Dagger

Dagger

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

 Hack looked back and forth from the door to Ducky. He just couldn't understand Dagger at all. She warned him not to go as she had and yet she declared it was skill. He understood that what she had done was amazing and certainly took skill to do but how far was too far? As a hacker, there were no limits to the computer network and it was almost like a job to prove it. Hack looked over at Ducky once again but before he could even say a word, Ducky spoke.

            "Wow... If she could, she'd rip you apart without a moment's hesitation," he smiled.

            "I have no doubt that she would... What the heck is with her?" Hack asked.

            "I've been here for a while now and I still don't know. That hack was nine years ago which would mean that she's been here since she was eight."

            "That's insane. So, Base 1, he's like a dad to her?"

            "Might be but only she knows that. Dagger was taken away from her family, as far as I know... But, even that might not be true,” Ducky ran a hand through his hair and sighed, “I do know that Base 1 has kept her by his side from the time I got here, though. She's never argued with him as you've probably heard. Seems like everything  'bout that girl is a mystery. Also, try not to complain about those old computers too much because believe it or not, that’s what she made her hack with. She broke into someone's house to do it, though."

           Hack nodded, understanding why she would go to such lengths to use a different computer. He stretched his arms and watched Ducky, "Does she hack anymore then?"

            "Yeah, all the time. I don’t know anything else, sorry. If you want any other information, you’ll have to ask her." Ducky stood up to leave, "Oh, and I suggest you get to work pretty soon here. It gets kind of strict sometimes.”

            He left Hack sitting by himself for a couple minutes. He was trying to soak in everything that was happening and tried to figure out what they needed the President’s files for. These people were so different and running something beyond legal terms. Slowly, he got up from the seat to make his way to the Computer Room again. He sat at his computer and gave curious glances back at Dagger. He could hear her fingers moving rapidly but he saw that she wasn't looking at the screen but at him. Hack directed his back to his own computer. It started up on Windows and one log-in appeared on the screen labeled “H.AC.K.” He clicked on it and a password box appeared below it.

            "Ducky, what's the pass?" Hack whispered quietly.

            "I don't know. We each have our own," Ducky focused on his own screen of codes, threads, and commands. Hack watched for a second, looked back at Dagger, and shut off his computer. There was always a way inside, hacking was always the more fun way to go.

            Hack didn’t wait for the computer too boot up completely or go to the Windows Logo. Instead, he pressed on the F8 key several times until a black screen with grey commands popped up. He used the arrow keys to navigate his way to the Command Prompt and pressed enter. Codes, all in grey, formed one by one on the computer. The thrill of hacking began to cause chills in his heart even though it was simple and not a big deal. It had been a week since he had hacked into something but it felt ages ago. There was always an itch to hack so any form was able to help control his impulse. The login screen popped up and it showed a new account labeled as the Administrator. He selected it and clicked on the start menu and typed ‘CMD’ in the small box.



© 2014 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Still editing

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Getting more and more interesting!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Interesting, I wonder what Dagger's past is. She's quite the mysterious woman, be careful with that. After a time, it can get a bit annoying to the reader. Well done, a good chapter.

Posted 12 Years Ago


erm i enjoyed this chapter for the exploration and development of Dagger not from her character but how you learn this from Ducky also - this was the only chapter i was dissatisfied with the ending - overall though a nice chapter but i can't wait for the book to get it's hack on

Posted 12 Years Ago


Hack looked back and forth at the door and back at Ducky. He couldn't understand Dagger at all. She warned him not to go as far as her in a hack and yet she declared it was skill.

Haha! That's all I was saying!

Very good chapter!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

316 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 10, 2011
Last Updated on May 30, 2014


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Restless Restless

A Story by BrynnaW.


Another Task Another Task

A Chapter by BrynnaW.