Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

A Chapter by Brittana0909

Adrianna’s POV

            “Doctor Butler… Emmi, sorry. I really think she needs to be off this medicine. It’s not good for her. She’s agitated and short tempered. I think it’s clashing with her inhaler… Okay. She’s only taken it twice this week. She took it yesterday, but hadn’t taken it since Monday… Correct, she didn’t take it Tuesday or Wednesday, but she took her inhaler… Okay, so we’ll see you on Thursday for the twins’ checkup and you’ll check her out? Should she take it until then? Okay. Thank you, Emmi. Have a good day… Bye.”

            I hang up my cell and look up at Mackenzie who looks so adorkable in her glasses and oversized Mickey Mouse tank top. She’s casually eating her cereal and checking her phone.

            “Hey, you’re cute.” She stops mid-bite and looks up at me with the prettiest smile. She always has a pretty smile, but damn, she’s just beautiful right now. She puts her spoon back in the bowl.

            “Well, thanks, you’re pretty adorable too. And now I want a kiss.” We both lean in and smile into the quick kiss. “What are your plans for the day?”

            “Don’t think I don’t know what you’re doing, you don’t want to know what Doctor Butler said on the phone about your medicine.” She, again, rolls her eyes and moves to continue eating her cereal. “But I’ll play your game for now. Autumn’s appointment is in about an hour, so we’re going to have to head out in about thirty or forty minutes.”

            “Oh! I want to come with you. Please please please?” I laugh at her small pout, but we both know that I won’t win. “I have the twins wraps, so I can just carry them instead of bringing the stroller out.”

            “Okay, okay! It’s not like I would have said no. That means, you should start getting ready. You’re still in your sleep shirt.”

            “Okay, I will when I finish eating.” She tells me as she picks her spoon back up and starts eating a little faster. “What about the rest of your day?”

            “Just hanging out with my sisters and mom probably. Nicka is back from New York, so my mom wants to get the girls together for lunch. Do you want to come with?”

            “No, that’s your family time. I don’t want to impose.” Mackenzie finishes her cereal and takes her bowl to the sink, motioning for me to follow her while she gets ready. I grab Autumn from the living room and bring her into the bedroom with us, putting her on the bed in between the twins in their Noah baskets and turning the TV on for her.

            “It’s fine, Kenz, I can just tell them that you and the twins want to come. You know they won’t… mind.” My thoughts temporarily going blank at the sight of the blonde undressing before me. She looks amazing, even after less than a month after delivering the twins. I swear, except for a few stretch marks and her small, developing scar from the C-section, she has almost the same body as when we were teenagers.

            “No, really, it’s fine. I think I’ll go to lunch with Naya and Mychal. Mom and dad have plans, but I’ll see if they want to do something. Maybe we can meet up afterwards? Take Autumn to the park or something. Oh! Remember I told you last week about Lea and Dianna’s party tomorrow night? Are you able to go?”

            “Yea, Miguel and Ali are going to watch Autumn for me. What is the party even for?”

            “Yay! Okay, I’ll be sure to let Lea know and, who knows, they just like to have random parties. Well, I guess this one is not really a party, just a dinner with their friends.

            “So, like, the rest of the cast?”

            “I don’t know.” She shrugs while pulling on her shirt. “Probably, but I doubt it will be everyone.”

            “Do we need to be, like, dressed up?”

            “Are you nervous?” She smirks; a habit she’s picked up from the Rivera’s.

            “No.” I rush out. “I-I mean, I don’t need to be nervous. I’m not nervous.”

            “It’s okay to be nervous.” She walks up to me and snakes her arms around my neck. Pulling me down for a kiss. “You’re cute when you’re scared.” She laughs.

            “I’m not scared.”

AGMJAGMJAGMJ

“Hello, mija. How are you today?”

            “I’m good, mama, but I know you really would rather see your granddaughter.” I laugh as I pass Autumn to my mom as we sit down in the outdoor patio. Autumn instantly smiles and hugs her grandma and settles onto her lap. “Where’s Nicka and Lilly?”

            “Nickayla is picking Lilly up from Becca’s house on the way over. Mackenzie didn’t want to join?”

            I shake my head, not lifting my eyes from the menu. “I offered, but she decided she’d go to lunch with Naya and Mychal. We’re going to meet up later though.”

            My mother lets out a short laugh. “Inseparable again. Just like when you were teenagers.”

            “What are you getting at, mother?” I ask annoyed, because I can tell this is going to end up as a ‘I just think you’re doing something wrong, let me tell you how your father and I did it’ conversations that my parents love having with us.

            “I just think you two are moving too fast. Your father and I were never together as much as you and Mackenzie are and we didn’t have children with us. You two have been together almost every day since the twins were born.”

            “What are we talking about?” I turn around and am grateful to see my sisters walking towards the table. I stand to give them both hugs before sitting back down.

            “Mom was just telling me how wrong I’m living my life.”

            “Been there, done that.” Nicka whispers under her breath as she looks over the menu.

            “Alright, you two, acting like I’m some horrible mother. Ay dios mio! I’m not saying you’re living it wrong, just different and maybe making more difficult for yourself.” She shrugs.

            “Mamí, just because it’s different than you and dad doesn’t mean it’s harder.” Three of us look towards Lilly in shock, because she’s not one to talk much, especially against our parents. Lilly has always been a very quiet child, being the youngest of five kids. She is soft spoken and often looks to her friend, Becca, to vent and go to for advice. They’ve been attached at the hip since they were six.

            “Okay. I understand. I just don’t think you two should move in together. You’re rushing it.”

            “And I’m done with this conversation.”

            “Good!” Nicka interrupts. “Because I’m starving and don’t want to eat through an argument.”

Mackenzie’s POV

            “There’s my niece and nephew!” Mychal smiles as he takes both twins from the stroller. “You know, I had to get here before sis or else I’d never be able to hold them.” I laugh at the truth behind his words. “How are you?”

            “I’ve been good. Just keeping these two happy and hanging out with Ade and Autumn. How are you and Lea?”

            “We’ve been good! She’s excited, because she just got a huge event to run downtown in a couple months. I guess for some celeb’s birthday. She’s going to be in charge of all the planning and set up.”

            “That’s awesome! I’m so proud of her.”

            Lea is only twenty-three, but has worked her a*s off since she was a teenager to spread her name as a party and event planner. She has done a couple assists with some major parties, but this is the first party that she’ll be completely in charge of, so she definitely deserves it.

            “So, you’re going to be on the show with Nay?”

            “Yea, I’m going to try at least. If it’s too hard to do it with Conner and Anya then I’ll have to figure something else out. Ade is going to do a screen test too, so that’ll be fun.”

            “Are you two sure you’ll be able to work together and handle the kids and your relationship?” Genuine worry lacing his question.

            “No one’s sure of anything, but there’s no reason to not do something because of the ‘what ifs.’”

            “My babies! Hand them over. Auntie Naya’s here.” Naya quickly gives Mychal and I kisses on the cheeks before picking up Anya and cuddling her into her chest, smiling and cooing down to the three week old blonde. “How are my favorite siblings?”

            “Good. Ready for this dinner tomorrow. Mychal, you and Lea can still watch Conner and Anya, right?”

            “That’s the plan! Can we just crash at your place for the night? That way you don’t have to pack up everything.”

            “Of course.”

            The waiter comes and takes our order before collecting our menus and the three of us break into small conversation about our plans for the next month or so.

            “So, when did Ade finally leave last night? Did you two ‘do the dirty’ once we all left?” I choke on my water a little before putting my glass back down on the table.

            “Alright, hello? Brother. Right here. I don’t need to hear about that.” Mychal smirks and laughs, but covers his ears as if he was a child being told Santa isn’t real.

            “Okay, one.. what’s with the air quotes and who uses that phrase anymore? And two.. no we did not and even if we did, I wouldn’t be telling you. And three.. she didn’t leave. I invited her and Autumn to stay since it was late and Autumn was already asleep.” I shrug.

            “Was that the only reason?”

            “I didn’t want to be alone last night.” I whisper. “Court was horrible yesterday. I had a nightmare in the middle of the day. I didn’t trust myself. We decided this morning that she and Autumn will stay over at least until the twins’ check-up next Thursday. When we go in for their one month check-up, Dr. Emmi said she might take me off my PPD medicine, but until then I have to stop skipping doses.”

            “Mack, when have you skipped and why?” Mychal asks while gently rocking a cooing Conner in his arms.

            “Yesterday was the first day I took my medicine since Monday. It makes me all agitated and short-tempered. I don’t feel right on it and whenever I take it with my inhaler I pass out for hours. So, Ade is going to stay over just to make sure I don’t do anything stupid again… not that I plan on it!” I rush out before Naya can interrupt me.

            “Just don’t get too dependent on her, Kenzie.”

            “I won’t, sissy, but she is my girlfriend and I want her around. I thought you all were supportive of that.” I question, quickly taking another sip of my water to busy my hands.

            “Oh, we are supportive of you two. Our family isn’t the issue.”

            I can tell she regretted her last sentence quickly by the way her eyes widen and she looks to Mychal silently asking for help. I try to think of what she means by the statement, but I can’t. Everyone’s said they’re supportive, haven’t they? They all seem happy.

            “What do you mean ‘our family isn’t the issue?’” I ask lowly.

            “Mackenzie, please, I didn’t even mean to say that. It just slipped out.”

            “Well, it slipped for a reason, because you know something I don’t and I want to know what it is. Who isn’t supportive? My family?”

            “No.” Naya again looks to Mychal who decides now is the time to talk with a sleeping Conner.

            “You both know something, now one of you please tell me!” My hands occupying themselves with the bottom of my shirt.

            “A-Ade’s family doesn’t necessarily think you two should be moving as fast as you are. That’s all.” Naya doesn’t break eye contact and tries to play it cool, but is failing.

            “How do you know that? Did Adrianna tell you that?”

            “No, I overheard a conversation between Ade and her parents while we were camping last weekend. Ade talked about moving in with you soon and her parents kind of shot down the idea really quick and her brothers brought up the fact that you had already broke up with her once before. Kind of saying it as a what’s stopping you from doing it again, sort of thing.”

            “Bu-but why wouldn’t she tell me any of this? She hasn’t mentioned anything about moving in together or about the argument with her parents, nothing.”

            “She didn’t want to stress you! Mack, you’ve sort of been a ball of stress for the last nine months. Ade stood up to her parents and basically told them if they didn’t support you guys then they didn’t need to be involved at all.”

            “She can’t do that! I won’t let her lose her family over me.”

            “I told her that, but maybe you two should talk about it later, okay? Let’s relax right now and eat.”

AGMJAGMJAGMJ

            “All you gotta do when the lights are out and the figures on the walls are all around you.” I sing quietly to an almost dozing Autumn in the rocking chair. The twins already sleeping in their cribs from an afternoon at the park. “Call my name in the hour of night. I’ll hold you oh so tight. So, come a little closer. I’ll wipe away your tears. Close your eyes, don’t worry ‘bout the monsters in your head.”

            I look up when I see something shift by the door and see Adrianna smiling at the two of us, hair still in a towel. I swiftly avert my eyes and finish the song, slowly taking the little brunette’s thumb out of her mouth.

            “So, come a little closer, darling. I will wipe away your tears. Close your eyes, don’t worry ‘bout the monsters in your head. I’ll be your dream catcher.”

            I place the sleeping toddler in the pack and play she has set up in the nursery and move to exit, grazing straight past my girlfriend. It hurts to ignore her like this, but I think I’ve finally sorted my thoughts out enough to talk.

            “Babe, are you going to tell me what’s bothering you? This morning, you were totally fine and all afternoon I’ve gotten the cold shoulder.”

            I stay silent until we reach the couch in the living room before my thoughts spill out.

            “You can’t let me come between you and your family.”

            “What are you talking about?” She laughs out and my thoughts continue to tumble.

            “Naya told me. She told me about how you told your family you want to move in together and how they don’t think we should be moving this fast and it all makes sense now. They never liked how I’ve acted. When we were teenagers, your mom sat me down and told me I was acting too young because you carried my inhaler and helped me with my locker combo.

            Now, they’re questioning everything we do. Whether it’s work or dinner or why you were at the hospital so much when Anya was there. I don’t know why they don’t like me, but I can’t come between you and them. I won’t allow myself to be that person. I know what it’s like not to have family and it can hyper suck, Adrianna.”

            I feel my tears start stinging my eyes and rolling down my cheeks.

            “At the end of the day, I love you, Ade. I want what is best for you and Autumn. I won’t let myself or Conner or Anya come between you two and happiness. I would love to live with you two and have a life with you both, but if that means that you’re going to lose your family, then I won’t allow mysel-.”

            “I love you, too.”

            “And I jus-. Wh-What?”

            “I love you, too.” Adrianna’s smile widens as she moves closer to me on the couch and pulls me into a hug that I immediately relax into. “You said ‘I love you’ for the first time since we started dating again.” She pulls away and looks me in the eyes, her hands resting interlocked with mine. “I love you, too, so so much. I can’t even put into words. Like, have you ever just looked at someone and thought, ‘I really love you.’ That’s how it’s always been for me with you. You could be talking or humming or watching a movie or reading a book or laughing or something and there’s just something about you that makes me think, ‘I just really love you.’ You’re perfect, Mackenzie Lynn.”

            I look down trying to hide my reddening cheeks, but Ade is quick to lift my chin back up and place soft, butterfly kisses on my face and lips.

            “I’m far from perfect. I could have a flatter stomach, clearer skin, whiter teeth, better hair.. a lot of other things, but at least I don’t have an ugly heart. I love you, Adrianna Isabella.”

AGMJAGMJAGMJ

            “Do you like strawberries, Autumn?” The small, brown eyed girl smashing up strawberries and shoving them in her mouth. Her smile dripping with red juice. “You know, strawberries don’t grow on trees. I totally thought they did until, like, a couple months ago. Don’t judge.” I whisper. “Strawberries are actually part of the rose family? They represent ‘perfection.’”

            “No wonder they’re your favorite fruit.” I jump in surprise, turning towards Ade who is leaning against the kitchen door. A smile gracing her beautiful face.

            “I’m not perfect, Ade, weren’t you listening earlier?” I lean into her kiss on my temple while handing Autumn her sippy cup.

            “And weren’t you listening to me? You’re perfect for me, baby, and to me. You’ve had a lot of stuff try and take you down throughout your life and, yet, here you are. You’re a beautiful mother, an amazing girlfriend, an awesome sister and daughter, and you’re about to get the opportunity of a lifetime to work on a television show. Your friends adore you and you always see the best in people. I am so jealous of you for that.”

            “You’re all those things too. You’ve always been so amazing to me, Ade, and for me. I always feel my best when I’m around you, like I can accomplish anything. I love you.”

            I quickly kiss her before she interrupts. “I don’t ever think I’ll tire of hearing that. I love you too.”

            “Me either, and good, because I love saying it.”

            “Now, what are you two talking about in here?”

            “Nothing. I was feeding Anya and Autumn woke up. I didn’t want to wake you up, because you almost never nap, so I figured you must have been tired. Autumn was a little fussy, so I asked her if she was hungry and she said ‘yes,’ so I made her a grilled cheese and cut up some strawberries. I was just teaching her a little while she was eating. She keeps babbling to Anya too. It’s so cute.”

            I wipe a little spit up off Anya’s mouth, who is sitting in her bouncer next to Autumn at the table.

            “They are all so cute together. Like at the park when Autumn was sad that the babies couldn’t go on the swings with her. I swear, I’ve never seen her cry so hard.”

            “Yea, but she was so excited when we all went down the slides. You were so cute holding all of them. I sent that picture to everyone.” The look of shock on Ade’s face and I can’t help but laugh.

            “You didn’t, like, post it did you?”

            “No.” I say distractedly as I fix my shirt and place Conner on my shoulder to burp. “Just my family and yours. Why?”

            “I just.. You have a lot of followers on social media and stuff, I just don’t know if I’m ready to have Autumn out there like that.”

            “Oh babe, I would never! I haven’t even posted pictures of Conner and Anya yet. I agree. I want to keep their lives as private as possible. Obviously though, if and when we get on the show, things are going to change a little bit.”

            “I know, but we can figure that out when the time comes. Right now, I just want to keep it private. Even, like.. never mind. What do you want for dinner? I can cook something.”

            Ade turns around and starts rummaging through the freezer. I place Conner in his bouncer next to his sister before walking up behind Ade. I wrap my arms around her waist and kiss her shoulder. I have to lean up a little on my tiptoes to rest my chin on her shoulder.

            “Talk to me.” I whisper. She exhales and turns around. I rest my feet back on the floor and move my arms around the back of her neck, her arms wrapping around my waist, and look up into her milky, brown eyes.

            “I want us, me and you, to be private for a while. Even if we both get on the show. I just.. I just don’t want people thinking they can or need to give us any advice or tell us how to handle things right now. Obviously, the cast can know, since half of them know already, but I really don’t want the media or the public finding out.”

            “Okay.”

            “A-are you sure?”

            “Absolutely! You know me, Ade, I embrace the media and public, because of the Rivera’s and Two Gays and a Lady and even all the court stuff, I’ve kind of been around it all my life, but I would never put you or Autumn into any situation that you didn’t feel comfortable in. So, I one hundred percent support your decision.”

            “Thank you.”

            “You’re welcome.” I smile and wink. “Now, I’m cooking my lasagna tonight.”

            “Oh my god. Seriously? I haven’t had your lasagna for years! For once, I will not fight you. Go right ahead. The kitchen is all yours. I’ll watch the kids.”

            I laugh when she lays a long hard kiss on my lips, squeezing my cheeks in while she does so. She moves past me towards the three babies and moves to clean Autumn up and take her out of the highchair.

            “Don’t leave me though.” I pout. “I want company while I cook.”

            “Okay! Is it weird at all?”

            “What? Cooking?” I laugh and Adrianna rolls her eyes and smirks.

            “No, smart-aleck. This. Us. And how we’re already strangely domestic around each other.”

            “No.” I shrug, focusing on browning the beef on the stove. “It just feels normal, like we’re just meant to be doing this together.”

            “I completely agree.”


© 2016 Brittana0909


Author's Note

Brittana0909
Honestly, I'm in such a slump with this story and I haven't been able to write in it for about two years, but it's a goal of mine to finish, because it's the first thing I've ever written. Any constructive reviews could help or anything that would be cool to write about in future chapters. Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on June 12, 2016
Last Updated on June 12, 2016
Tags: fiction, adrienzie, babies, family, girlxgirl, hollywood, lesbian, lgbt, love, relationship, rwyb, soul mates, toddlers, twins


Author

Brittana0909
Brittana0909

Los Angeles, CA



Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Brittana0909


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Brittana0909