Fifth and the Last

Fifth and the Last

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

            When they got to the computer room, Dagger called another meeting once again in her commanding tone. Ducky leaped out of his computer chair to follow them to the conference room without question. Everyone sat down and repeatedly, Dagger was heard bitterly cursing under her breath. Hack watched closely as she approached Ducky with clenched fists. She leaned down to whisper in his ear as she passed something to him under the table; Hack strained his ears to hear what she was saying.

            "I'm sick of doing your dirty work. That's the fifth and the last. Base gave you these jobs so you are going to make sure they are done." Dagger took her seat at the head of the table after flicking her hair out of her pale face but her eyes remained on Ducky as she spoke, "Well, Hack, you know what you are doing. Ducky will be doing what he was originally told to do by Base 1. Also, when he is finished, he is going to trace last night's breach."

            "Yes! It's only right. I mean, you guys totally left me out of it last night so, now it's my turn to have a whack at this thing." Ducky pounded on the table happily and used his feet to tilt himself on the hind legs of his chair.

            "Wait, I thought we were going to use those gl-----" Hack was cut off before he could say more.

            "To use what? Hack, I don't know what you are talking about but we really don't have the time." Dagger gestured toward the clock on the wall ready to fall off of its hinges.

            "Dagger, may I remind you that if you are doing anything without Base 1’s permission then he will say good bye to you by his hand... Maybe mine." Ducky motioned his finger cutting his throat, challenging her for the very first time.

            "I understand that."

            "Now, what were you going to do today?"

            She flashed him a deathly glare, "Hacking as usual. Any specifics are between only me and Base. I think that's about it for this meeting. Ducky, you go do what you've got to do. If you need anything Hack and I will be in the computer room."

            Hack zoned in and out during the meeting since it had been primarily organized to deal with Ducky but, as he thought, he understood why Dagger didn't want anyone finding out about the glasses. What was wrong with her building them, though? He followed her to the computer room and sat at his computer feeling like his second day on the job was really his millionth. Did they ever do anything other than hack? Hack’s body jolted when he heard a loud thud down the hall past the door. He glanced back at Dagger with a question in his eyes but either she didn't notice or she simply ignored it.

            Ducky suddenly burst through the door and asked for her help with taking care of ‘something.’ She hesitated slightly as she got out of her chair and darted out of the room with him. Hack got out of his seat, wondering if he should follow or remain where he was. What’s going on? He barely had his hand on the doorknob before Dagger came back in with her hair disheveled around her face and a tinge of sadness hiding behind her eyes. Other than making sure he got back to work, she paid no attention to him and did her own thing. Something was going but, no matter how hard he tried, Hack couldn't quite understand. Perhaps there was a way to talk to Dagger without really speaking. Well, there was, of course. In fact, there were dozens of ways. Hack clicked on the start menu and selected 'Run' again but, this time, he typed 'Telnet' into the box.



© 2014 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Still editing

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i didn't think there was much dialogue so i don't think the dialogue needs reducing or anything because it's needed i think . i'm enjoying H.A.C.K more now that there smaller chapters as it makes me as a person want more to read. i'm enjoying the characterizaton and i think you have been spot on . i want to see more of Ducky and Hack but i can't help but feel Hack has been getting sidelined compared to Dagger who has took like a main role but i like Dagger but some more Hack wouldn't hurt . but saying this , i don't know how you plan to continue and end the story , so obviously Dagger will be a big part in the grand scheme of things . anyways , good chapter .

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Dialogue is good...it helps with character development. Anyway another interesting chapter...I love how everything gets more and more complex.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You are doing great!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i didn't think there was much dialogue so i don't think the dialogue needs reducing or anything because it's needed i think . i'm enjoying H.A.C.K more now that there smaller chapters as it makes me as a person want more to read. i'm enjoying the characterizaton and i think you have been spot on . i want to see more of Ducky and Hack but i can't help but feel Hack has been getting sidelined compared to Dagger who has took like a main role but i like Dagger but some more Hack wouldn't hurt . but saying this , i don't know how you plan to continue and end the story , so obviously Dagger will be a big part in the grand scheme of things . anyways , good chapter .

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 14, 2011
Last Updated on May 30, 2014


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5