Delicate Shadow

Delicate Shadow

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

Hack trudged his way throughout the warehouse until he came across a long hallway with several doors. He tried a couple doors but found that most of them were empty. Each room was simple with only a bed, dresser, bathroom, fan, and a light inside. It was obvious that each worker had their own room but then that would mean he had one too.

He tried another door and saw that the bathroom light was on and that the room had been furnished more than the others along with the fact that it was much larger with more personalized touches. A shadow draped delicately out of the doorway. The figure appeared to be a woman’s as a silky dress fell over the woman’s form, showing the curves of her body. Slowly, Hack was compelled to draw himself closer to the doorway. The shadow dipped its fingers into its long hair that curled at the ends. An exhausted sigh escaped the figure, the shoulders relaxing for a moment before tensing up. Hack now stood at the door and stared at the bare back of a woman. A white night gown was fit to the form of her body and her skin seemed to be as smooth as the silk that clothed her. Wavy brown hair covered her shoulders like a blanket and all he wanted to do was run his fingers through it. He didn’t know why, he just felt like he had to, like he had done it before.

The woman turned around with a gun in her hand. It was Dagger. She walked with the gun steadily aimed while Hack continued to step back until he hit the wall. The cold muzzle of the gun was pressed under his jaw. He felt numb and the words she spat at his seemed to be jumbled. The delicate woman was suddenly savage with blood lust shining brightly in her eyes. His cheek began to sting as she struck across it.

“What are you doing here?! She yelled again. Hack stared at her  with kind eyes and gently ran his hand through her hair. Dagger relaxed for a moment but she dug her gun into his skull. His head abruptly jerked back to the wall and he groaned.

“Sorry... Okay? I’m sorry,” Hack held his hands up like a man about to be arrested.

“What are you doing here?” Her voice was still sharp though tears were beginning to stream down her cheeks.

“I couldn’t find my room so I randomly picked ones. It was an accident that I came into yours.”

“Was it an accident that you decided to go into my bathroom?”

“You were just... And I...” Hack was at a loss for words.

“Exactly. You deserve to be reported for this...”

“What is with you? One second you seem so gentle and the next you’re holding a gun to my head! You really would kill me if you could, wouldn’t you?”
            Dagger’s mouth dropped open and she let the gun fall to her feet while her hands covered her face. Hack kicked the gun away as he rubbed her wrists gently with his thumbs when she spoke. “You can’t possibly think I’m gentle. Have you seen everything that’s happened today?” She searched Hack’s eyes for an answer but he didn’t reply, “I wouldn’t kill you... You just caught me off guard and... Forget it, your room is opposite of mine. Base 1 thought that we might need to discuss the President’s files at some point so he rearranged the rooms.” She crossed her arms over the night gown after wiping her eyes. “I missed you, Hack.”

Hack was perplexed but she didn’t give him a chance to talk.

“Good night. Please leave...”

Hack walked out with a glance back at her but she was already sitting in bed with a book open in her lap, the gun now resting on top of the night stand. He went into his own room, sat on the bed, and tried to process everything that had just happened before he fell asleep.



© 2014 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Still editing

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting confrontation between Hack and Dagger.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this was a long read,
but quiet interesting ,
i like dagger
i think he is interesting,
sorry im this busy,
but i cant help it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Interesting characters. I am curious to know more about this place, and other people hat might be here, the history. Great book, keep it up.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

my skull! You would kill me in you could wouldn't you?!" edit to my skull! You would kill me if you could wouldn't you?!" i really enjoyed this - i don't know if it was a hour of waiting but it was really good and i like the slow pacing . i really like Dagger and i like to see different sides to her Character and reading this chapter i did see the vulnerable Dagger - great read . can't wait to read what comes next maybe you could consider a story spinoff DAGGER - joking

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 22, 2011
Last Updated on May 30, 2014


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Somewhere Somewhere

A Chapter by BrynnaW.


The Dogs The Dogs

A Chapter by BrynnaW.


Base 1 Base 1

A Chapter by BrynnaW.


Deal Deal

A Chapter by BrynnaW.