Skill

Skill

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

             "Just kind of curious but... Why don't you ever argue with that guy?" Hack asked with the words of Base 1 still haunting him. Dagger led  him to the Computer Room and she didn’t so much as acknowledge his question until they reached it.

            "That's none of your business," her brown hair was stuck in a bun and a few hairs that had fallen out, struck across her face when she whipped her head around to face him.
            "Why can’t you just tell me?"

            Dagger opened the door to a large room with only a small set of desktop computers with their large 'brains' next to each, "Let's just say, he has some things against me, OK? Now, this is your computer."
            "You’ve got to be kidding me... This dinosaur?"
            "That ‘dinosaur’ is actually some of the most advanced technology for hacking. Also, do you have the files?"
            "You don't seriously think that I'd be walking around with them do you? They're at my apartment. I could get-----" 
            Dagger cursed, "I can't let you leave until we can trust you. Ducky, call the Pack and tell them to search Hack's place for the files." Ducky nodded while looking slightly uneasy.
            "They aren't really at my place but in my laptop, in data. I’m the only person that access them without the files being permanently distorted or deleted." Hack stopped Ducky from leaving.
            Dagger's fists clenched, "Meeting now!" She thundered off to another room.
            Ducky shook his head, “This can’t be good. Seeing that she’s so mad that she’d call the Pack, I don’t think this is going to be very pleasant.”

            "What's the Pack?" Hack whispered as they sat down at a long conference table.

            "Not a what, who. They are what you could call a SWAT team just... different and worse. I’ve heard rumors that they make the SWAT team actually look like wimps and, well, that's good enough for me." Ducky motioned for Hack to be quiet as Dagger looked up at them from the head of the table.
            "Listen, Hack, we need those files and you are going to get them without leaving this building. Hack into them, download them, I don't care what the heck you do as long as you do so fast. If I see you doing anything other than trying to get those files, I will confiscate any computers you own, ban you from ever owning any, and keep you on 24/7 watch by the Pack. In other words, your computer life is gone as well as your social life if you ever had one, that is." Dagger tapped her feet and crossed her arms.
            "One question, why do you hate me? Is it because of my hack or what?" Hack noticed Ducky giving him a warning look.
            "I don't hate you, I have to take charge around here because this place is full of idiots. This is the only way anything will get done around here. As to your hack, you acted like an amateur in the stupid thing and you put your name on the message. Never do that unless you plan on being on the run. And, seeing as you were near your apartment even after the hack, I'd say you weren't. If you’re going to advertise your name, post it everywhere! Las Vegas should scream your name, Times Square, Theaters, TV, everything. Make everyone know your name, but never go as far as I did."
            "Well there’s no going back now. That hack was brilliant by the way, how’d you do it?" Hack changed the subject.
            "Skill." Dagger left without a second glance.



© 2014 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Long story short, I'm still editing

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You are really building up the story line great!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great tension between Hack and Dagger. Loved it, a great ending and good plot. You might want to slow down a bit, tell more about where, when... good luck!

Posted 12 Years Ago


a few words in - and i'm loving it - i'm not just saying all this positivity just because you're in Full Circle it's because i truly like H.A.C.K. as a whole and i could see this a book in the stores or a short TV series .and i like the short - lived conversation at the start between Hack and Dagger and i loved the ending . this is my favorite chapter of the first four .

Posted 12 Years Ago


acres>access


"You acted like an amateur in the stupid thing. You put your name on the message! Never do that unless you plan on being on the run. Also, if you are going to advertise your name, post it everywhere! Las Vegas should say your name, Times Square, Theaters, TV, everything. Make everyone know your name and remember it but never go as far as I did."
"How did you make that hack?"
"Skill." Dagger turned on her heel and left without a second glance.



This didn't really make sense to me...it seems to me that Dagger should say "Your name may as well be everywhere" if putting in his name was amateur, he shouldn't put it everywhere. Also if it was amateur, she wouldn't have said she went farther than he did, said not to, then said it was skill. I thought she was contradicting herself a lot. Did that all make sense? Message me if you need to. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

316 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 8, 2011
Last Updated on May 30, 2014


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Alone Alone

A Story by BrynnaW.