. Maybe catch up a bit.”

            “My kids are none of your concern and I don’t really give a f**k what you’d like to do, but you are not going to come into this house. Now, I really think you should leave before I get Miguel and Carlos out here to escort you off the property.” I tell him before remembering that Miguel and Carlos are gone for the day.

            The other blonde lets out a slightly defeated, but more smug laugh. “Nothing’s changed with you, Mackenzie. Always having someone else fight your battles for you, huh? Naya and Mychal’s ‘little sister’ always the center of attention.”

            “Okay, you know wha-!” I pull Naya back and move to stand in front of her.

            “What was your real reason for coming here? Huh? To catch up with me and see the twins or to get into the house just to berate all of us in it? You have been out of my life for years and there’s no reason for you or your family to come back into it! You need to leave right now, if you aren’t off the property within the next thirty seconds I will call the police. Leave!”

            There was a bit of hesitation from the man, but I held my ground and continued to stare into his eyes, hoping and praying to anyone who will listen that he can’t see me shaking in fear. Finally, after what feels like hours, but in reality is exactly thirteen seconds, he turns and walks back to his car. Once the car was out of sight, I collapse into Naya’s arms and she gently guides us so we’re sitting down on the steps.

            “Do you need your medicine?” I shake my head quickly even though it’s hard for me to breathe right now. I just need to get over this and go back and help Adrianna. I continue to gasp for breath and try and calm myself down. I close my eyes and focus on my breathing when I hear a car pull up and I panic thinking he’s back. I choke on my sobs and refuse to open my eyes, burying my face into Naya’s chest.

            “He’s back! I-I can’t.” I continue to cry the same chant into Naya’s shirt.

            “Naya, Kenzie what’s going on?” I vaguely hear Carlos asking as a ton of footsteps are heard running up the front steps. Another car pulls up and before I can process it, Naya is whispering in my ear.

            “Shh.. It’s just Ade’s parents.” I shake my head into her and start patting her chest and then my chest. “Where’s your medicine?”

            “A-A-Ade.”

            “I’m on it.” Miguel rushes into the house and I assume Naya gave the look of ‘not now’ to whoever else is on the porch, because everyone is silent until Miguel comes back and I feel a hand on the back of my shoulder.

            “Kenzie, baby, here take this.” Ade gives me the inhaler and I take it before she moves our hands so I can feel her heartbeat to calm down. I lock eyes with her and neither of us break eye contact until I’m completely calm, but I still cannot stop the tears from falling. Naya stands me up with her since Ade’s ankle cannot support both of us and I see that no one else is outside now except for the three of us and Heather.

            We walk into the house and Ade sits in the empty recliner. I silently grab some throw pillows and place them under her ankle before squeezing onto the oversized chair with her. I curl into her, careful that my legs don’t rest on top of her right leg.

            “Okay, my lovelies, you two have some explaining to do. First, mija, what happened to your ankle? You were fine when your father and I left.”

            “I twisted it when we were hiking. I was trying to hide it from Kenz, but she found out anyway.”

            “Doesn’t she always?” Rafa laughs and it definitely helps to lighten the mood.

            “Yea, I didn’t want anyone to have to worry about me though, but it really hurts.”

            “It’s swollen and already bruising. I’m not sure if she needs to go to the hospital, but one of you should probably look at it.” I tell the family.

            “Pero Adrianna, you are studying to be a nurse, why don-.”

            Before Adrianna can interrupt with an excuse, Lilly is quick to say, “Yea, but daddy, she probably hasn’t gotten to that area of study yet. I think she was telling me the other day that she’s studying something about blood right now. Right, Ade?”

            “Umm.” Ade stutters in shock. “Y-yea. We’re learning about drawing blood right now.” Quickly sending an appreciative glance to her sister before running her fingers through my hair and I rest my head against her chest again, just listening to her heartbeat and trying to stay calm. I really just want to go home now, but it’s the Fourth of July and we have a bonfire and dinner planned already.

            “Choochie, who was outside?” The room is quiet now and Adrianna didn’t have to ask the question loud. My eyes widen and tears pool in them before I answer.

            “My brother.” I whisper.

            “Who?” A couple people question, unable to hear my response.

            “Tyler.” Naya answers. “Her brother.” Adrianna rubs soothing circles with her thumb on my arm as she wraps her arms around me, protectively.

            “What did he want?”

            I look at Naya and she understands that she can answer. “He claimed to have wanted to catch up with her and to see the twins, but when she told him he wasn’t allowed in the house, he got really upset and accused her of being weak. She stood her ground though and told him off. Had to threaten to call the cops, but he left. I’m proud of you, sissy.”

            “Thank you.” I whisper and close my eyes, the medicine finally kicking in and my adrenaline crashing from my attack.

Adrianna’s POV

            The group continues to make small talk and I can feel Mackenzie slowly getting heavier on my chest. “Baby, why don’t you go lay down in Lilly’s bed? You’re exhausted.”

            “No. Iwansaywiou.” I smile and the rest of the room lets out quiet laughs at her sleep talk. I forgot she even did that. I place a kiss to the top of her head. “Come on Kenz, let’s lay you down. Get up.”

            “Noo-uhh.” She whines and tightens her hold around my waist. “Sayhere.”

            Naya and Heather get up with Conner and Anya and move over to the side of the recliner before Naya leans over and whispers something into Kenzie’s ear. It’s so quiet even I can’t hear her, but Kenzie does and quickly sits up looking down at her chest. She then scowls at Naya and whines again. “That’s not funny, Naya Marie!”

            Naya is cracking up and nodding her head in response. “Come on, girl. Ade needs her ankle checked out and you need to pump anyway. Let’s go back to our cabin for a little bit.”

            “Okay.” My girlfriend, I still love that title, leans back over and places a firm, but smooth kiss on my lips and I almost, almost whine when she pulls back, remembering my family in the room. She gets up out of the chair, but before she can walk away, I grab her hand and pull her towards me to whisper. “What did she tell you?”

            She leans into my ear. “She said I was leaking through my shirt.” She pulls back with her pout firmly on her face, but I still can’t help but laugh. That was brilliant! “It’s not funny, Ade!”

            “I’m sorry, Kenz, but it is.” I look to Naya who shrugs it off with a smug smirk glued to on her face. I quickly kiss her pout, which turns into a small smile and the three of them walk out.

            “So, mamí, can you look at my ankle, please?” She nods and walks silently over to me, making sure to lock her slightly narrowed eyes with mine the entire time. She pokes and prods and it hurts like hell until she stops, stands up, and says, “It’ll be okay. Definitely twisted, but just stay off of it as much as you can for a couple days and you should be good.”

            “Okay, thank you. I’m going to hobble over to the other cabin and put Autumn down before dinner. What do you want me to help with once I’m done?”

            “I think your father and I will be good. If not, I’ll come over and get you girls.”

            “Okay. Lilly, do you wanna come with?”

            “Sure!”

            We walk over to the cabin, well really I hobbled, and Lilly waits in the living room while I put Autumn down in the nursery with the already sleeping twins. I look in the room I’m sharing with Kenzie and cannot find the blonde. So, I make my way back downstairs and knock on Naya and Heather’s door.

            “Come in.” I hear Heather muffled through the door. I open it and see Mackenzie sleeping in the bed, Heather reading a book next to her. “Hey, Naya’s in the shower, but Mackenzie came in after she pumped to talk and wait for her and the next thing I knew she was asleep.” She shrugs and laughs.

            “It’s okay. I’ll move her up to our room if you want.”

            “No, it’s fine. Once Naya’s out, I’m going to take a shower. She’s not in our way.”

            “Okay, Lilly came over, so I’m going to talk with her for a little bit in the living room.”

            “Okay!”

            I walk back out to the living room and sit with my sister, making sure to elevate my foot on a couple pillows on the couch. “So, how did you find out?”

            “What do you mean?”

            “Lilly, I know you know I’m not in school. We never had a conversation about drawing blood.”

            “I saw you out with your friends, I guess the day you found Kenzie again. You were supposed to be at school that day.”

            “You’ve known for months?” I interrupt. “And you haven’t said anything?”

            She just shakes her head. “No, it’s your life. I figured you had a good excuse. Obviously, you talked to the other nurses at the hospital when Kenz had the twins, because no one said anything then either.”

            “I did. It just wasn’t for me though, but I don’t know what I want to do. So, I’ve been saving the money that mom and dad give me for school and even saving the money that I’d be putting towards it. I swear I’m not just blowing the money, Lilly.”

            “I believe you, but why not just tell mom and dad, instead of hiding.”

            “I just want a set plan before I tell them, you know. Everyone else is already set with their careers. Miguel is the owner of three of the biggest clubs in LA, Carlos is a freaking Imagineer with Disney, Nickayla has been modeling since we were kids. I need a plan. A really good one before I talk to them.”

            “Have you come up with anything?”

            “Kenz and I have brought up something, but we haven’t really gott-.”

            “What are we talking about out here?” Naya comes out of the bedroom drying her hair with a towel before sitting down on a lounge chair across from us. I look to Lilly who makes it clear she isn’t going to say anything about me to one of her idols. Instantly, she goes from my little sister to a weird fangirl with wide eyes and silent stares.

            “I have to come clean to my parents about not going to school.” I admit.

            “How long haven’t you been going?”

            “Well, it’s July now? So, just over two months.”

            “How the hell have you kept that from your parents that long? My mom would have been all over you if you even thought about dropping out. And Kenzie finds everything out too. I swear, those two really are blood related sometimes.”

            “I don’t know. I just try and avoid talking about it with them as much as I can, but a couple weeks before Kenzie and I met each other I stopped going.”

            “Why? When you guys were dating before, Kenz wouldn’t stop talking about how you were going to be a nurse. She was so excited and proud of you. Not saying she won’t be now, but she will want to know why you aren’t going.”

            “She already knew something was up.” Heather says as she walks out of the bedroom. “She was asking me questions on the way back from our hike, about trust and stuff. She knew you were hiding something. I think that’s why she brought up you joining the show.”

            “God, that girl always knows.” I throw my head back onto the couch and think about what needs to be done.

AGMJAGMJAGMJ

            “I want to come clean with something before we start the party tonight.” I announce to everyone at the patio table. Everyone quiets down and I look to Kenz for one last push of confidence to say this to my parents. I am just so nervous that my parents will be upset and I’ll ruin the whole night, but I have to do this. I can’t hide it anymore.

            “Go ahead, mija.”

            “I’m not in school anymore. I-I haven’t been for the last two months. Before you ask, I do sort of have a plan in mind, it’ll just take a couple weeks before we can have everything finalized, but Kenz and Naya and Heather are all supporting me in the decision.”

            “We already knew, Adrianna, so you can calm down.”

            “I don’t wan-… wh-what?” I gape at my parents as they continue to casually put food onto their plates. “What do you mean, you already know? Why didn’t you tell me? Aren’t you ups-?”

            “Calm down. It’s okay. The school had called assuming that my monthly tuition check had been automatically taken out by accident. They told me that you had withdrawn from your classes. At first, I was a little upset, but I talked to your father and we decided to let you come to terms with everything on your own. That’s why, last month, we gave you the check instead. Now, what does this plan entail?”

            It takes me a couple minutes to process what just happened; I just kind of stare wide eyed between my parents wondering how I didn’t realize that they knew. They still continued to watch Autumn whenever I ‘had class’ and would ask me how school was, but never pushed for the subjects that I was learning.

            “Babe.” I feel an elbow into side and I turn towards Kenz, who is adjusting a blanket over her chest to feed Conner. She looks at me with curious eyes as if to say, ‘Why aren’t you answering?’

            “Huh? Oh, um, I’m thinking of acting instead.”

            “What brings this up?” My dad asks, not condemning the idea, just asking for conversation.

            “Well, I was in drama club in high school and a cheerleader. I’ve always liked entertaining people and it’s just something I want to try out. I’m young, I have time to figure things out.”

            “Does this have anything to do with Mackenzie being on the show?”

            “I’m not on the show, Lorena.”         

            “Not yet, but it’s been all over entertainment news since your baby shower and the whole cast showed up. They say that you’re going to be coming on the show in the next season. So, I’m assuming by Adrianna saying that she’s going to be acting and with you three supporting her, she’s going to be on the show too?”

            “Well, Lorena, we can’t promise anything. I mean, Heather and I can put in a good word for her. Mack is like everyone’s little sister, she’s always on set and has been an extra on the show before, so she’s almost guaranteed a spot, but Adrianna will probably have to audition first.”

            “Okay.” My father simply shrugs his shoulders and moves to start eating, which seems to work for everyone else too considering none of my siblings say a word about my decision.

            “Th-that’s it? You’ll support me?”

            “Adrianna Isabella, when have your mother and I ever shot down a decision you’ve made? We may not like it at first, but in the end, it’s your life. You will live with the outcome. This family will be behind both of you and if either of you need help, we will be here to give it to you.”

            “Thank you, daddy.”

            “What about the babies? Three kids are going to be hard to look after when you both are on set all day.”

            “Well, we aren’t starting to film until mid to late August, so they have time to figure things out.”

            “I know, Naya, I just want them to make sure they’re thinking everything through.”

            “Well!” Lilly interrupts, immediately breaking the tense tone my mother just brought into the conversation. “I think it’ll be amazing! And not just because I love the show.” She sends me a wink and the group laughs.

            “How’s everyone sleeping? Everyone comfortable?”

            “Yea, we’re good, mom, but couldn’t you have gotten wheels with locks on them for the beds in mine and Lil’s room? Every time I roll over, I feel like the bed is going to shoot out from under me.”

            “Wait! Mom, they have wheels? Where were the friggen wheels when we were teenagers?”

            “Oh, mija, you really think I was going to let a house full of teenagers and their hormones and boyfriends and girlfriends into beds that they could have sex in? You’re lucky your father and I didn’t catch you two moving those beds at night. Nickayla told us the next morning when you two were moving them back.”

            “Oh my gosh.” I hear Kenzie start frantically whispering and Naya is hiding her smile and laughter, horribly, behind her hand next to her. “Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh.”

            “It’s fine, Kenzie. Let’s just eat, everyone, okay?”

AGMJAGMJAGMJ

            Everyone’s outside at the bonfire, the fireworks long past, when the baby monitor goes off and Mackenzie starts standing up. “That’s Anya, they’re probably hungry again.”

            “Do you want me to go in with you, babe?” I am already moving to get up with her, but she places her hands on my shoulders and gently pushes me back into the chair before giving me a soft kiss.

            “I’ll be fine, honey, I actually think I’m going to shower and head to bed after I feed them. I love you though.” She places another kiss on my lips and forehead before kissing Naya and Heather goodnight. “Good night, everyone, see you in the morning!”

            Everyone calls their sentiments back before everyone settles into conversation again. “She’s been really tired today. Even after that, what, three hour nap this afternoon. She still kept yawning all through dinner.”

            “You gotta watch her with her medicine, Ade. Ever since she started weaning off the PPD medicine, whenever she takes her inhaler after an attack, she gets really tired. Sorry, I thought you knew.”

            “No. That was the first attack I’ve been around since that night with her and Conner.”

            “Well, I’d love to stay and talk, but I’m going to head in as well.” Heather says getting up.

            “Baby, I can come with you.”

            “I’m fine, Naya, I’m going to take a shower before Kenz gets in.” She leans over and gives her girlfriend a kiss. “Don’t think either of you are getting into bed smelling like a campfire, either. Ade, you know how Kenz is about clean sheets.” Heather laughs and says good night to the group while walking towards our cabin.

            “Wow, cause you two aren’t whipped or anything.” Carlos laughs and the rest of my family joins in.

            “I am not!” I protest, but Naya simply shrugs.

            “I’m whipped for both of those girls in there. No denying it. I will do whatever it takes for them to be happy. They’re happy and the world is a brighter place.” I smile over at her and she returns it. We both know just how powerful the truth is behind her statement. When Kenzie is upset, I’d do anything to make her happy again, because when she’s sad, she looks like a kicked puppy and no one can handle that.

            Throughout the next hour, Lilly, then Naya, then Nicka all went inside and soon it was coming on midnight and it was only the last seven of us outside. My brothers still throwing kindling into the fire to keep it going. “So, Adrianna, is acting what you really want to do or are you just trying to make Mackenzie happy?”

            “Sí, mamá, it is what I want to do. I just never knew how I could before, because getting into the business is hard and with Autumn, I didn’t want to do that. I would have been content waiting a few years.”

            “Pero, what if they can’t get you on the show. Then what are you going to do. It’s not guaranteed. Your father and I were fine giving you the money last month, but you already have a job that you get paid quite well for already and we are not going to continue to support you when you don’t have a degree.”

            “So you’re saying that if I don’t get on the show, I’m not going to have a job in the family company anymore either?”

            “We all agreed that you would work with us as long as you were in school, because the hours were flexible and you could work from anywhere most of the time. If you’re not in school, then we will be hiring someone else for the position. The same thing was in place for your brothers and will be for Liliana if she chooses.”

            “Okay, I’ll figure something out, but I really don’t want to go back into nursing, mom.”

            “I know your mother asked this earlier, but do you have a plan for the kids if and when you both are on set?”

            “We haven’t really talked details yet, Kenz actually just brought up the idea earlier on our hike, but I would assume she’ll have the twins on set since she’s breastfeeding them or Yolanda will have them. As for Autumn, she’ll either be on set or be at the sitter’s.”

            “You two are not going to have three babies on set with you. It’s unprofessional. It’s one thing to visit with kids, it’s another to be working around them.”

            “Okay, well, we have two months to figure things out, but Kenzie is set on not having a nanny for the twins. She was raised by nannies and she doesn’t even want a babysitter around the twins, so she’ll have them or Mama Rivera will. I’ll just figure out what to do with Autumn, but like you both said, I’ll need to get the part first. Naya said she’d talk to Ryan next week about setting up an audition.”

            “Okay. That’s good. Please, let us know when it is and we’ll watch Autumn.”

            “So, sis, what’s it like to be twenty-one and have three kids?” Carlos laughs and I roll my eyes.

            “I don’t have three kids. Conner and Anya are not mine, Carlos.”

            “Please, ever since Autumn’s party you two have been attached at the hip, just like in high school. Those kids are practically yours. So, when are you two moving in together?”

            “I don’t know.” I let out softly. “I was going to ask her in a couple months.”

            “Adrianna Isabella!”

            “Ade, I was totally joking.”

            “Why, what’s wrong with moving in together?”

            “Ade, Alison and I have been dating for over a year and we don’t live together. Neither do Carlos and Holly. You two have been dating for, like, what a month?”

            “You guys aren’t like us though and you know it! We’re meant to be together. We’re meant to spend our lives together.”

            “And she’s already dumped you once, Ade.” Carlos interrupts me and I feel tears spring into my eyes.

            “Her parents broke us up. Her parents guilted her to move to New York, because they knew it’d get her away from me. They knew she wanted to be their perfect daughter, just like Quinn, they put her out there and left her! Just like they always did! You know they left her when she first told them that Kyle hit her?” I can see the look of shock come across everyone’s faces, but I can’t stop myself. “Yea! They sent her back to him instead of protecting her like I could have! Like the Rivera’s could have! They pushed it under the rug just like all her other problems. So, don’t, for a second, think you know her or us better than I do.”

            I catch my breath and move to walk back to the cabin, but quickly turn back around. “You know, for all the smoke you all blow about how you support us and want to help us, you all seem very hypocritical when it comes to adding Kenzie back into the family. You guys never had issues with her when we were teenagers. Now all of a sudden, she so much as blinks and you guys are changing your minds about her being in my life.

            Well, hear me right now, because this is the only time I’m saying it. Mackenzie Jackson is in my life to stay. She, and the twins, will always be my second priority after Autumn. So, you all can either accept that and how our relationship pans out or you all don’t have to be involved in our life together.”

            Mackenzie is sleeping when I come into the room and I decide to calm myself down in the shower before getting into bed. About half way through the steaming shower, I stop crying and feel my muscles start to relax. I turn the water off and hear Anya and Autumn both crying through the monitor. I quickly grab a towel and walk out to the bedroom as I hear Naya’s voice come through the monitor. Mackenzie is backwards in bed, a sure sign that she is overtired.

            I make a mental note to have her call the doctor on Monday, because she hasn’t turned in bed since we first started dating. We were sixteen and she would turn in bed whenever she was stressed and overtired. Her parents were having her going to different socialite classes and church classes on top of school and work.

            I decide to leave Mackenzie for now. I turn the monitor down and head down the hall to the nursery. “Hey.” I whisper to Naya who is feeding Anya in one arm and holding Autumn in the other, rocking the girls in the chair. I move to grab Autumn who is now asleep again to put her back in her pack and play.

            “Have you noticed that Autumn loves being around Anya until Anya cries? Then she gets fussy herself and moves away.” Naya laughs as well as me.

            “Yea, before you and Heather showed up at Kenzie’s the other day, Autumn ran out of the room when Kenz scared Anya and she started crying.”

            “Is Mack asleep?”

            “Y-yea. She’s backwards, so I decided to let her sleep. I just got out of the shower, so I figured I’d help.” I grab the extra bottle for Conner who is actually slightly fussy in his pack and play. “I don’t think he likes the pack and plays. The only time he’s ever been fussy is when he’s in them.”

            “Maybe. I think between the twins, now being here, and having the court date with Kyle coming up, she’s having a hard time sleeping.”

            “I cannot wait until this whole court thing is over. She’s terrified and I don’t know how to help her. You were there through all of it the first time, right?”

            “Kind of. My family was more in the background, because you know the Jackson’s. They hated that my family was in Mack’s life. So, we were there, of course, but it was hard to comfort her when she really needed it. But, her family isn’t going to be there this time. I doubt they even care. So, we’ll all be there. It’ll be easier too, because it won’t be in an actual courtroom, just a conference room with the lawyers and a judge.”

            “I just hope that Kyle doesn’t fight for anything. She isn’t going to be able to handle that.”

            “He won’t. At least I’m not thinking he will, the court date is on the tenth. That’s only six days away, he would have had to of declared something to the judge by now.”

            “Well, let’s hope.” I move to burb Conner and the two of us sit in relative silence before Naya speaks up again.

            “Thank you.”

            “Umm.. for?”

            “For sticking up for my sister. I know she didn’t want to break up with you.”

            “You heard that?”

            “Yea, Heather and I have our window open and I was on my phone before going to bed.”

            “I wouldn’t change the past, because Autumn wouldn’t be here. Your mom told me that and I wouldn’t know where I’d be without Autumn, but just know I didn’t want to break up with her either. I lo-.” I stop myself and look up to see a soft smile on the other woman’s face. “I love her, Naya. I have since before we dated and we were only sixteen. I won’t let other people tell me or us what is right for us.”

            “I know that. You and I are a lot alike, but Mackenzie won’t allow herself to be the one that comes between you and your family. You know that. I’m all for you two moving in together. I’m sure it’s going to happen sooner rather than later, but know that Mackenzie just moved into the house, she just had twins, and she’s going to be starting a new job that will have her busier than ever. One that you might be in yourself. So my only advice is this: Think about everything.

            Think about your family and friends. Mackenzie is going to be the last person to let you lose your family when she’s already lost hers. Think about Autumn. Think about your personal future. Acting is fun and it’s so rewarding, but with it comes paparazzi. I understand that everyone needs a job and most paparazzi are very nice. You smile, they snap a picture, and everyone goes on their day, but there are some fucked up people out there who will do anything to get a rise out of you and that includes bringing your kids and family and friends into things.

            Mack has been around it since the beginning, she’s seen the good and she’s seen the bad when it came to the trial, but you haven’t. I support you both one hundred percent, which I know how crazy that sounds coming from me, since, like, two months ago we hated each other, but I see how much you love her. I see how much you already love Conner and Anya and how Mackenzie is with Autumn. You are meant to be together. Just… talk about things together okay?”

            “Yea. I promise. And thank you. It means a lot to me to have you as a friend.”

            “Yea, well, Heather loves you two.” Naya tries to shrug it off, but I can see the sincerity behind her eyes and know she truly believes everything she’s said. “And don’t get too comfortable. If you want to date Mackenzie, you have to answer to a couple more people.”

            This confuses me, because who else is there? “Who? Your family is all good with me.”

            “Not our blood family.. our show family.” She smirks and places Anya back in the pack and play. I place Conner next to her, hoping to calm him. “They’ll keep it professional if you get a part, but just remember that Mack has a lot more older brother and sisters than me and Mychal.” She laughs as she leaves the room and I slump back into our bedroom.

            “Kenzie, baby, let’s trying sleeping on the pillow.” I gently shake her awake enough to flip her to the other side of the bed. “There. Isn’t that better?” I smile and crawl into bed behind her. Burying my face in her strawberry scented hair. I inhale deeply and feel myself relaxing at the familiar scent. Mackenzie scoots herself back further into me and I can barely make out what she says.

            “Goo’nigh, Ade.”

            “Good night, Kenz.” I place a kiss in her hair. “I can’t wait for everything we’re going to do together.”



© 2016 Brittana0909


Author's Note

Brittana0909
Honestly, I'm in such a slump with this story and I haven't been able to write in it for about two years, but it's a goal of mine to finish, because it's the first thing I've ever written. Any constructive reviews could help or anything that would be cool to write about in future chapters. Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on June 12, 2016
Last Updated on June 12, 2016
Tags: fiction, adrienzie, babies, family, girlxgirl, hollywood, lesbian, lgbt, love, relationship, rwyb, soul mates, toddlers, twins


Author

Brittana0909
Brittana0909

Los Angeles, CA



Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Brittana0909


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Brittana0909