The Dogs

The Dogs

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

            From there, he was able to select a new password and then shut down the system again but let it load everything up. The login screen showed up and he typed out the password he set for himself. His account opened and he smiled at his perfect hack. Still, he had a problem. Somehow he was supposed to access the documents on his laptop from the computer he was currently sitting at. Hack loaded up Google and attempted to type in his question until it all collapsed into tiny fragments along the bottom of the screen. He pounded on the desk with the old mouse.

“Sorry, genius.” He heard Dagger mumble bitterly under her breath. Hack scowled but, then, that made him think. If all of their computers were somehow connected so that she could prevent them from doing certain things, then he should be able to skate along computer codes through the Internet and social media all the way to his laptop. He loaded up CMD again with a broad grin stretching across his face. It was time for a new type of hack.

He was close to reaching his laptop, he had already gained access to its hard-drive from finding its IP address embedded deep within his social media accounts. It was a slow process to distinguish where the file was located and before he had a chance to complete his search, everything shut down on him. He spun around and yelled furiously at Dagger but she simply stared at him with her clear blue eyes, void of any emotion. Ducky’s screen was also black yet, he made no motion to show any distress and when Hack looked at Dagger’s, he noticed that hers was as well. He made a nervous smile and her vicious eyes narrowed into a glare.

Her finger pressed on earpiece, “Base, what’s going on? I was kind of in the middle of something important, sir.”

“What?” She appeared to be bemused, “Dang it... Yes, sir, we’re on it.”

Dagger rested her eyes on Ducky and Hack, “One thing after another... It’s the Dogs. They always have these stupid surprise visits. If you have anything in your pockets spread them out in those drawers. If their dogs smell anything on you, they’ll rip you to shreds.”

Hack and Ducky pulled out their wallets, keys, cell phones, gum, and any other small items they found buried in their pockets. Dagger was rushing around the room too, but she pulled something out that made Hack freeze in his tracks. In her hand was a slim, black gun. He pointed and his lips formed in desperation to find the words to voice his thoughts but she held a finger to her lips.

“Base, how much time do we have?” She nodded as the reply came through and rushed to another drawer in the room. Her hand bumped around in it until she found a small nick. She pulled it up for a secret panel and slid her gun inside.

“Everyone get on the computers and go to the website posted under the keyboards. These people can’t see us hacking so, as far as they know, we’re computer technicians and, basically, solicitors,” she commented as she ran back to her own computer, trying to restrain herself from lashing out. Hack used his mouse to navigate himself through the website he loaded up while his thoughts wandered. The Dogs? A gun? What the heck is going on? Suddenly the door burst open and Dagger was no longer able to contain herself. She stepped directly in front of the group of men with Ducky following suit.

“What the hell are you doing here?!” She shrilled at the man in front covered in a bulletproof vest with an automatic strapped across his chest.

“Our little surprise visit,” the man’s lips curled.

“Do you have a warrant?”

“As always, you little twit. Now move aside so we can get to our job.”

“No. May I remind you that you have also interrupted us from doing our jobs?”

“Oh, I’m sorry like what? Playing on computers? Grow up, brat.” He pushed her aside so that dogs on short leashes could charge through with their noses thrust forward to sniff their pockets.

“Sir, you need to leave this premises immediately.” Dagger crossed her arms.

“If you prevent me from doing my sweep, Miss, I have the right to detain you. Trust me, I have no hesitations doing so after our past visits.”

“I’m willing to take that chance.”

A drawer crashed to the ground as the men, known as the Dogs, were rushing around the room to complete their search. They scattered papers, kicked open doors, and dragged Hack out of his seat to the floor as they let the dogs search him. Dagger looked back at him, seeing his hands clutched over his neck to show he surrendered and directed her eyes back to the floor. She had seen this position many times before in many police operations not just from the news on criminals but she’d also seen it before on him, on Hack. The man puffed out his chest, smiling approvingly at his men leaving a mess on the floor, “You have nothing to worry about if you have nothing to hide.”

“I have nothing to hide,” Dagger boldly stepped up to him but in a flash, she was pushed face flat on the ground with the man hovering above her, his hands clutching both of her wrists. Ducky watched without a word as Hack stood up and kicked the man in the gut. He rolled off of Dagger and she scrambled to her feet.

“Leave, now.” Her fingers were twitching by her sides but the man refused, getting up and moving threateningly in Hack’s direction. Then, another drawer was dropped to the white tiles; the crash echoing in their ears. The man seemed to notice Dagger’s body grow stiff because he glanced over at the drawer with a menacing grin tugging at his lips. 



© 2014 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Still editing

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ohh the peices seem to be putting into the right places . i've gotta say i'm loving Dagger especially as a characters also i love the inclusion of the Dogs and the ending . well done sadly to see the hacking has gone after it's return in the previous chapter but instead we got some thrilling action which is always a good read .

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

So full of action! Great work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Intense! Don't want to make this long so I can keep going!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ohh the peices seem to be putting into the right places . i've gotta say i'm loving Dagger especially as a characters also i love the inclusion of the Dogs and the ending . well done sadly to see the hacking has gone after it's return in the previous chapter but instead we got some thrilling action which is always a good read .

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 17, 2011
Last Updated on May 30, 2014


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Somewhere Somewhere

A Chapter by BrynnaW.


Deal Deal

A Chapter by BrynnaW.


Delicate Shadow Delicate Shadow

A Chapter by BrynnaW.


Base 1 Base 1

A Chapter by BrynnaW.