Name

Name

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

            He sprint out of the room and into Dagger just as she was returning. Her head hit the wall as she was shoved to the ground on her back. Vaguely, Hack noticed what he had done and that the lights in the hall were on. He reached his hand out for her with an apology lingering in his eyes but she eased herself up the wall. Her hand clutched her head as she grit her teeth, the world spinning out of control around her. He tried to apologize again as he moved her hand gently to the side to see the skin rising over a bump, though she pushed her way past him. The computer room was still enclosed in darkness.

Amidst the quiet, Hack heard Dagger cry out as her hip hit the corner of one of the desks. She pressed a button on the keyboard and the systems, as well as the lights, came back online one at a time. As the lights flickered on, he asked her a question that had been haunting him.

            "What's your name?" Hack caught her eyes for a split second.

            "Dagger," she replied before settling down with her work.

            "No, your real name."

            "If you knew my name you might rat me out to the authorities."

            "Fine... Why did you type your nickname on the computer differently?"

            "Hack, I have a huge headache and I really don't feel like explaining. Just think of your nickname with the initials of your name almost. Mine is similar but it’s an acronym. Now, please, get back to work." She was still clutching her head.

            Hack stared at her for a while before going back to his computer with fingers hovered over the keys. Why not take a little break from getting the files? Dagger wouldn't really take away everything if he took a little break, would she? What if it was just a small joke? He smiled devilishly as Command Prompt was loaded up once again. However, he didn’t get very far until she was standing over his computer.

"Problems?" Dagger asked, startling him.

            "Why won't it... Let me guess, it was you?" Hack groaned.

            "Yup, I don't want you trying to shut down any networks without my permission and that won't be until you get me those files. Next time I see you do this, you are gone. And----" Dagger was cut off by her watch, "We're going to have to cut today short... I've got to be somewhere." Hack watched as she turned on her heel and walked away without another word.



© 2014 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Still editing

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

hello . i'm so stupid , i read the lion den's chapter before this one but when reading the next one connected when reading the lion den's chapter without having to read this one for some reason. good chapter and nice characterization as always , the chapter isn't that long but when you're like taking a break from H.A.C.K.
you should post a long chapter then when you come back from your break of writing , post a long chapter again then continue posted small chapters till your wanting a break again . this might be a good formula for you to follow and it keeps me and readers connected still.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I didn't think it was long at all. I hope the problems persist because it seems like this was solved to simply and the motion of the story kind of came to a halt. Anyway, I'm sure you have some big event planned! I'll stop talking and keep reading.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Well done as always! You never cease to amaze me!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hello . i'm so stupid , i read the lion den's chapter before this one but when reading the next one connected when reading the lion den's chapter without having to read this one for some reason. good chapter and nice characterization as always , the chapter isn't that long but when you're like taking a break from H.A.C.K.
you should post a long chapter then when you come back from your break of writing , post a long chapter again then continue posted small chapters till your wanting a break again . this might be a good formula for you to follow and it keeps me and readers connected still.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 19, 2011
Last Updated on May 30, 2014


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.